Preview R8: Many changes vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't said this here but..Mark Neeld was my coach at one stage during my football career.

You are forever tainted.

He gave awe inspiring speeches? Hopefully better than that yawn inducing embarassment that got a run at halftime of the Essendon belting.

You are forever tainted.

He gave awe inspiring speeches? Hopefully better than that yawn inducing embarassment that got a run at halftime of the Essendon belting.

So is his wife's car…zing

Sarcasm mate, they were as dull and boring as you saw on TV, i found it very hard to be inspired by tough talk via one of the men who kept the handbagger name alive and kicking at Geelong during 90's.

We had a very good team, country football, he took over a team that was always going to make him look better than he was, i think we won 10 premierships in 12 years or something stupid like that, he 'coached' us to 3 flags, the reality was that we didn't even need a coach. Still, I'm glad it impressed Garry Lyon and the rest of the selection panel.

So is his wife's car…zing

Sarcasm mate, they were as dull and boring as you saw on TV, i found it very hard to be inspired by tough talk via one of the men who kept the handbagger name alive and kicking at Geelong during 90's.

We had a very good team, country football, he took over a team that was always going to make him look better than he was, i think we won 10 premierships in 12 years or something stupid like that, he 'coached' us to 3 flags, the reality was that we didn't even need a coach. Still, I'm glad it impressed Garry Lyon and the rest of the selection panel.

Good to know. Wasn't sure if it was because of the cameras that his efforts to lift the troops v Essendon were paint-thinning or if he was genuinely that much of a dullard to begin with.

He must interview all right then, or maybe the twitch induces some kind of hynotic trance. Either way, sounds like he mightn't have made it in football anywhere but he definitely was going to fail miserably here.

Ok, boys and girls, huddle around uncle Power, its time for a Ripley's believe it or not:

I haven't said this here but..Mark Neeld was my coach at one stage during my football career, and no, i am not James Magner. He employed slightly less stand over type tactics when he coached us by that ******* eye of his was still there, twitching away at half time during awe inspiring speeches, god it pissed me off then, the salvia face soakings had little on twitch as we called it, now anyway, to the real part of my story…. well after drinking enough Wild Turkey to wish i had a stomach pump handy and watching us get absolutely arse stuffed by Essendon on that fateful Saturday night, 'twitch' coming out was all i needed, when that eye went bonkers during the press conference i couldn't help myself, i went to his place (sober friend driving of course, what do you take me for some kind of immature brat who thinks he's above the law?) and in the most mature way i could, i egged his wife's car.

Story over, now let us never speak of this again.

Ocean Grove?

Good to know. Wasn't sure if it was because of the cameras that his efforts to lift the troops v Essendon were paint-thinning or if he was genuinely that much of a dullard to begin with.

He must interview all right then, or maybe the twitch induces some kind of hynotic trance. Either way, sounds like he mightn't have made it in football anywhere but he definitely was going to fail miserably here.

MM recommendation, remember we wanted him…

Garry in his wisdom went with Mick's choice.

Have you noticed that every assistant coach to come from under MM at Collingwood has been given the arse from their own head coaching job very early on: Neeld, Watters, McKenna.

Micks going pretty well these days himself, i can't believe I'm saying it but Eddie McGuire was right. :eek:

Ocean Grove?

Yep. I never played under McCartney (i was in juniors when he was coaching) but i know he is very well respected at our club, pretty much the dynasty was formed under him. Good bloke as well, if i see him at the pub down my way (he loves a punt and owns a few decent horses) he always remembers my name and comes over for a chat.

Yep. I never played under McCartney (i was in juniors when he was coaching) but i know he is very well respected at our club, pretty much the dynasty was formed under him. Good bloke as well, if i see him at the pub down my way (he loves a punt and owns a few decent horses) he always remembers my name and comes over for a chat.

I won't delve too deep, but I have one question, if you don't mind;

What was Neelds legacy around the place like? Simply, was he as toxic as he seemed to be at the Demons, or did people generally like him?

MM recommendation, remember we wanted him…

Garry in his wisdom went with Mick's choice.

Have you noticed that every assistant coach to come from under MM at Collingwood has been given the arse from their own head coaching job very early on: Neeld, Watters, McKenna.

Micks going pretty well these days himself, i can't believe I'm saying it but Eddie McGuire was right. :eek:

McKenna was stiff. Wasn't old mate who got the punt at Adelaide a disciple as well?

I don't mind Mick. I can respect his longevity in the game, and I think Carlton's list was overrated to begin with and they were a team making up the numbers in finals at best. The wheels were always going to spectacularly fall off when the good players they have started retiring. Think how good they'll be when Judd and Simpson have retired.

I won't delve too deep, but I have one question, if you don't mind;

What was Neelds legacy around the place like? Simply, was he as toxic as he seemed to be at the Demons, or did people generally like him?

