B: Taylor Hine, Steven May, Trent McKenzie
HB: Daniel Stanley, Matthew Warnock, Jarrod Harbrow
C: David Swallow, Gary Ablett, Matt Shaw
HF: Jackson Allen, Tom Lynch, Brandon Matera
F: Liam Patrick, Jared Brennan, Campbell Brown
Foll: Charlie Dixon, Kyal Horsley, Harley Bennell
Int: Maverick Weller, Josh Caddy, Jeremy Taylor, Aaron Hall

Emg: Alik Magin, Tom Hickey, Andrew McQualter

In: Daniel Stanley, Steven May, Jeremy Taylor, Jackson Allen, Aaron Hall, Kyal Horsley
Out: Zac Smith (ankle), Karmichael Hunt (shoulder), Luke Russell (shoulder), Michael Rischitelli (knee), Sam Day (foot), Dion Prestia (hamstring)
New: Jackson Allen (Morningside)

GWS Giants
B: Shaun Edwards, Phil Davis, Curtly Hampton
HB: Adam Kennedy, Chad Cornes, Matthew Buntine
C: Tomas Bugg, Adam Treloar, WIlliam Hoskin-Elliott
HF: Tim Golds, Jeremy Cameron, Jacob Townsend
F: Devon Smith, Andrew Phillips, Israel Folau
Foll: Jonathan Giles, Stephen Coniglio, Anthony Miles
Int: Sam Darley, Tom Scully, Adam Tomlinson, Luke Power

Emg: Steve Clifton, Jack Hombsch, Nathan Wilson

In: Sam Darley, Shaun Edwards, Israel Folau, Tim Golds, Andrew Phillips, Adam Tomlinson
Out: Callan Ward (groin), Jonathon Patton (shoulder), Toby Greene (groin), Taylor Adams (back), Sam Frost (hip), Dean Brogan
New: Tim Golds (Oakleigh Chargers)

Ins and outs?

I'd find it pretty hard to make a strong case to make any changes really.

Patton might be questionable with a sore shoulder and Ward looked like hurt his arm/wrist early in the 1st but showed no ill effects.

Potential ins would really depend on who comes out, but we're relatively healthy at the moment (19 AFL-listed players for UWS on Saturday!) and should be able to cover any rests, injuries or omissions. Phillips was best on for UWS and will get a run if Brogan is out, Mohr could return after 4 weeks out, UWS had Folau, Palmer, Tyson, Edwards, Hombsch, Bruce, Darley, Tomlinson, Clifton, Wilson and more on the weekend.

GC will be looking at this as probably their best chance yet to notch up a win at home, but they look to have taken a fair injury toll out of the weekend and even before that. GWS on the other hand will be raring to go; there was an ominous look about the boys on the weekend, like they know how to win...

Was really excited about this game a few weeks back when we strung a few really great games together against quality opposition. Now we've had about 8 injuries since then to important players and I'm shitting myself.

Really looking forward to seeing the Giants in the flesh on Saturday arvo, and hopefully we can get one back on you guys and notch up a win. I think it might be a decent crowd with the fringe AFL supporters probably going to come along moreso because theres a sniff of a win here against our rival start up club.

At the moment, we are most likely going to have Rischatelli, Swallow, Smith, Hunt, Prestia out, which are all vital and best 22 midfield for us. Plus there will be concerns over Russell, and Day apparently. Injury list to come out Tuesday I believe.

Scoreboard didn't reflect our game against Melb, won contested possessions I think, but endeavour seemed a couple % off, 2nd to the ball, broken tackles defensively was too easy for Melb. Didn't capitalise on set shots, and a few point blank shots as well from 10-15m out which is demorallising on the day.

Good luck, will poke my head in through the week as any interesting news comes up.

I think Sheeds said that Brogan won't play again but that Phillips would certainly get a game, as would Tom Downie at some stage and of course Izzy to come back. Ward was a hyper-extended elbow in the first minute of the game. Got it strapped and played mighty from then on, can't see why he wouldn't play. Depending on Patton's shoulder I can see Izzy for Patton and Phillips for Brogan - or just Phillips for Brogan. Tyson has been out for such a long time that one more run in the magoos is likely. I'd like to get Mohr back in but for who? Frost hasn't done that much wrong.

Of course, I reckon Steve Clifton deserves to be back in, but then again I would wouldn't I? But who do you leave out.

It was interesting they subbed Adams out when Patton was injured. Is there an injury there we don't know about or did we just pull the trigger a minute too early?

