Certified Legendary Thread Race for the flag, in squiggly lines

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that GWS's performance yesterday raises their chances against Collingwood in round 22 just enough to bump the Pies' total wins down to 12.49 - rounding down to 12 instead of up to 13. And that's enough to miss the finals.

Amazing how dynamic everything is.

Back up to 13 now and 8th place. Probably due to Port's underwhelming performance.

Is Geelong almost perfectly hiding behind North Melbourne?! And they play eachother next match!

And you know how North goes? Heads one week, tails the next. They lost against Carlton this week right? Look out Geelong then.

And you know how North goes? Heads one week, tails the next. They lost against Carlton this week right? Look out Geelong then.
And the Cats haven't lost in Victoria this year. So one of those trends is about to be broken.

love the squiggle...love it

Love looking at that.
It'll depends what happens next week. Not 100% sure on this but wouldn't Sydney be favourites in the math if it was at a neutral ground? But still, rather a Hawks Swans GF than Swans Freo. Some scoring will get done haha

Squiggle really emphasises how damaging Freo's loss this week could turn out to be. Gone from 2nd and a GF to 3rd and not really close. With the Swans dominating atm, it would probably be better to finish 4th and play them in the QF rather than risk playing them in a PF. Freo seem to do noticably better against Hawthorn at the MCG than Sydney at the SCG.

Also assuming Geelong carries on with beating Hawthorn in H&A matches it would very likely predict that the Cats would have the exact same finals match-ups and outcomes as least season (assuming it thinks Freo would win the QF).

Out of interest: what does the squiggle say about a Sydney vs. Geelong grand final? As well as a Geelong vs. Freo match at the MCG?

North won 2 in a row before last week, so they're due for another loss :D

It'll depends what happens next week. Not 100% sure on this but wouldn't Sydney be favourites in the match if it was at a neutral ground? But still, rather a Hawks Swans GF than Swans Freo. Some scoring will get done haha

Sydney are already the favorites for this game.

Sydney 1.72
Hawthorn 2.15

courtesy of Sportsbet.com

Sydney are already the favorites for this game.

Sydney 1.72
Hawthorn 2.15

courtesy of Sportsbet.com
Was thinking of the Squiggle but did not know that. Thank you.

Squiggle really emphasises how damaging Freo's loss this week could turn out to be. Gone from 2nd and a GF to 3rd and not really close. With the Swans dominating atm, it would probably be better to finish 4th and play them in the QF rather than risk playing them in a PF. Freo seem to do noticably better against Hawthorn at the MCG than Sydney at the SCG.
Swans finals are at the ANZ sadly. We are shocking there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought you'd finally got around to moving them back to the SCG for some reason? You guys seriously need to get onto that :eek:
Contract ends this year or next I believe. We really, really do. No team should ever play on ANZ ever again

Did you mean to type that the other way around?

We haven't beaten Hawthorn since 2010, yet in that time we're 2 wins, 2 losses and a draw against Sydney at the SCG.

I meant in the squiggle predictor. You lose 88-74 vs. Hawthorn and 76-57 vs. Sydney, obviously suggesting you have a better chance against the Hawks.

I meant in the squiggle predictor. You lose 88-74 vs. Hawthorn and 76-57 vs. Sydney, obviously suggesting you have a better chance against the Hawks.
I think that has to do with how Sydney and Hawks play tbh. Hawks score more and faster but are easier to be scored against. We don't score as much but you don't score either

I think that has to do with how Sydney and Hawks play tbh. Hawks score more and faster but are easier to be scored against. We don't score as much but you don't score either

Oh absolutely, but it's still suggesting Freo have a better shot against Hawthorn than they do against Sydney.

Oh absolutely, but it's still suggesting Freo have a better shot against Hawthorn than they do against Sydney.
Probably only due to that fact. The home ground advantage is a constant in the formula therefore the same bonus for Sydney and Hawthorn leaving the offense vs defense to determine the rest. Removing the home ground advantage will still provide Freo having a better game against Hawks than Sydney. If how I think the math works is correct.

"Our knowledge of player development and recovery is such that "loading" is no longer a viable method of priming players for finals. Instead every player would be on an individual program, with planned peaks at various times over the year".

<Looks at performance of finals-bound clubs accross the board>

I suggest that all the top clubs are still "loading" their fitness regimes.

I thought you'd finally got around to moving them back to the SCG for some reason? You guys seriously need to get onto that :eek:

The AFL decides where finals are played, not the clubs. So even if our contract to play regular season games there is terminated (which doesn't look like happening thanks to the SCG Trust being morons), the AFL is probably going to keep making us play finals there as it would be more of a financial benefit to them.

Hey Final Siren - this is a strange request but if it's not too time consuming, could you possibly post the current chart but with the offence and defence flipped to opposite axis?

As in defence on the X and offence on the y and all the squiggles, teams and trophies move proportionately?

I work in marketing and am keen to see what effect it will have presenting the same data even just that slight bit differently. If it's too much trouble obviously don't worry!

Love this thread and the squiggle - I check it every week!

ANZ contract is end of 2016.

Surely with SCG redevelopment and the appalling state of the ANZ pitch they won't resign.

BUT there is hope! This year there are many Sydney based NRL teams finals bound so there is a good chance that ANZ will not be available come the finals. Fingers crossed all - ANZ makes the game always look like its wet with that terrible surface. It's simply not at a professional standard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back