Preview R8: Many changes vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also wtf is wrong with Jetta? Something is going on, you don't miss four weeks with 'concussion' when you weren't even knocked out. I'm really starting to worry about his long term future.
I'm not saying this is what is wrong with Jetta, but people can get what is known as post-concussion syndrome. Headaches, occasional dizziness or just a general feeling of not being right in yourself, there isn't any real rhyme or reason for why one player might struggle after a concussion while another might feel perfectly fine a day or 2 after. Severity isn't a factor either, nor do you need to be knocked unconscious, players have got it from minor hits, guys have got it from hits where they were convulsing, having already had another concussion within the last month or 2 is a definite risk factor though as sometimes the brain is still healing whilst outwardly you're perfectly fine.

Scott Stevens from the Crows certainly struggled with something along these lines which led to his retirement, ditto Dean Kemp, Leigh Adams is 3 months out and counting with his latest concussion...

Back in my day, concussion, lol, i remember only being able to see my coach out of one eye at half time once, the other eye was a blurry mess kinda like being absolutely blind drunk: Coach: 'you right to go son?' Me:'yea, of course'..funny, with each concussion i became more aware of what had actually happened, first one i had no idea where i even was, by the fourth or fifth time it was 'oh yea, number 24 sling tackled me, I'm going to get that campaigner after half time'
This actually explains a lot about your posting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it will end up as:

Out: Dawes, Bail, Salem, Michie
In: Hogan, Watts, Newton and then weather depending Gawn or Riley

Which is pretty reasonable.

Spencer didn't really earn a 3rd week but we'll know after 3 weeks for sure if it's back to Jamar or not.

I can absolutely see that one week off being the turning point in Watts' career...

strange they named Fitzpatrick from only 10 min last week

from vfl report
Jack Fitzpatrick: Fitzy played the first 10 minutes of the game and then unfortunately got a knock to the head. Fortunately, it wasn't serious and he should be available this week.

What's the point in selecting Gawn if Pedersen, Hogan, Spencer and Watts are definite ins? Unless Roosy's gone bat s**t crazy then there was no point.

GET RID OF F***ING SPENCER!
What's the constant fascination with the belief we can't play 2 rucks, 2 key forwards and a flanker.

Sydney do it. Freo do it. Hawthorn do it. Geelong do it. North do it.

Spencer rucks 75% of the game. Gawn rucks 25%, plays 55% forward. Hogan and Pedersen play as the tall forwards. One up the ground, one closer to goal. If the rotations are done properly Gawn will play a fair chunk of his forward minutes when Hogan or Pedersen are on the bench.

Watts is a 6'3 half forward flanker. He's got great speed. There's no reason why he shouldn't have great defensive ability as a medium sized forward. Again, when you factor in a lot of time up the ground it shouldn't be an issue that he's playing alongside 3 bigger guys. If he wants to be treated as a key forward then he should take some marks!

Gawn should be in the team if he can mark and chase and provide a different option in the forward line instead of another resting mid like Matt Jones or Toumpas. Having Pedersen, Spencer and Hogan in the side shouldn't limit him.

What's the point in selecting Gawn if Pedersen, Hogan, Spencer and Watts are definite ins? Unless Roosy's gone bat s**t crazy then there was no point.

GET RID OF F***ING SPENCER!
Well durh...im wth ya. Spencer for gawn it has to be....SIMPLY *ing HAS TO BE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back