Radiohead tour

treefingers

Cancelled
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well that was ******* awesome.

Highlights were You and Whose Army, How to Dissapear Completely, Weird Fishes, Exit Music

Could go on...

They also played Planet Telex which was a surprise

treefingers

Cancelled
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think Exit Music just became my favourite Radiohead song. Absolutely amazing when the drums kick in live

Anyway here's the setlist:

01. Lotus Flower
02. Bloom
03. There There
04. The Daily Mail
05. Myxomatosis
06. The Gloaming
07. Separator
08. Kid A
09. How To Disappear Completely
10. Nude
11. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
12. Ful Stop
13. You And Whose Army?
14. Paranoid Android
15. Feral
16. Bodysnatchers
Encore:
17. Exit Music (For A Film)
18. These Are My Twisted Words
19. Pyramid Song
20. Planet Telex
21. Idioteque
Encore2:
22. Give Up The Ghost
23. Reckoner
24. Everything In Its Right Place (Intro: True Love Waits)

I was hoping for one of Climbing up the Walls/Lucky but ah well, there's too many songs I want them to play

Jimi

Draftee
Melbourne Demons - Dominic Barry 2013 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe 2013 Player Sponsor
Oct 10, 2004
While i think I prefer the Friday night setlist, I wouldve loved to have seen Exit Music live.
it's funny... there are so many radiohead tracks that im disappointed they didnt play (friday night), but all the songs the did play for 2+ hours I really appreciated. If I couldve chosen my preferred setlist for the night it would have looked so much different, but I came away from the show missing nothing. (except i would give my left nut to see fake plastic trees live - my all time favourite song).

. A nobody who thinks he understands how bands think by watching youtube interviews. You are the worst kind of fan.

Well my understanding is from this, as well as the bands recollection of the era. Anyone who hasn't seen this, watch it... you might just understand why they wrote Kid A and why you didn't hear Karma Police or Creep.

Thank you.

Worst. Kind. Of. Fan

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
I think Exit Music just became my favourite Radiohead song. Absolutely amazing when the drums kick in live

Anyway here's the setlist:

01. Lotus Flower
02. Bloom
03. There There
04. The Daily Mail
05. Myxomatosis
06. The Gloaming
07. Separator
08. Kid A
09. How To Disappear Completely
10. Nude
11. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
12. Ful Stop
13. You And Whose Army?
14. Paranoid Android
15. Feral
16. Bodysnatchers
Encore:
17. Exit Music (For A Film)
18. These Are My Twisted Words
19. Pyramid Song
20. Planet Telex
21. Idioteque
Encore2:
22. Give Up The Ghost
23. Reckoner
24. Everything In Its Right Place (Intro: True Love Waits)

I was hoping for one of Climbing up the Walls/Lucky but ah well, there's too many songs I want them to play

Noooooo!

How to Disappear Completely-Nude-Weird Fishes/Arpeggi sounds absolutely awesome. Jealous! :D

NarniMagic

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea
I feel so empty now... Please come back soon Radiohead!
By the way, so so jealous of last night's set list. Best one of the tour in my opinion. Don't want to be greedy but i'm kind of shattered I couldn't go to both!

lemon chicken

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2008
Mordialloc
AFL Club
Essendon
I remember watching that meeting people is easy doco around 02-03.. the peak of my fandom for the band
It was such a dissapointing boring doco..

Its got nothing on the old Public Enemy VHS doco's, Ive still got 2 of them, pity I dont have a VHS player. Havent watched Meeting People for a long time either but I thought it was ok although the content wasnt surprising given the way Thom's mood was on stage around that time.

Mar 21, 2006
Near Kardinia Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Here are some convoluted thoughts and ramblings of a long time Radiohead fanboi who attended the second Melbourne concert…

Firstly, what an amazing experience. Great art is supposed to inspire you and after the concert I wanted to get home and strum my guitar which is something I haven’t done in a long while.

The whole thing went quickly which I guess is a good thing (if you know what I mean). There are always songs you’d like to hear but given the band's huge catalogue you’re not going to get to hear it all – it was just great to hear some great live music.

Standout tunes for me were Nude, Weird Fishes, and These Are My Twisted Words.

Compared to when I saw them in ’98 I noticed their live arrangements seemed to be more produced, due I guess to the increased electronic element of their sound since Kid A. For example, Planet Telex sounded more padded.

Songs that sounded better live than recorded – Give Up the Ghost, Idioteque, Everything In Its Right Place. Give Up The Ghost in particular sounded amazing live. Thought it was an average song on record but live it was so simple and worked so well with the voice effect.

