Preview R8: Many changes vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What pisses me off is that he usually follows his Melbourne-bashing with some Norf-fapping.
This week he praises Lindsay Thomas as a revolutionary and a superstar because he ducks his head for free kicks and injures opponents. :confused:

he's the anti Caroline Wilson, can't we find a happy medium?

Agree completely, this is what I meant about how guys will get the shits up about the whole Watts situation.

Played well as the sub against Richmond and we have been murdered since. He puts his head over the thing at least, deserves a decent go.

I don't get it either. He was played on Fyffe against Freo and had Mitchell for the first half last week. Bernie had Mitchell after half time and did no better. Viv gets the ball and uses it better than most. His pass to Brayshaw in the last quarter was brilliant and even the commentators commented on it. Don't think he was our worst last week and can't help thinking Roos just does not like him. Do not understand why you pick a player for one week and then drop him the next. The bloke must feel like a yoyo. I reckon he has talent but his confidence must be getting severely damaged. He went well last year in the last 4 or 5 games and was in the best 5 in two of them. Hope he gets another extended chance, I reckon he is better than JKH and would be an excellent small forward. Takes a very strong mark for a bloke his size and is a great kick.

B

• Colin Garland,
  • Tom McDonald,
  • Jack Grimes
HB

• Jeremy Howe,
  • Lynden Dunn,
  • Heritier Lumumba
C

• Daniel Cross,
  • Aaron Vandenberg,
  • Matt Jones
HF

• Angus Brayshaw,
  • Cameron Pedersen,
  • Jack Watts
F

• Jeff Garlett,
  • Jesse Hogan,
  • Jack Fitzpatrick
FOL

• Jake Spencer,
  • Nathan Jones,
  • Bernie Vince
I/C

• Jimmy Toumpas,
  • Ben Newton,
  • Aidan Riley,
  • Rohan Bail

Hopefully big Fitzy's run in defence gave him a chance to see his footy from a different perspective as a forward.

Also possible is that he mans up on Tom Boyd, and Dunn or Garland go forward.

I think McDonald needs to be on Stringer, but Dunn and Garland are undersized on Boyd.

I don't get it either. He was played on Fyffe against Freo and had Mitchell for the first half last week. Bernie had Mitchell after half time and did no better. Viv gets the ball and uses it better than most. His pass to Brayshaw in the last quarter was brilliant and even the commentators commented on it. Don't think he was our worst last week and can't help thinking Roos just does not like him. Do not understand why you pick a player for one week and then drop him the next. The bloke must feel like a yoyo. I reckon he has talent but his confidence must be getting severely damaged. He went well last year in the last 4 or 5 games and was in the best 5 in two of them. Hope he gets another extended chance, I reckon he is better than JKH and would be an excellent small forward. Takes a very strong mark for a bloke his size and is a great kick.

Well he is in the squad now because Dom has pulled out so he might get another go yet, but who really knows what the hell is going on in that magnificent Roos brain.

When i looked at our bench today it suddenly occurred to me that we could have Spencer, Gawn, Pedo and Fitzpatrick (broken neck and all) all playing this week...

external.jpeg

#thinkoutsidethebox
#mckenzietofullback
#Spencer>Jamar
#brokenneckshealupfineinaweek
#concussionstakefiveweeks

Also…

Why in gods name isn't Jackson McCrae getting a game for the Bulldogs? He must have done something to piss off the coach, surely he is in their best 22, surely.

Trade for now please.

Also…

Why in gods name isn't Jackson McCrae getting a game for the Bulldogs? He must have done something to piss off the coach, surely he is in their best 22, surely.

Trade for now please.
Was lazy in their loss to St Kilda, was dropped to teach him a lesson.

Glad the talk changed from grown men getting erections over CP back to the awfulness of our team, I'm sure the federal watch list will be going BANANAS next year when he plays :cool:

Ok, boys and girls, huddle around uncle Power, its time for a Ripley's believe it or not:

I haven't said this here but..Mark Neeld was my coach at one stage during my football career, and no, i am not James Magner. He employed slightly less stand over type tactics when he coached us by that ******* eye of his was still there, twitching away at half time during awe inspiring speeches, god it pissed me off then, the salvia face soakings had little on twitch as we called it, now anyway, to the real part of my story…. well after drinking enough Wild Turkey to wish i had a stomach pump handy and watching us get absolutely arse stuffed by Essendon on that fateful Saturday night, 'twitch' coming out was all i needed, when that eye went bonkers during the press conference i couldn't help myself, i went to his place (sober friend driving of course, what do you take me for some kind of immature brat who thinks he's above the law?) and in the most mature way i could, i egged his wife's car.

