Preview R18: Changes v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

"Non-statistical role" is what I would name Cyril Rioli, Paul Puopolo or Jamie Elliot. Low possession but score goals and tackle in the 50.

Wright isn't even a decoy.

Wrights job is to sacrifice his own game to ensure other players don't contribute to their team winning. I will list his scalps so far this year;

Crouch, Matthew
Lyons, Jarryd
Ellis-Yolmen, Cameron
Grigg, Mitchell
Martin, Brodie
Kerridge, Samuel

Wasn't wrong :thumbsu:

And really, I've not remotely been as much of a dick as any of you nonce's have been to anyone who has disagreed with your utterly fanciful versions of events, and anguished screams every Thursday evening; I just choose to keep posting.
Hah classic, of course you weren't wrong, keep saying it please.

Hartigan on Tippett? He's gonna make that spud look good....sigh

Is Lever big and strong enough to stand Tippett?

This is getting beyond a joke. Get ready to say goodbye to matt crouch, sam kerridge and mitch grigg. As they ask to be traded. You can probably throw lyons in with that aswell, hel probably be made sub. Watch wright get a new contract and be overpaid. If i was one of the above players i would be seething that players that dont contribute anything seem to have a free ride into the 22 every week while it doesnt matter how you perform you wont be selected infront of them.

The funny thing is that when those players walk, Wright will become more valuable and be rewarded accordingly. Perhaps M Crouch has refused a final contract offer already.

Some of you guys are just monkeys, why are you having a go at Noble?

He ain't picking the team but he as a member of the executive has to agree with it in public, no matter how much he may disagree with it in private. He must feel like that dude who had to give war updates for the Iraqi army
Head of football isn't he? You don't think he'd have a say if he wanted to?

Sign me up on a 4 year non statistical gig, sounds awesome.

I'd be great at it too.
It's surprising Carlton haven't been performing better this season. They have a glut of these players.

You've nailed it! I looked at every category in the data and there's no SFA category, that's why Wright is performing a team valued non-statistical measure!

Nobel is full of brown stuff, he knows Wright shouldn't be there so had his cute answer already prepared when asked the question. Why didn't one of those AA muppets grill him further FFS

As for Mackay, didn't we hand him a 4 year contract? What bullshit that was, not as if any other team would be remotely interested in him. Should have kept him on keen and mean 1 year extensions.

Elite standards - give me a break. Killing it in the SANFL doesn't count for much. I'll be fuming if we now don't beat a patched up Swans.

AA muppets??? You mean Crows Ambassadors. What do you expect. Nothing has been proven to have changed yet. Walshy was on the way. My only hope us that Roo, as footy director, and Fagan are giving these guys enough rope. Because, sure as s**t, Roo knows Wright and Dmac should not be in the team ahead of about 4 others. Especially considering the extra performance benefit that experience provides.

Some of you guys are just monkeys, why are you having a go at Noble?

He ain't picking the team but he as a member of the executive has to agree with it in public, no matter how much he may disagree with it in private. He must feel like that dude who had to give war updates for the Iraqi army

Its a bullshit explanation and treats supporters as uneducated

Authentic my ass

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because I've been right every time, and you just keep on spinning

Why do you gloat about such s**t? You're just as bad as our selection panel, worse maybe even if that's possible.

How can anyone possibly justify these absolute plodders getting a game for us. What have they done to warrant their spot in the side, what have the others not done to warrant being picked.

Still yet to hear your thoughts on how VB has been travelling the past 2 weeks...

Does anyone seriously believe Wright will be offered a contract next year? I doubt it, which is why I don't seem to mind too much that he's playing, last chance saloon for sure. His card should have been marked a little earlier in the year though, he's been in our worst players in the majority of the games we've played this year.

I mind because it could cost us a finals berth!

Wright has had 1 good game all year. 1. I just don't know what the * he is actually doing to stay in.....

Watched a bit of Wright behind the play against Gold Coast. He was standing about 50-100m off the play with Malceski next to him. I thought to myself fair enough, that must be his role, keep Malceski away from the play. A couple of seconds later, Gold Coast are paid a free kick in the centre square, Malceski sprints up to the ball to receive it from his teammate on the run and kick it into the 50 while Wright half heartedly jogs about 50 metres behind him and doesn't even make an attempt to affect the play. I don't see how he was performing his non-statistical role there.

He didn't get a stat. What more do you want.

Its a bullshit explanation and treats supporters as uneducated

Authentic my ass

What would you want him to say "yeah, it's ridiculous but Teagues has a woody for Wright"?

Maybe he thought the words he chose tonight was the best way of saying he thought the selections were s**t without ssaying it and breaking the company line

yes way.

Hannebery lining up at half forward.
No idea why you think hendo will play on hannas.

Do you believe that teams named actually line up in position.

Bloody unlikely to happen!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back