Preview R8: St Kilda v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Bruce will go to Kennedy and leave Hickey and Membrey to play as the KPFs? Anyway there was talk of sore players so maybe the Simpkin thing isn't just a ruse.
if this happens richo needs to go!

Maybe Bruce will go to Kennedy and leave Hickey and Membrey to play as the KPFs? Anyway there was talk of sore players so maybe the Simpkin thing isn't just a ruse.
That would just be plain stupid.

No way we take Bruce out of the forward line where he is currently in career best form and kicking bags.

Fisher - Kennedy
Dempster - LeCras
Shenton - Hill

Let Acres/Webster match up on McInnes and try to hurt them with rebound from defence. Bring the ball to ground and just run away from them.

With our tall forwards we can get an advantage with clean movement from half back.

Weller should tag Shuey. Priddis gets votes but im not sure Weller can stop him on the inside. Would rather tag Shuey and take him out of the game.

Billy needs to jump early and take away Nic Nat's leap. Use awkward angles and throw out his timing. Get ontop there and we are half way home.

Dont think Kennedy will kick a massive bag, his elbow is still bothering him.
And its affecting his kicking accuracy.
However many entries you have is how many shots at goal Kennedy will have. His kicking is going to need to be comically bad for him to not kick a bag.

He also mentioned that Riewoldt had passed all the concussion tests and was ready to play but they still decided to give him another week.

I know it's fairly standard to rest players from the next game after a concussion but if they pass all the tests and are feeling OK then I don't see why they shouldn't be selected, another week off isn't going to make much difference.

If we were a genuine finals chance he probably would've played but in the position we're in I guess they don't see the point in taking any unnecessary risks.

i got a concussion playing, was out for quite a while, they got me off the ground on stretcher before i came too, despite feeling fine, and working all week, i couldn't run without feeling dizzy, or do the brain math to complete training for a week and a half.

Fisher - Kennedy
Dempster - LeCras
Shenton - Hill

Let Acres/Webster match up on McInnes and try to hurt them with rebound from defence. Bring the ball to ground and just run away from them.

With our tall forwards we can get an advantage with clean movement from half back.

Weller should tag Shuey. Priddis gets votes but im not sure Weller can stop him on the inside. Would rather tag Shuey and take him out of the game.

Billy needs to jump early and take away Nic Nat's leap. Use awkward angles and throw out his timing. Get ontop there and we are half way home.
Yep Armo to get head to head with Priddis. Should be a great battle between the two.

Fisher - Kennedy
Dempster - LeCras
Shenton - Hill

I suspect you may be forgetting something unless its a "good old days" round where the rucks must rotate off the bench.

NicNat 201 cm / Sinclair 200cm

Wasn't the Clarko/Dawson thing superseded by the Watters/Jackson Ferguson game against North? Poor kid was absolutely slaughtered :(

That was a hard game to watch - I was told he said he felt he deserved the game at the time, but in hindsight didn't quite think he was prepared for it. He probably wasn't AFL quality anyway. And that was just on Aaron Black...

If Weller isn't tagging Priddis, I'm going to go berserk. The bloke had 3 votes & 2 votes (Brownlow) in our 2 games against them last year, on top of 3 votes in the game in 2013...

Seriously, man this bloke up AR, he kills us! :mad:

Absolutely; Weller to Priddis, and get someone close on Yeo too. Make Masten beat us, even the Eagles fans don't really rate him.

They'll send Shuey forward a fair bit I reckon.

I am worried about Longer - think he'll give away a fairly high number of frees this week (not sure if they record this stat but I wouldn't be surprised if he gives away most frees of any ruck).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely; Weller to Priddis, and get someone close on Yeo too. Make Masten beat us, even the Eagles fans don't really rate him.
YES YES YES YES!!

prid always destroys us in the middle

I suspect you may be forgetting something unless its a "good old days" round where the rucks must rotate off the bench.

NicNat 201 cm / Sinclair 200cm
I'd love Nic Nat to play forward. He's about as useful as Macca down there and that would allow Longer to dominate the ruck.

That would just be plain stupid.

No way we take Bruce out of the forward line where he is currently in career best form and kicking bags.

I think you are right, I was being facetious I think it would be crazy but I can't see a logical player for him unless we drop someone out and bring in Simpkin. It looks an unbalanced backline. If Fisher goes on to Kennedy they have that other tall forward who I have forgotten his name Mc something. They have La cras, Hill, Mastens and Cripps who can all score heavily if left un watched. We are one tall down in the backline so I hope we bring Simpkin in and let him out muscle Kennedy. He is very aggressive and will put a hard tag on him all day at least. He won't completely stop him but would at least make him earn them. Bruce is the only swingman in the current line up and it is obviously robbing peter.... I think Bruce must have scored about 75% of our total scores this year just about.

Its going to be a shoot out.

bruce 6
Hickey 3
Joey 2
Billings 2
Membry 1
Armo 1
Dunstan 1

Vs

kennedy 6
La cras 3
Hil 2
Cripps 2
Sinclair 1
nic nat 1

Saints win by 1 goal

Its going to be a shoot out.

bruce 6
Hickey 3
Joey 2
Billings 2
Membry 1
Armo 1
Dunstan 1

Vs

kennedy 6
La cras 3
Hil 2
Cripps 2
Sinclair 1
nic nat 1

Saints win by 1 goal
What about our Sinclair? Second highest scorer for us this year, and all that.

Still don't understand Richos structure this game. If we're trying to make WCE seem to tall we're going the wrong way about it imo, it's a dry deck and their skill level as a team is a class above ours atm I can't see us outgunning them with the mosquito fleet

Kennedy is more a leading Full Forward than a goal square wrestler. Maybe Delany wasn't the right match up anyway still I am not sure who is. Dempster and Fisher both like the freedom to back their judgement and be third man up in a contest, setting them the stopper role on Kennedy is not playing to their strengths. I imagine Fisher will pick up the Forward Ruck Nic Nat or Sinclair and try and run off them probably leaves an undersized Dempster to play on Kennedy. Geary would have got Le Cras but now it will have to be Roberton or Webster. If the Eagles continue to dominate the midfield like they have so far this season it could get ugly. Still they have surprised me more than once this season so fingers crossed.

Kennedy is more a leading Full Forward than a goal square wrestler. Maybe Delany wasn't the right match up anyway still I am not sure who is. Dempster and Fisher both like the freedom to back their judgement and be third man up in a contest, setting them the stopper role on Kennedy is not playing to their strengths. I imagine Fisher will pick up the Forward Ruck Nic Nat or Sinclair and try and run off them probably leaves an undersized Dempster to play on Kennedy. Geary would have got Le Cras but now it will have to be Roberton or Webster. If the Eagles continue to dominate the midfield like they have so far this season it could get ugly. Still they have surprised me more than once this season so fingers crossed.

I still think it must be Simpkin comes in for someone. Not sure who though. He is good at tagging as a defender and probably would go alright on Kennedy who doesn't have the huge leap that troubled Simpkin when he did play as an undersized KP. If he can get a punch on the ball he is pretty good. If Kennedy has a dodgy arm Simpkin might be the right man- he has a Steven Baker temperament. won't deliberately hurt him but he won't hold back either.

Is he really second in our goal kicking?

That's a great effort
Equal second on 7 along with Billings. Bruce has 23. It shows how ridiculously dependent on Bruce we are. We stop relying on Rooey then rely on Bruce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back