Raheem Sterling nearest the pin.

Sterlol - When you leave Pool?

• Webster troll

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jealousy is an overused word. It's more like just to keep you in check - put you back in your box. It's a very English thing to do that, perhaps you Aussies don't get in.

Chelsea win the league - some people congratulate them, others will dismiss it as being bought. You can't change that.

And you could say the same if Juve/Barca/United/Real/Bayern/City did the same thing. It's always bought.

But if other fans need to try and insult us to feel better about themselves and their clubs current predictaments, they can go for it. Not sure Chelsea fans care that much(or so I've been told by the English ones I'm friends with)

And you could say the same if Juve/Barca/United/Real/Bayern/City did the same thing. It's always bought.

But if other fans need to try and insult us to feel better about themselves and their clubs current predictaments, they can go for it. Not sure Chelsea fans care that much(or so I've been told by the English ones I'm friends with)
Ok let's leave it at that.

I think we could all learn to be less reactive when our teams are mocked. I guess the nature of an Internet forum makes it like that, where as if you are in the pub with mates it's more obviously a bit of a laugh.

I will leave it there

Liverpool ended up collecting 40 mil for him (minus the QPR cut).

I think everybody wins out of this. Liverpool get what they thought he was worth, City get a 10 year player. QPR steal 10 mil from City.

Win, win, win.
Only £35.2m is all they're guaranteed so far. Which is still a pretty good fee.

Jealousy is an overused word. It's more like just to keep you in check - put you back in your box. It's a very English thing to do that, perhaps you Aussies don't get it.

Chelsea win the league - some people congratulate them, others will dismiss it as being bought. You can't change that.
Personally I quite liked it when people were so consumed by bitterness and jealousy they couldnt accept our title success. Much worse things to worry about in life than winning the league, and some opposition fan not saying "congrats mate".

tee hee

people wouldnt have batted an eyelid if this much was paid for draxler, el shaarawy 2 years ago when they were relevant. people love the foreigners more, and are desperate to s**t on locals

sterling matches up to anyone in his age group worldwide. you're wrong to even try to suggest otherwise

Sterling is a really good signing for City, even at 49m. Obviously a lot of money but I think in a few years this will look like good value.

Already a really good player and has the potential to be one of the best players in the league for the next 10 years imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tee hee

people wouldnt have batted an eyelid if this much was paid for draxler, el shaarawy 2 years ago when they were relevant. people love the foreigners more, and are desperate to s**t on locals

sterling matches up to anyone in his age group worldwide. you're wrong to even try to suggest otherwise
Where is he going to play? RW in place of Navas?

With Silva or a new signing?
New signing for me. Silva just behind. I've given up hopes of us being solid defensively under Pellegrini. So attack attack attack it is.

while i'm not comparing talent, i presume we'll be looking for sterling to play the kind of role messi has been for barca. dropping deeper to get the ball and then going from there. we tried to play it with navas but his outright refusal to take on the full back and just get to the byline and cross hindered us. i can remember about twice where navas cut inside, whereas sterling will be encouraged to play like a quicker silva.

however, he will be rotated through, and won't play as much as he did with liverpool, which may end up being a good thing because he's played an absolute tonne of football for someone his age while having the pressure to be the main striker for a lot of the season. so i think he'll play a sort of behind the striker, out right type of style.

i'd rather him than ******* nasri at the very least, so there's that.

tee hee

*, I would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back