I will be heading up for this one. Looking forward to checking out Metricon, if I can work out how to get there from Surfers. There must be buses. Might join some of you boys in the cheer squad.

Hopefully Sheedy puts a team on the park with winning as the main objective.

I like GWS to win this weekend and to win well. I just think that with GWS you have a coach that has a lot of pride and would not ever consider the word 'tank' in his AFL vocab and you take into consideration that arguably he may only coach another year or two max, he is more interested in developing a brand as opposed to seeking draft picks.

With GC you have a side where McKenna is aiming to be there for the long haul and with that will welcome a top draft pick, coupled with injuries that have hit that side and it all points to a GWS win.

I see GWS by 40+

I like GWS to win this weekend and to win well. I just think that with GWS you have a coach that has a lot of pride and would not ever consider the word 'tank' in his AFL vocab and you take into consideration that arguably he may only coach another year or two max, he is more interested in developing a brand as opposed to seeking draft picks.

With GC you have a side where McKenna is aiming to be there for the long haul and with that will welcome a top draft pick, coupled with injuries that have hit that side and it all points to a GWS win.

I see GWS by 40+

Both sides have enough young talent and need victories.

Unfortunatly, Gold Coast have been crippled by injuries. Its going to need something very very special by Ablett and Bennell to get them home.

Well, with today's injury update we have some massive outs. Ward, Greene, Patton, Frost, possibly Adams, Mohr won't be back this year, Shiel and Palmer still unavailable, JMac too.

On that basis, these are my guesses for ins and outs:

Out: Ward, Greene, Patton, Frost
In: Clifton, Tyson (?), Folau, Hombsch/Bruce

Phillips for Brogan also sounds likely.

Edwards, Darley, Tomlinson, Wilson in line for a recall pending form for UWS.

Wonder if we'll see a debutant?

Interesting tweet; 'big ins'

@GWS_Giants
Not long until team announcement. We've got some big ins. Who do you think will return?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS
In: Darley, Golds, Tomlinson, Edwards, Phillips, Folau
Out: Brogan, Ward, Adams, Patton, Frost, Greene
Emg: Clifton, Hombsch, Wilson

GCS
In: Stanley, May, Horsley, Allen, Taylor, A Hall
Out: Rischitelli, Smith, Russell, Prestia, Day, Hunt

- Tim Golds set to debut, 35th for the year surpassing GC's 34 in 2011.
- The predicted Phillips for Brogan swap is on, likewise Folau for Patton.
- Adams must've failed the test on his back.

Sheedy also confirms (again?) that Brogan is done for the season:

“Izzy coming back into the side is a big plus. His work in the ruck has been very pleasing over the last month and with Dean Brogan stepping away from senior football for the rest of this season it gives him and Andrew Phillips an opportunity to take on this role.

If we run hard and straight at the ball, hit our passes and lead into space when we have it, we can get them.

It's all about limiting turnovers and minimising the damage when they get tired during quarters.

Actually, that team doesn't look too bad. Miles and a couple others have a huge chance here. Just play to win! Not play to learn!

Actually, that team doesn't look too bad. Miles and a couple others have a huge chance here. Just play to win! Not play to learn!
It certainly looks at lot better than I perceived it would after yesterday's 'ah * these injuries' haha

My campaign for Taylor Adams to get the next rising star nom has ended before it began, so CURTLY HAMPTON I am looking at you.

It certainly looks at lot better than I perceived it would after yesterday's 'ah **** these injuries' haha

My campaign for Taylor Adams to get the next rising star nom has ended before it began, so CURTLY HAMPTON I am looking at you.

We have depth. Its time to learn if the depth can play :)

I will be there. Been looking forward to the GC away game all season. Nearly went up last year just to check it out.
This is the one neutral game I've been looking forward to (that I can go to). I'll try to wear something orange ;)

what can you guys tell me about tim golds? already posted on SC board, no response yet. appreciate any assistance. thanks!

what can you guys tell me about tim golds? already posted on SC board, no response yet. appreciate any assistance. thanks!

He's an ex-AIS midfielder. We picked him up as a 17 year old from the Oakleigh Chargers. Broke his leg in late 2010. Basically he's 'GWS talented tallishyoung midflieder #15'. He's played a fair bit for us in the seconds, and done OK - but not well enough to break into the side.

thanks heaps for your reply ian. you guys sure have an impressive list of mids on the rise! thinking of trading golds into my SC team as Def/Mid DPP. how's his job security over the final month? too hard to tell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back