Preview R21: Changes v Carlton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
We are the polar opposite of Hawthorn. They play unsocial footy, we play gentlemans footy. We play timidly and apologetically, like we know we don't really belong at AFL level. We have a handful of players with a killer instinct, the rest are just trying desperately not to be exposed.
We could of drafted Martin. We drafted Trengove and Scully. We could have drafted Darling. We drafted Cook. We have an institutionalised bunch of scared footballers.

Harmes stays in. He has a genuine crack.

Lumumba, Howe, Garland were woeful, but you can't boot them all because that's half of our defence.

The Bail and M Jones deckchairs need to be folded up, but in a trailer, and taken to the tip. Or burnt. Actually, I favor burning.

No ins. Play with 17.

pure demon

Team Captain
Dec 10, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Brayshaw needs to go out, hasnt impacted for 6 weeks now with the ball in hand and even his tackling has dropped away.. Id give him a game in the 2's to find some easy pill again

As for the rest
Out Bail, Jones, Lumumba, Dawes

Garlett, Garland, Vince were poor aswell
Garlett was poor? Try watching the game with your eyes OPEN next time

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
In: Tyson, Salem, Toump, Jamar
Out: Brayshaw, Jetta, Bail, Jones

Jamar deserves a farewell game, let's give him one we can win.

Be good to see Toump play out the rest of the year. Hopefully he can make the most of it. He's been good in patches but becomes a liability as soon as he makes his first mistake.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
In: Tyson, Salem, Toump, Jamar
Out: Brayshaw, Jetta, Bail, Jones

Jamar deserves a farewell game, let's give him one we can win.

Be good to see Toump play out the rest of the year. Hopefully he can make the most of it. He's been good in patches but becomes a liability as soon as he makes his first mistake.
Toumpas copped a hit and didn't return for Casey after a great start so I wouldn't think he'd be coming in.

If Toump passes the concussion test he should come in - we need run and skill, he panics under pressure but at least in space he will hit a target.

IN: Salem, Toump, Riley

OUT: Bail, Jones, Michie

Tyson would be unlikely to come back in after a hammy.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
If Toump passes the concussion test he should come in - we need run and skill, he panics under pressure but at least in space he will hit a target.

Tyson didn't do his hammy though, they said slight strain so I'm guessing they were just being cautious this week with the butt-reaming we've copped from hamstring injuries this year.

Jimnee

Rookie
Jul 8, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

OUT: Bail, Jones, Michie".

I'll grant you Salem, tho he looked very rusty the day I saw him in the VFL, admittedly not yesterday, but no way do Riley or Toump appear more likely to hit a target than Viv. Just watched the relay and can't see how Viv can be dropped. Must have been at least a dozen dees who performed worse.

Alex bullen was good in the first but virtually unsighted after that. Brayshaw has been mediocre for weeks and today was perhaps his worst performance for the year. I think he's very promising and does look like a long-term player. But it's flipping obvious the long season has caught up with him. He should have been rested ages ago. I get why Roos likes him......was quoted as saying he saw him play every tac game last year. As an aside its a shame he didn't show the same enthusiasm in 2014 for getting out to casey to watch some of the guys he is being paid over $1 million to coach.

Our most disappointing players weren't bail and jones, both of whom had some decent involvements (along with some shockers). It was our so called leaders who let us down today.

hellhathnofury

Debutant
Apr 15, 2015
Dubai
AFL Club
Melbourne
Brayshaw has been rubbish for weeks and needs a rest. Harmes might get the ball but turns it over with poor disposal. Went at 50% today.

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

Michie was far from our worst today. In fact, I'd say he was one of our best. He delivered a couple of ripping kicks today and generally tries to take the game on.

Lumumba and Brayshaw (rest) out for a start. Garland and Howe on very thin ice. Hopefully Jetta's neck is OK.

IN: Salem, Fitz, Stretch, Tyson (if fit) or maybe Mitch White if Tyson doesn't come up.
OUT: Lumumba, Dawes, Brayshaw, Bail.

If Lumumba has played a half decent game for us this year, then I can't remember it. Please can we just pay him out and send him on his way, no hard feelings?

Otherwise throw a blanket over about 10 of our so-called leaders and send them down to Casey next week for a wake-up call, while we give a game to some ******* kids who might at least appreciate the opportunity and have a ******* crack

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Its time for a big call at selection. No more 'keep the same group, see how they respond bull****. Drop either Lafumble or Pawes, or both, who the **** cares. If I see either of Matt Jones or Rohan Bail on a Melbourne Guernsey again il ****ing spew up.

What's the go with Mitch Whites rookie status, can he be elevated now? He is already twice the player lafumble is. Salem comes in, Tyson comes in, fitzy should be playing although I guess roosy hates creative types that KICK MOTHER****ING GOALS.

I was about to make a post about who comes in for Lumumba, and then I realized....where does he actually play? Floating unaccountable half back? Ordinary kicking winger? Running centre who gets caught? Loose man in defence ball accumulator who can't get the ball? What is his defined role in the team? I'm being genuinely serious. At the moment it sounds like he's just another Dawes who talks and acts like a professional and leader off the ground, helping add to our 'structure', but then goes and does absolutely sweet fa on the park....

What game were you watching?

Michie was far from our worst today. In fact, I'd say he was one of our best. He delivered a couple of ripping kicks today and generally tries to take the game on.

Lumumba and Brayshaw (rest) out for a start. Garland and Howe on very thin ice. Hopefully Jetta's neck is OK.

IN: Salem, Fitz, Stretch, Tyson (if fit) or maybe Mitch White if Tyson doesn't come up.
OUT: Lumumba, Dawes, Brayshaw, Bail.

Settle down - I gave him votes.

He was slow and poor defensively (again), every Bulldogs transition you would see him 30 metres behind his man - he was solid with the ball but isn't a great fit unless he's playing inside.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I couldn't care less who comes in unless it is an untried player like King or White. That is the only way I will take any interest in the Carlton game. Both sides are putrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back