Raheem Sterling nearest the pin.

Sterlol - When you leave Pool?

• Webster troll

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling could work very well in a 4-2-3-1 system if we sign Benteke.

Clyne----Skrtel----Sakho-----Moreno

---------Henderson-----Lucas--------

----Sterling------Coutinho-----Firminator

--------------Benteke-------------

It all depends on which striker we sign really.
Where is Can?

63255392.jpg

It's gone awfully quiet. Maybe we really arent selling him.
We're normally pretty good letting it be known when we've moved on from a target. Haven't seen the need to do that yet.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aidy Ward wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut if a deal had been done.

Sterling is going on the Australian pre season tour. You would have thought City would gave signed him by now with everything they have offered.
What have we offered?

Our highest bid to date is £10-15m less than the minimum you think Liverpool will accept.

So I'm not sure why the fact we havent signed him (given what we have offered) comes as any great surprise to you.

Our highest bid to date is £10-15m less than the minimum you think Liverpool will accept.

So I'm not sure why the fact we havent signed him (given what we have offered) comes as any great surprise to you.

I am surprised that City haven't been able to conclude a transfer with Sterling on a pre-season tour for most of July. If only to allow Pellegrini & Sterling time to work together.

The noises coming out of City are that they are not prepared to pay 50m though.

Yeah I thought City would want to get it done really quickly to get him in for pre season training and the tour and what not.

The longer it drags on the more likely it seems like he stays which would be great for us.

I am surprised that City haven't been able to conclude a transfer with Sterling on a pre-season tour for most of July. If only to allow Pellegrini & Sterling time to work together.

Who says that won't happen?

The noises coming out of City are that they are not prepared to pay 50m though.

Makes for an interesting dilemma for Liverpool if that is the case.

Makes for an interesting dilemma for Liverpool if that is the case.

What dilemma?

He's a contracted player, who will just stay at the club. We aren't just going to give him away at a cut-price to anyone else because Man City refuse to meet our valuation.

FWIW, I still think he ends up at City.

Yeah I thought City would want to get it done really quickly to get him in for pre season training and the tour and what not.

The longer it drags on the more likely it seems like he stays which would be great for us.

And the more likely Sterling signs a new deal. He will not accept 35k / week for much longer. If a sale isn't agreed this transfer window I cannot see Sterling hanging around on a 35k / week wage for much longer. A new contract with an iron clad end of contract release clause (similar to what Suarez signed in late 2013) will most likely happen.

Webster transfer is not an option either. Andrei Arshavin tried to do the same thing in 2009:

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2...havin-told-he-will-not-be-able-to-buy-out-his

All of the leading clubs in Europe have an agreement not to sign players under the Webster rule. All of the previous cases of Webster rulings have also seen the compensation payable not being the remaining wage value of a contract but rather what the replacement cost would be for an equivalent player.

David De Gea is doing everything possible to try and join Real Madrid with one year left on his contract but is not even bothering with trying a "webster" to get his move. That tells you everything about how untenable it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back