Story over, now let us never speak of this again.
Need double like button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want to know my amazing MN secret PM me, obviously i won't be answering anyone i dont know but those from the board who really really want to know PM, you can't post it here under any circumstances once I've told you though.
Does it involve farming potatoes?

I want to see a one off footy match, AFL players vs Journos. Barrett to captain of course, Hutchy to coach.

Fair to say the journos would be silenced after that match one way or another

Last edited:
Pretty rough for Fitzpatricks chance to come a few days after being admitted to hospital for a neck injury. Sure he might have been cleared but it's not exactly confidence building. Hopefully he can get the third Bulldogs defender and cause some problems for the doggies.

**** I hate that prick. Loves bringing any negativity towards the dogs.

Well we traded Josh Kelly for Dom Tyson and Christian Salem and were called 'Scattergun' traders for the second year running by Captain Hindsight aka Damien Barrett after a realisation came to him the year before during the our crazy Mark Neeld experiment.

It was truly a heroic call never less as he carefully waited for time that to elapse, pondering to himself when his remarkable gift would kick in, the power of HINDSIGHT. Then, while sitting at his desk one quiet Monday morning, several weeks already into the season, he caught a glimpse of the ladder in the HS out of the corner of his eye, 'wait a minute' as he shuffled papers clearing his desk so he could make sure what he was seeing was true '18th'… 'Mel…bourne'….. 'zero wins'……'FIVE!! losses'…..'and ….a percentage of……….(whispers) 40', 'oh my god' he whispered to himself. Right then and there it hit him like a ton of bricks ,he stood up at his desk, adjusted his belt, straightened his glasses, pointed his right index finger to the sky as proclaimed to world 'Melbourne should have kept their draft picks and not traded for Chris Dawes!' he gave a cheeky smile as he realised his Hindsight Powers were as strong as ever, Damien looked around for audience to applaud his amazing realisation but there was none, so he did what any man would do in that situation, he jumped straight on twitter to let the world know Melbourne's mistakes that had come to him through his remarkable power, the power….. of HINDSIGHT!!

Remember when all the the ra ra ra - 'Melbourne traded away a Brownlow Medalist' ra ra ra was going on? Tumble weeds now from Captain H because suddenly it looks like Josh Kelly won't win 10 consecutive Brownlow medals. This is why Damien should stick to his major, hindsight, he clearly needs to give up on this opinion and predicting caper, i wouldn't call it his his strong suit.

Last edited:
**** I hate that prick. Loves bringing any negativity towards the dogs.
The Dees cop a lot of s**t from him as well. I hope we both beat Norf this year.

Well we traded Josh Kelly for Dom Tyson and Christian Salem and were called 'Scattergun' traders for the second year running by Captain Hindsight aka Damien Barrett after a realisation came to him the year before during the our crazy Mark Neeld experiment.

It was truly a heroic call never less as he carefully waited for time that to elapse, pondering to himself when his remarkable gift would kick in, the power of HINDSIGHT. Then, while sitting at his desk one quiet Monday morning, several weeks already into the season, he caught a glimpse of the ladder in the HS out of the corner of his eye, 'wait a minute' as he shuffled papers clearing his desk so he could make sure what he was seeing was true '18th'… 'Mel…bourne'….. 'zero wins'……'FIVE!! losses'…..'and ….a percentage of……….(whispers) 40', 'oh my god' he whispered to himself. Right then and there it hit him like a ton of bricks ,he stood up at his desk, adjusted his belt, straightened his glasses, pointed his right index finger to the sky as proclaimed to world 'Melbourne should have kept their draft picks and not traded for Chris Dawes!' he gave a cheeky smile as he realised his Hindsight Powers were as strong as ever, Damien looked around for audience to applaud his amazing realisation but there was none, so he did what any man would do in that situation, he jumped straight on twitter to let the world know Melbourne's mistakes that had come to him through his remarkable power, the power….. of HINDSIGHT!!

Remember when all the the ra ra ra - 'Melbourne traded away a Brownlow Medalist' ra ra ra was going on? Tumble weeds now from Captain H because suddenly it looks like Josh Kelly won't win 10 consecutive Brownlow medals. This is why Damien should stick to his major, hindsight, he clearly needs to give up on this opinion and predicting caper, i wouldn't call it his his strong suit.

Don't worry about Josh Kelly, he's going to be a gun. Having said that Salem may be just as good and we get Tyson got nothing. Hopefully Dom comes back strong once his knee is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back