Preview R21 St Kilda v Geelong - @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations Jason!

I had the opportunity to meet him at the jumper presentation earlier this year and he was more than happy to take pictures and have a chat to all the fans that approached him. He just comes across as a really warm and friendly guy.

I'll be sure to give him an extra cheer when I see him in action on Saturday night.

Congratulations Jason!

I had the opportunity to meet him at the jumper presentation earlier this year and he was more than happy to take pictures and have a chat to all the fans that approached him. He just comes across as a really warm and friendly guy.

I'll be sure to give him an extra cheer when I see him in action on Saturday night.

Yeah, I have met him a few times now and he's a really nice guy. He and Paddy were at that jumper presentation about 45 minutes before everyone else and last to leave, he got around everyone. Very humble for an american, he copped a pretty nasty head knock from my son speckying him kneeling down with the tackle bag and took it in good humour- I would have given the little s**t a bit of a backhander.:)

So Longer to play VFL or be rested?
He's had a pretty successful year, and looks buggered out there. I'd pay him on the back, say "That'll do pig", and rest him up to prepare for a big preseason.

He's had a pretty successful year, and looks buggered out there. I'd pay him on the back, say "That'll do pig", and rest him up to prepare for a big preseason.
good idea .
but i probably wouldnt rest him for the remainder of the yr. Dont think Billy would want that either.
But if Holmes comes in then yes , it makes sense to rest the big fella this week. No point having a run with Sandy.

Please good Lord above, give me;

OUT: Longer (sore), Armitage (inj.), Gilbert (rest)
IN: Holmes, McKenzie, MARKWORTH

....with Minchington to finally play as a pure mid, and Wright to hassle Duckwood all night!

FB: Geary - Goddard - Dempster
HB: Roberton - Fisher - Webster
RK: Holmes - Steven - Minchington
CR: Wright - Ross - Newnes
HF: Weller - Riewoldt - Montagna
FF: Sinclair - Bruce - Hickey
IC: Saunders McKenzie Acres
Sub: Markworth

Please good Lord above, give me;

OUT: Longer (sore), Armitage (inj.), Gilbert (rest)
IN: Holmes, McKenzie, MARKWORTH

....with Minchington to finally play as a pure mid, and Wright to hassle Duckwood all night!

FB: Geary - Goddard - Dempster
HB: Roberton - Fisher - Webster
RK: Holmes - Steven - Minchington
CR: Montagna - Wright - Newnes
HF: Weller - Riewoldt - Ross
FF: Sinclair - Bruce - Hickey
IC: Saunders McKenzie Acres
Sub: Markworth
If Savage and Dunstan are fine I doubt they'll be left out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

really pumped about sat night now... that can't wait feeling. Get to see Jason getting game. and a Sat night as well!

2nd looking forward to... Minch playing in the Middle hope it happens and he tears it up.

Goddard will be rotated through Hawkins at some stage of the night, it's crucial for his development that he gets the exposure against an utter beast like Hawkins.

Geelong set up a thin-column like zone down the wings & try to entice kicks to the corridor where set their pressure players ready for turnovers. We must have Webster, Savage & Newnes playing so we can achieve fast long kicking across ground switches of play to really open up the fat side & get the ball forward quickly & with minimal risk :)
what is the Fat Side! perhaps the Far Side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back