rabbitoh21

Premiership Player
May 7, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Too many
Hey guys, I've been into the Gaelic games for a while, and thought I'd have a go at a crossover portfolio. This would be my idea if GAA counties started playing Australian football. Feedback welcome and appreciated.

Contents:
Page 1: Mayo (C), Dublin (L), Cork (M), Clare (M), Kilkenny (L), Offaly (L), Carlow (L)

Last edited:
First up, the county I support, MAYO! From Connacht province, they are the reigning Connacht Senior Football Champions (won last weekend), and are All-Ireland Senior Football Championship runners-up from last season, losing a close final at Croke Park to champions Dublin.

Inspired by their older, more traditional kit, with a modern twist near the shoulders. Also features a Port inspired number panel, and the Gaelic name of the county (Maigh Eo) on the back, as well as the county's motto "Criost Linn" (Christ with us) watermarked on the stomach.

I'm doing this portfolio in no particular order, will probably do the Dubs next.

Last edited:

Inspired by their older, more traditional kit, with a modern twist near the shoulders. Also features a Port inspired number panel, and the Gaelic name of the county (Maigh Eo) on the back, as well as the county's motto "Criost Linn" (Christ with us) watermarked on the stomach.

I'm doing this portfolio in no particular order, will probably do the Dubs next.
As some of us don't know the names of the teams, can you put the English name above the design? Looking forward to these :)
Interesting colour combination..

Next up, reigning All-Ireland Senior Football Champions, DUBLIN! From Leinster province, they are competing for the Leinster SFC tomorrow against Meath. They were unlucky in the hurling, as they lost the Leinster SHC final to Kilkenny, one of the strongest Hurling counties in Ireland.

Inspired by their current uniforms, this adds a contemporary broken gradient, and features the county's Gaelic name (Áth Cliath) on the back. Apart from that, like the current Dubs uniforms, this is as clean and classy as it gets, which suits the class of the county's team on the pitch.

Next up, 2013 All-Ireland SHC runners-up, from Munster, the rebel county CORK!

I couldn't decide between these two kits. The county currently wear all red shirts, with a small design feature which is decided by the O'Neills template they use per season. To play off the "rebel" county idea, I used prison bars on the first design. For both kits, the blue and white striping comes from the old Confederate States of America battle flag, which is commonly seen at Cork games, another play off the rebel county ideals. The second kit is more orthodox, with a simple fimbriated torso band. The three stars symbolise the 37 All-Ireland titles of the county (30 Hurling, 7 Football - one star per ten titles).

EDIT: Red and white versions of the above...

Last edited:
Next up, 2013 All-Ireland SHC runners-up, the rebel county CORK!

I couldn't decide between these two kits. The county currently wear all red shirts, with a small design feature which is decided by the O'Neills template they use per season. To play off the "rebel" county idea, I used prison bars on the first design. For both kits, the blue and white striping comes from the old Confederate States of America battle flag, which is commonly seen at Cork games, another play off the rebel county ideals. The second kit is more orthodox, with a simple fimbriated torso band. The three stars symbolise the 37 All-Ireland titles of the county (30 Hurling, 7 Football - one star per ten titles).

Like it! This should be an interesting thread

Next, the reigning All-Ireland SHC champions, after winning the replay, the Banner County also from Munster, CLARE!

A simple guernsey, based off of the Western Bulldogs. Not much going on here, but another classy kit for a classy county. If anyone is curious about what any of the counties normally wear in the GAA, a quick Google image search for "(county) GAA" will bring up heaps of results.

Next up is a strong hurling county from Leinster province, the Cats of KILKENNY!

Another simple guernsey, with shades of Collingwood and Hawthorn, a clean black and yellow affair with the Gaelic name of the county proudly emblazoned across the shoulders. The county GAA's crest is featured and positioned to match the striping of the kit.

Not a fan of the cork design, cork design is a simple red Jersey with white shorts, there's no navy in our colours, the purple in the sponsors name is the sponsors colour and is not liked by cork fans as its not traditional and makes our jersey look cheap!

Interesting thread all the same!

Not a fan of the cork design, cork design is a simple red Jersey with white shorts, there's no navy in our colours, the purple in the sponsors name is the sponsors colour and is not liked by cork fans as its not traditional and makes our jersey look cheap!

Interesting thread all the same!
The blue was added to match the Rebel motto and Confederate flag flown at the game, and is also a throwback to the colour of the original Cork shirts. I may add in a full red design too. But while I'm typing here...

And now, the Faithful County, a dual county from Leinster, OFFALY!

A new design for the county, maintaining the tricolour of the Republic flag but this time rotated into the common Australian Football tripanel worn by teams like St. Kilda and West Coast. The cuffs and collar match the nearest colour, and again the Gaelic name of the county is shown on the shoulders.

Red and white version looks much better, Fair play to you!

Im curious to see what your going to do with the Carlow jersey!
Yeah good call mate, that was the next one. I'm a bit torn on it to be honest. A part of me wanted to keep it like their current shirt, but I wanted to try and twist it with an Aussie rules design.

OR to bring more yellow into the kit and keep the back more balanced/traditional:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Leinster province, County Kildare are known as the Lillywhites. See if you can guess why:

This kit is completely white except for the sponsorship and Gaelic name. The design on the front would not actually be printed, rather it would be embossed and be completely white. This design is from their crest, visible on the breast and the shorts.

The historic hurling county from Munster, TIPPERARY!

This kit is a new design in the traditional Tipp colours of blue and gold. While like many other counties, the Tipps wore a band across the stomach, this sash design reflects the new whooshing band shape on their O'Neills kits of today, and brings the Premier County into the world of Australian Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back