Racism Discussion - what is race? what is racism?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your turn to answer questions.

Or do you not want to answer my questions, because I'm aussie, and you're racist towards aussies?

My question has not been answered

And I am not racist towards Australians. You are trying to twist my question around to suit your needs in an effort to appear witty.

My question has not been answered

And I am not racist towards Australians. You are trying to twist my question around to suit your needs in an effort to appear witty.
I don't know what you are talking about.
I find your remark highly offensive and have reported you.

Ok. What is an Australian?
Born here? Recent citizen? Family has lived here for generations? Married an Australian?

Someone who identifies as being Australian and is generally accepted as one.

Could be first gen... married in to.. Indigenous. Family been here 200 years etc

Someone who identifies as being Australian and is generally accepted as one.

Could be first gen... married in to.. Indigenous. Family been here 200 years etc
Well, you can be racist towards existing socially constructed races that exist within Australia. So yes, you can be racist to Australians.

Now, what's your point?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact is that humans are social creatures that rely more on co-operation to survive than individual prowess. As anyone even slightly familiar with biology will know, homo sapiens were the least equipped in the animal kingdom to survive alone by the equipment nature furnished them with. No talons, sharp teeth, lightning speed or strength. The capacity to survive was 1st, 2nd and 3rd a matter of working cooperatively together as a group to outwit stronger rivals. That is the deep biological imperative of the human condition - we are zoon politikon - social animals.

This is not really true. Humans have 2 very impressive natural talents in opposable thumbs and endurance running.

A human can run further in a day than a horse or a cheetah. Very few animals in the animal kingdom can match humans for long distance endurance. This was a huge advantage in stalking prey, we could literally outlast them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_running_hypothesis

This is not really true. Humans have 2 very impressive natural talents in opposable thumbs and endurance running.

A human can run further in a day than a horse or a cheetah. Very few animals in the animal kingdom can match humans for long distance endurance. This was a huge advantage in stalking prey, we could literally outlast them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_running_hypothesis
cliff young
gumboots

Don't like my chances of running further than a horse in a second,minute,hour,day,week.....even utilising my opposable thumbs(I think that's what's done with opposables).;)

Don't like my chances of running further than a horse in a second,minute,hour,day,week.....even utilising my opposable thumbs(I think that's what's done with opposables).;)

To be fair, if you grew up 50,000 years before Nintendo was invented you would probably be fitter.

cliff young
gumboots
A truly great Australian.

Vale.
Really was an impressive man!
Vale! He died too Young!

Sounds boastful.
I can outrun a cheetah! Outlast a horse! Arm wrestle a gorilla!

Stupid minimum wage, making us drive cars and ride horses! We could just pay someone $1/hour to carry us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back