Love the recorded version of Bloom but live arrangement was great also. Great musicianship not only individually but also collectively. The rhythm section not only in this song but throughout the whole concert was amazing.

Favorite songs and such unbelievable recorded compositions such as Pyramid Song, How to Disappear Completely and Reckoner seem tough to pull off but I’m grateful I got to see them live.

Was Jonny too low in the mix for his solos in Paranoid Android and There There??

Anyways, thank you Radiohead.

Apr 3, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Went Sat night, flabbergasted. How to Disappear is one of my all time fav songs, so happy we got it.

Would have loved Karma Police or Street Spirit, but wouldn't trade Exit Music, How to Disappear, Pyramid Song or You and Whose Army (though Thom messed up the lyrics pretty badly heh) for them.

Give Up the Ghost was just chilling, so many moments had the entire audience just completely silent and awestruck, then our whole area grooving for Idioteque and EEIIRP.

Love True Love Waits, but we were jumping up and down waiting for the opening notes of EIIRP to kick in :)

bombermick

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2009
Vermont South
AFL Club
Essendon
Very good on Friday, but really wanted to hear fake plastic trees. Still think they should pull out creep every now and then too. There There was the highlight.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Give up the Ghost was close to the worst track recorded on The King of Limbs, but has always been great live. You could almost say the same for Videotape, I honestly thought that was going to be the big hit off In Rainbows prior to release.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
When Thom debuted GUTG (such a harsh acronym for such a soft song!), it was really personal and emotional. It just seemed so bare and exposed. I don't know what it is about the TKOL version, but it's just boring.

I guess such a negative translation from live to record has some benefit: It makes you realise that they haven't released so many songs for good reason. Contrastingly, Mouse Dog Bird becoming Separator was insane. I didn't even recognise it. The live version was boring and flat and the LP rendition is anything but. In fact, it's probably my favourite song from TKOL.

Also, roobs, who is that woman in your avatar? Is it a Gillian Gilbert/Kate Bush hybrid?!

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
I like looking at a new Radiohead album tracklist and seeing previously unknown song titles. I would faint if I saw 'Big Boots' lol.

You have your simple name changes like Open Pick becoming Jigsaw Falling into Place, and then completely new, untoured tracks like a Faust Arp or a Codex. I remember when I opened my TKOL file, I saw track names like Codex, Separator, FERAL, and was like wtf!.

I agree, GUTG on record is a boring composition (as is Videotape to a lesser extent). Separator really rescues the record after the funky flow up until Lotus Flower is just halted in it's tracks by Codex and then GUTG. Those 2 songs back-to-back do not work.

Oh, and she is my favourite actress, Shirley MacLaine.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I doubt they'll release another album for two and a half years. Atoms for Peace is likely for Splendour, so they're saying. Does that take your fancy?

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Radiohead probably have 1 more album in them I think.

Would like a follow up to The Eraser (I guess Atoms for Peace isnt that far off). Jonny's new PTA film score is also out, for those interested.

It's hard to imagine that TKOL is coming up to 2 years old. Time flies!

Honestly, im satisfied. Long-time big acts that come to australia like once a decade, honestly, you're happy just to be able to see them once!

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone got any ideas of what's coming up?

For those with friends, girlfriends, and things to do, Thom's been posting some stuff on Twitter in the last few days. Yesterday, this white record
514890-bfd4263e-41fd-11e4-b1b2-871c50b86f82.jpg

Today some scribbled over lyrics to Wolf at the Door
ByNCzYhIAAAqVyJ.jpg

He and Godrich were in a studio lately and of course Radiohead are apparently recording right now, or at least meeting up (though Jonny's still right into his orchestral work and Phil's about to tour his brand new album). I can't see it being AFP stuff, that ship's sailed and I get the feeling we won't hear another album from them again (or is that just hopeful thinking?), but I was quietly hoping it was a solo LP. I doubt it's new band stuff. I reckon it'll be a compilation series of re-edits and rare stuff. Immediately I thought of the TKOL RMX series where every LP had a different, subtle artwork... a bit like the one for the vinyl above. So that's my bet – which doesn't bode well for the band, but would be so sick. Finally getting to hear stuff like Skirting on the Surface, Present Tense... Lift would be great fun

james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
I've heard that they may finally put True Love Waits on LP9. A song that good deserves to be on a full album. But then again so did Talk Show Host and The Daily Mail

Also does anyone think Identikit or Full Stop may make the album?

As for Thom's tweet, I have NFI

Back