Raheem Sterling nearest the pin.

Sterlol - When you leave Pool?

• Webster troll

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. The fact that the two clubs are yet to come to an agreement is holding things up somewhat.

But it's June. September 1 is a long way away.

There isn't much to agree. We do not want to sell but will look at a sale if we get that offer that is too good to turn down. City should just pay up, not like they are short of cash and get it done.

There isn't much to agree. We do not want to sell but will look at a sale if we get that offer that is too good to turn down. City should just pay up, not like they are short of cash and get it done.
I'm fairly sure we have our side of things in hand. Nothing for Liverpool to worry about until/unless that next bid comes in.

And no need for us to get the deal done in June. We're saving around £100k every week a deal doesnt happen.

I'm fairly sure we have our side of things in hand. Nothing for Liverpool to worry about until/unless that next bid comes in.

And no need for us to get the deal done in June. We're saving around £100k every week a deal doesnt happen.

I thought you offered 150k / week rising to 190k / week including bonuses to Sterling?

I thought you offered 150k / week rising to 190k / week including bonuses to Sterling?
Even better.

Of course we havent offered him anything. He is a Liverpool player.

But I'd imagine he'll be on around £100k basic. Potential for another £50k bonuses. Silva/Kompany etc are on around £140k basic, so I can't see Sterling being on more than that.

Even better.

Of course we havent offered him anything. He is a Liverpool player.

But I'd imagine he'll be on around £100k basic. Potential for another £50k bonuses. Silva/Kompany etc are on around £140k basic, so I can't see Sterling being on more than that.

Silva is on 200K / week.

It is unlikely Sterling will sign for a basic 100k / week wage. Previously Ward / Sterling demanded 140k / week to sign a new extension which LFC thought was too much.

Considering what some other players are earning at your club and the transfer fee paid should you buy him I doubt Ward will accept anything less than 140k / week for his client and will probably try and squeeze more out of City. The leaked press reports say you were offering him a 190k/week package. Those reports came from the Ward camp. How much of that is bonuses remains to be seen.

Silva is on 200K / week.

No he isn't. £140k basic, with the potential to earn plenty more in bonuses. Our general rule is 2/3 basic, 1/3 bonus.

Sterling will not sign for a basic 100k / week wage. Previously Ward / Sterling demanded 140k / week to sign a new extension which LFC thought was too much.

Considering what some other players are earning at your club and the transfer fee paid should you buy him I doubt Ward will accept anything less than 140k / week for his client and will probably try and squeeze more out of City. The leaked press reports say you were offering him a 190k/week package. Those reports came from the Ward camp. How much of that is bonuses remains to be seen.

Like I said, Kompany/Silva etc are on £140k basic. Yaya is still on the old system so he has a much higher basic (but much lower bonuses). Kun I would imagine will be the top earner when he signs his new contract. Sterling would be looking at £100k basic with the chance to earn another £50k bonus. Good money, and pretty good chances of earning his bonuses at City. Which we will be happy to pay.

No he isn't. £140k basic, with the potential to earn plenty more in bonuses. Our general rule is 2/3 basic, 1/3 bonus.

Like I said, Kompany/Silva etc are on £140k basic. Yaya is still on the old system so he has a much higher basic (but much lower bonuses). Kun I would imagine will be the top earner when he signs his new contract.

All the sources I can find say 200k / week.

All the sources I can find say 200k / week.
He can earn up to £200k a week. But his basic is around £140k. Like Kompany.

This might help with your confusion.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-year-contract-extension-Manchester-City.html

Silva delighted after penning five-year £200k contract extension at Man City

By IAN LADYMAN FOR THE DAILY MAIL PUBLISHED: 22:55, 16 September 2012 | UPDATED: 15:26, 17 September 2012

David Silva has expressed his delight after penning a new five-year, £200,000-a-week deal at Manchester City. The club have been negotiating with Silva all summer as they look to tie one of Europe's hottest properties to a deal for the next five years. As exclusively revealed by Sportsmail last month, talks reached a worrying stalemate during pre-season as City struggled to deal with the Spaniard's wage demands.

The arrival of Spanish chief executive Ferran Soriano gave the issue fresh impetus and the two sides have now agreed the bumper new deal which ties him to the Etihad Stadium until 2017.

Interestingly, City have structured Silva's new deal so as to give him a basic of £120,000-a-week. However, the contract is heavily incentive-based and future success on the field will that put Silva him up around the levels of pay enjoyed by top earners Carlos Tevez, Vincent Kompany and YaYa Toure.

Believe it's closer to my £140k than Ladyboy's £120k.

The genius of it all is that we have no chance of winning the champions league according to WC2022, we've lost next seasons title race to Chelsea already according to Football Manager and the Independent.

So we're luring all these top players over the Manchester on the promises of these huge riches, a third of which we'll never have to pay.

Get in.

efficient-male-bookkeeping-accountant-celebrating-with-a-fist-pump-DTKMAM.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have said from the very beginning that we have no interest at all in selling him.

Maybe, we really dont and it just isnt going to happen.

Maybe you won't sell.

Would be interesting to see.

Maybe you won't sell.

Would be interesting to see.
It would be interesting. We have said from the outset that he is going nowhere. The last time we said that was with Suarez and we held firm and we didnt sell him.

IMO we want to sell him and we are buying now before selling so that other teams cant fleece us while we have 50 million burning a hole in our pocket.

But then again we have knocked back all of City's offers. We have set from the beginning we have no interest in selling him. For about two months ive known he is off. If we do in fact keep him it will be weird getting used to the fact that he will still be around.

Particularly given the signing of Firmino.

A fit Sturridge? A front three of Coutinho/Studge/Firmino. Where does Sterling fit in? Of course we always need more options and rotation and quality players but if Sterling stays, surely we are keeping him because we believe he is our best player and therefore will play.

You dont spend 29 million on Firmino though and sit him on the bench and no chance a fit and firing Daniel Sturridge doesnt start. Coutinho IMO is our best player and must start every game.

Good headache to have though I guess.

Now that he's no longer a 1st XI player for Liverpool (have seen this in a few papers this week) I expect a deal will be done at around the £20m mark.

Big money for a bench player with the potential to be the next SWP/Lennon.

Now that he's no longer a 1st XI player for Liverpool (have seen this in a few papers this week) I expect a deal will be done at around the £20m mark.

Big money for a bench player with the potential to be the next SWP/Lennon.

Is that not more to do with the fact that they're not expecting him to be at the club next season, so they're not bothering to put him in the 1st XI? That's been the rationale behind most of the hypothetical lineups I've seen.

Is that not more to do with the fact that they're not expecting him to be at the club next season, so they're not bothering to put him in the 1st XI? That's been the rationale behind most of the hypothetical lineups I've seen.
No. More that there is no longer a position for him in the starting XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back