Preview R18: Changes v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Suckling is an elite leg. Don't compare him in any way to Henderson.
Suckling also has nothing else to his game, which is why he's been in and out this year. Hendo has his speed and has a decent leg. I'm sorry, but Suckling isn't automatically a better player because he's at the Hawks. He's turned the ball over a fair bit this year, just like Hendo can at times.

I'll also compare whoever I like, thanks.

Incredibly disappointed neither Wright or Mackay were dropped. Pathetic Effort from Noble as well
Mackay I can kinda understand even though I'd have dropped him. Wright I just can't fathom at all.

Whats stopping Martin playing DMacs role ?? He can play the outside runner with the added bonus of being strong overhead and stronger in the contest when required.

The only team that's come close to hawthorn's level since the bye has been us. given that, given that this is one of our strongest sides for the year and some important players are starting to get continuity, given its at home, I give us a good chance against sydney. Going to be interesting to see how this one plays out. Sydney like the contested stuff, which is normally how we beat other teams, but they've been much better at manufacturing uncontested stuff than us in previous five or six games but in the last couple of weeks campo has got us starting to get some good levels of uncontested ball now as well. Hopefully we chill off on the hard press a bit, provide some added redundancy to it and that give them a real good run for their money. Cant wait.

I can just envisage Nobes getting in his Toyota after the interview, adjusting the rear view and laughing nervously to himself. Exclaiming "non statistical roles" to himself and saying, "yep, pay that". Then reversing the car out and whistling somewhere over the rainbow all the way home.

Well you've shown yourself to be as clueless as our selectors so it's not surprising you're in sync.

Our mate NTRabbit has proven he barely even watches the game. Similar to Noble, he selects primarily by looking at games played. Jesus, I'm starting to feel sorry for VB again. What did he do wrong to deserve such shabby treatment. Off-field work - first class. Time trials - near unbeatable at our club. On field - could be a smidgin better. Denied a crack at 200 (at present) while a guy like Wright holds his spot.

Weak as piss AFC selection panel. You deserve the rewards that you reap as does every supporter like the Rabbit that supports this bullshit.

Seriously "non statistical roles". Talk about semantics!

Didn't Brett Chalmers play a non statistical role for us twice. When he sat on the bench the whole ******* game?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously "non statistical roles". Talk about semantics!

Didn't Brett Chalmers play a non statistical role for us twice. When he sat on the bench the whole ******* game?!

Lucas Herbert.

Our mate NTRabbit has proven he barely even watches the game. Similar to Noble, he selects primarily by looking at games played. Jesus, I'm starting to feel sorry for VB again. What did he do wrong to deserve such shabby treatment. Off-field work - first class. Time trials - near unbeatable at our club. On field - could be a smidgin better. Denied a crack at 200 (at present) while a guy like Wright holds his spot.

Weak as piss AFC selection panel. You deserve the rewards that you reap as does every supporter like the Rabbit that supports this bullshit.
NT thinks he's never wrong, even last week he denied DMack played wing, he must have been watching the wrong replay.

Wright even got subbed out after another sh*t game by him and somehow he keeps his spot week after week! McKay not much better.
I truely feel for Lyons, CEY, M. Couch and Keg see Wright get a game spamming it up weekly!
How worse does Wright have to get before he is dropped for f*ck sake!

At some point it needs to dawn on supporters that this isn't a week-to-week issue. THIS IS A CULTURAL ISSUE. And whilst David Noble is the head honcho of our football dept it will not change. The most senior person responsible for our on-field performance thoroughly endorses this weeks selection decisions. Think about that for a minute and what it means going forward.

I'm going to make a comeback to footy, reckon I could get a game playing a non-statistical role.

Also curious as to why Wright and DMack have been chosen to play the non-statistical roles. Especially DMack, we badly need run and carry but we chose to play him in a role that doesn't require touching the ball. ******* idiotic or just spin bullshit???

It's obvious the coaches rank some players on different metrics due to team balance, game plan etc. The fact many here were blasting VB in the Freo game yet he polled coaches votes is an example. As is the various "team player" awards given by each team in the comp.

I'd actually genuinely be interested in seeing what it is that the coaches believe Mackay and Wright are doing well enough to remain in the team. Or is it simply that they don't believe anyone in the SANFL can do the same role any better? It's a shame we're unlikely to ever get a straight answer on this.

I don't, not really. I just don't really rate any of the much spoken of alternatives either, certainly not for Mackay, for whom we have none at all.

My contention has always been that these guys aren't really good enough (though Wright could be), but the problem is nobody on our list is pushing adequately enough to replace them, and in the case of Mackay we don't even have a suitable type to actually push for it, so bereft of outside run are we.

The shrill sorts take this to mean I think these guys are wonderful and deserve to play ahead of the highly talented and outstanding kids being wasted in the SANFL, logic-free as shrill sorts tend to be.
So we don't have anyone capable in the SANFL of playing a non-statistical role as well as Wright?

* you talk s**t

And sometimes I think I might be getting overly negative with the club and then this s**t makes me think, nah they are a bunch of knobs.
I have been a critic of Noble for a few years and he continues to prove me right. He treats the supporters with contempt.

How the hell Matt Crouch didnt get a call up is just beyond me.
He was in our bests when he was dropped. He then went back to SANFL and got BOG. Wasnt called up then and got second or third best last week and no call up again.
During that time Matty Wright has continued his poor form and even got subbed last week because of it.
The selection panel is inept.
Matt Crouch needs to ask for a trade. He has been treated poorly by the club and plenty of other clubs will give him a chance.
Also the fact that he hasnt been signed up tells me the club is considering him as a trade at the end of the year.
I think Lyons was BOG

I'm going to make a comeback to footy, reckon I could get a game playing a non-statistical role.

Also curious as to why Wright and DMack have been chosen to play the non-statistical roles. Especially DMack, we badly need run and carry but we chose to play him in a role that doesn't require touching the ball. ******* idiotic or just spin bullshit???
Surely we could atleast use a cheap rookie to do the non statistical jobs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back