Media Race for the Qooty premiership, in squiggly lines

Remove this Banner Ad

Round five squiggle
upload_2015-9-2_22-39-54.png
  • The 'Rillas are the best team in the competition. Well yeah, the ladder tells you that, doesn't it? Yeah it does. But I was onto it first. I mean, look at the way they've curled their way into premiership territory. With the guy who created Qooty lodged at centre half back it's no wonder they're the best defensive team in the competition but they're becoming more potent. I would say I'd steal Freakie's premiership badge, but on the other hand it would be very Roys to curl all the way around the squiggle and finish outside the eight.
  • The team they belted, the Hawks, go spiralling down the order. #neauxhawks
  • The Swamprats definitely look like consolidating themselves as a better side after their victory over their away victory over the Dragons, almost doing enough to become a higher rated team in the process.
  • The Dragons are hanging on to their high standing but have become noticeably more inconsistent this season, changing on average 4.35 offence/defence points per week, the most in the league. A 2-3 record with a percentage of 110% says the same, but you need only look at their squiggle this season to show they're only a great side in fits and spurts.
  • The Demons lost points despite beating the Warriors and sit fourth, ever so fractionally behind the Dragons and Rats, hence the late, considerably more apathetic update. The magic of the squiggle... yeah get ****ed squiggle
  • Otherwise, with few overly dramatic movements, the tips were pretty solid this week, especially if you neglect the fact I forgot to post the tips.
upload_2015-9-2_22-44-41.png

Round six squiggle
upload_2015-9-9_18-35-21.png
  • I was joking about the Gorillas circling back to mediocrity. They lost points this week thanks to the Warriors, who pegged back some ground and stayed in touch with the better sides in the league, scoring 17.8 (110), their second highest score this season and the highest the Roys have conceded.
  • The Bears were the biggest improvers this week. They were only expected to score 86 points against the Swamprats, so to overwhelm the fast-starting Rats and score 20.9 (129) is a reasonable effort.
  • The Furies jump to second by beating the Demons by nine points, though their rise from fifth to second is more reflective of the closeness of the top of the table than a majestic performance.
upload_2015-9-9_18-55-7.png

Don't make the icons smaller dammit just change the scale of the graph. It's all too compacted into one area in the middle and lines are overlapping too much.

Sorry if you were under the impression that I don't care Eth but I do!!

Round seven squiggle
(Now clearer? I think)
upload_2015-9-16_17-41-34.png
Is the squiggle broken?

• Considering the Demons are now ranked first, yes, it probably is. The Demons put 18.17 (125) past the defensively sound Gorillas - I told you not to go full circle, you muppets - to land in unique territory, and become the most imposing team in the league.
  • Also improving were the Bears, who smacked the ever-disappointing Wolves with 28 goals. It didn't help either team defensively but means the Bears, with 310 points for and 239 points against in their past two games, don't mind a shootout.
  • The Wonders also jumped with an impressive game against the Dragons. The Dragons were expected to concede just 86 points against West Coast and win with enough ease, but once again it's a result that sends the Dragons in the wrong direction.
upload_2015-9-16_17-52-22.png

Round seven squiggle
(Now clearer? I think)
View attachment 174345

• Considering the Demons are now ranked first, yes, it probably is. The Demons put 18.17 (125) past the defensively sound Gorillas - I told you not to go full circle, you muppets - to land in unique territory, and become the most imposing team in the league.
  • Also improving were the Bears, who smacked the ever-disappointing Wolves with 28 goals. It didn't help either team defensively but means the Bears, with 310 points for and 239 points against in their past two games, don't mind a shootout.
  • The Wonders also jumped with an impressive game against the Dragons. The Dragons were expected to concede just 86 points against West Coast and win with enough ease, but once again it's a result that sends the Dragons in the wrong direction.
Can we thank Rhodesy_Blues for this?

Round seven squiggle
(Now clearer? I think)
View attachment 174345

No mention of the swamp

Wtf is going on squiggle

I'm banging Miss Jane!

Round eight squiggle
(Yes, I'm catching up. Shush)

upload_2015-10-2_13-16-11.png
  • The Demons move into nearly unchartered territory improving yet again offensively but perhaps it comes with a sacrifice. Conceding 19.8 (122) to the Royals - who are just quietly going about their business at the moment - means the Dees lose points overall.
  • Nearly catching them - and I mean nearly - was the Furies with an important win over the Gorillas in a low-scoring encounter, not unpredictable given the strength of both sides down back. Both sides are now well poised venturing into the second half of the season, especially the Roys, who seem to be spiralling around one spot.
  • The Wolves did well to beat the Hawks by 17 points, ensuring a much-needed points gain. It wasn't enough to overtake East Side into 11th spot but it's a step in the right direction.
upload_2015-10-2_13-23-8.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round nine squiggle
(Not looking forward to round nine as much)​

upload_2015-10-2_13-27-52.png
  • The Demons are well within their rights to hide behind the Bears in the top left after their shellacking at the hands of the Swamprats. An 84-point loss sends them in the wrong direction for the second week in a row and gives them a lot of ground to make up, plummeting to seventh in the rankings.
  • On the other hand, those goat-loving arseholes rise to first, and pretty clearly. 22.14 (146) isn't a bad effort in any circumstances but holding Mount Buller to 9.8 (62) is a tremendous effort.
  • The Furies drop a little closer to the pack after dropping a game they shouldn't have to the Dragons, who again do enough to push themselves back into okay territory.
  • Las Vegas drop from sixth to 10th and Baghdad rise from 10th to sixth, but more a victim of circumstance given the teams between them are close. The Bandits must be commended though as they've continually improved to get to that point after starting as the lowest-ranked side.
  • The Wolves and Warriors played a defensive cluster*, which was enough to push Geelong off the bottom of the rankings. Sorry, East Side.
upload_2015-10-2_13-34-25.png
And, for added perspective as the squiggle's a little messy, here's each team from the start of the season to now:

upload_2015-10-2_13-38-17.png

Play nice ;)

One of two teams to move up and right so far this season. Great work Swamprats!
Bandits have moved more parallel right than up.

Also, I find it funny how the two teams the Hawks have beaten this season are both currently in the top 4.

Bandits have moved more parallel right than up.
But still slightly up so it does count.

Wolves and Hawks the only two teams to go fully backwards. Each other team has at least got a bit more offensive or defensive.

Round 10 squiggle
(Really sad)

upload_2015-10-8_14-53-43.png
  • The Swamprats consolidate their position on top of the rankings further with an excellent game against the Gorillas. Holding them to 8.6 (54) means they're now clearly the best defensive side in the Sweet FA.
  • The Bears jump a whopping five spots after their victory over the Dragons, but as mentioned last week, the teams around mid-table are all bunched together pretty tight.
  • No comment on the Demons.
upload_2015-10-8_14-57-2.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back