He had his boys club, players that were mates with him outside the club, i would say at least half the side didn't think much off him. Was pretty much 'our group' and 'his group' playing as one team. They would have get togethers at his house while the rest of us would amazingly have something on that night, lol more like we would prefer to be over at The Barwon Heads pub seeing what Melbourne tourist talent was around.

We didn't hate him maybe as much as you would imagine, i just dont think he ever got half the sides respect, much like at Melbourne. Myself and half the team were all very similar, knock about blokes who enjoyed a laugh, a beer and annoying the s**t out of each other on any possible occasion , his personality was the polar opposite, always very serious, couldn't make any fun of him. Meh, if you can't relate to the team you coach you had better be damn good at earning their respect, which he of course wasn't.

He had his boys club, players that were mates with him outside the club, i would say at least half the side didn't think much off him. Was pretty much 'our group' and 'his group' playing as one team. They would have get togethers at his house while the rest of us would amazingly have something on that night, lol more like we would prefer to be over at The Barwon Heads pub seeing what Melbourne tourist talent was around.

We didn't hate him maybe as much as you would imagine, i just dont think he ever got half the sides respect, much like at Melbourne. Myself and half the team were all very similar, knock about blokes who enjoyed a laugh, a beer and annoying the s**t out of each other on any possible occasion , his personality was the polar opposite, always very serious, couldn't make any fun of him. Meh, if you can't relate to the team you coach you had better be damn good at earning their respect, which he of course wasn't.

Interesting points, particularly the one about him having his inner circle. I know one of the players who played under him at the Dees said very early that he had his favourites and he made a lot of others feel like outcasts - which is not a healthy atmosphere for an AFL list.

I'm not out to lynch the bloke on a personal level - I'm more curious as to how we came to the conclusion that he was the right man for the job, when he was actually so far from being the right person. Particularly if he'd shown some of the signs in previous roles.

Interesting points, particularly the one about him having his inner circle. I know one of the players who played under him at the Dees said very early that he had his favourites and he made a lot of others feel like outcasts - which is not a healthy atmosphere for an AFL list.

I'm not out to lynch the bloke on a personal level - I'm more curious as to how we came to the conclusion that he was the right man for the job, when he was actually so far from being the right person. Particularly if he'd shown some of the signs in previous roles.

Lets just say the P0w3r file already had a tick next to the name Neeld in it before he had even coached a game for us. I could see that train wreck coming a mile away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKenna was stiff. Wasn't old mate who got the punt at Adelaide a disciple as well?

I don't mind Mick. I can respect his longevity in the game, and I think Carlton's list was overrated to begin with and they were a team making up the numbers in finals at best. The wheels were always going to spectacularly fall off when the good players they have started retiring. Think how good they'll be when Judd and Simpson have retired.

Sanderson? He was at Geelong wasn't he? Maybe at both.

I actually love Mick as well, his grumpy press conferences always give me a laugh:

Frosty came back with a fair whack:

Little does Frosty know that Jack Watts walks to the beat of his own ******* drum is a one hell of a mother ******* trail blazer.

#thuglife

Sanderson? He was at Geelong wasn't he? Maybe at both.

I actually love Mick as well, his grumpy press conferences always give me a laugh:

Eh, I can't remember to be honest.

I think we'd all get grumpy answering the same inane media questions year after year for 30 odd years. Wee Gordy Strachan used to be great at it back in the days when he had a gig in the Premier League. I wish more people would rip into journos asking if the coach is disappointed they lost the game.

Maybe Hawthorn are interested in Watts? Perhaps they have already inquired about him? Perhaps they are considering trading for him at the end of the year hmm, hmm MAYBE maybe…And maybe Roosy is just a wily old fox and pawning not only Hawthorn, but the media and each and everyone of us supporters. You see Jack Watts is just a pawn on Grand Master Paul's chess board, it all will come together in the end, hide Watts away from a potential trade partner, clever, so clever, we can't be scaring off the sucker can we now? Bloods Culture Jedi Mind Tricks were being used to full effect during the week:

Roos: 'Ok, Jack, if you want to be dropped this weekend i guess I'm happy for you to have a run at Casey, so long as it makes you happy'

Watts: 'What?'

Roos: 'You just told me you wanted to be dropped'

Watts: 'No i didnt'

Roos: 'Jack, I'm the coach remember, what i say is final, NOW, you just told me you wanted to be dropped didn't you?'

Watts: 'Yes??

Roos: 'Good well thats sorted then, dont feel bad for deserting your teammates, all i want is for you to be happy you know that dont you?'

Watts: 'Yes but what do you mean by me deserting my teammates?'

Roos: 'Good chat son, now I've gotta run, there's a media conference in 5 and I've got to let everyone know how much of a quitter you are'

Watts: :(

Did anyone ever think of that hey? hey? No, thats what i thought.

external.jpeg

#cunningfox

Last edited:
Frosty came back with a fair whack:

What pisses me off is that he usually follows his Melbourne-bashing with some Norf-fapping.
This week he praises Lindsay Thomas as a revolutionary and a superstar because he ducks his head for free kicks and injures opponents. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back