Raheem Sterling nearest the pin.

Sterlol - When you leave Pool?

• Webster troll

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably been said by others but City need English players, right?

I think they'll baulk at paying $50M though and end up forking out around $32.7M plus player/s. Bony could be on the cards if MCFC get a replacement and LFC don't get Benteke first, but defenders like Boyata, Sagna, Richards could be more realistic make-weights.

BR probably would like Dzeko and he is underrated, but after previously struggling to fit 'big guys' into the system I think the committee will want more pace and Jovetic is too untested given they will already have that with Origi (and possibly Ings).

$125K wages.

Last edited:

I think they'll baulk at paying $50M though and end up forking out around $32.7M plus player/s. Bony could be on the cards if MCFC get a replacement and LFC don't get Benteke first, but defenders like Boyata, Sagna, Richards could be more realistic make-weights.

BR probably would like Dzeko and he is underrated, but after previously struggling to fit 'big guys' into the system I think the committee will want more pace.

No chance we'll get rid of Bony. Richards is out of contract, Boyata is off to Celtic. Think Sagna would be looking for champions league, wages are high and probably only worth a million or so.

I think our need for English players is a bit overstated. We'll get a few in this summer but its not really a big issue. Have a few squad places that kids can fill if targets don't come through.

No chance we'll get rid of Bony. Richards is out of contract, Boyata is off to Celtic. Think Sagna would be looking for champions league, wages are high and probably only worth a million or so.

I think our need for English players is a bit overstated. We'll get a few in this summer but its not really a big issue. Have a few squad places that kids can fill if targets don't come through.
I thought Fiorentina had to pay a fee to keep Richards, so assumed he was still on some sort of contract but maybe that was a deal with the loan? Boyata hasn't gone yet. Sagna already went looking for UCL and found the bench. He's old, but LFC will want more experience (just re-signed Kolo and Can will be in midfield - Wisdom I don't think will make it so Sagna is an okay option).

As I said, there's only a chance you will get rid of Bony if MCFC get a replacement. If MCFC can afford the cash great, but the point of the thread is guessing where he goes and for how much if he goes, right? The scenarios of him going are basically City or Chelsea because I don't think the continent will have believed the hype enough to pay the $ and Arsene won't pay that much either. an U and Hernandez is an interesting left-field option, but given BR's position is a bit tenuous I don't think he'd want to expose himself to that wrath. Sterling has also scored v both Chelsea and City which helps justify the hype to them.

He is a London lad and Cuadrado hasn't been embraced that warmly yet, so that's another option, but I think City will want an Englishmen to help their image alongside Hart. I don't think Bony will ever set the world alight, so I'm happy for City to hold onto him if they think he will. I'd rather the cash and different forwards.

And I talk about make-weights because I think LFC will want to keep face after saying that they wouldn't let him leave for less, but I don't personally think he's worth $60M. Could be that he's been tapped and consequently underplayed this year so someone will pay that. Hope so.

Sure, if you want to throw all your toys our of your cot.

Most City players would walk into Liverpool's side. Richards though is certainly not one. Average player.

LOL. I know you've said you don't want any City players as part of a Sterling deal. But, I reckon the following are most talked about in terms of moves away from City.

Caballero, Sagna, Kolarov, Clichy, Boyata, Richards, Navas, Fernando, Yaya, Fernandinho, Nasri, Dzeko, Jovetic.

How many would you want at Liverpool? We know Dzeko, Jovetic and Richards are out.

LOL. I know you've said you don't want any City players as part of a Sterling deal. But, I reckon the following are most talked about in terms of moves away from City.

Caballero, Sagna, Kolarov, Clichy, Boyata, Richards, Navas, Fernando, Yaya, Fernandinho, Nasri, Dzeko, Jovetic.

How many would you want at Liverpool? We know Dzeko, Jovetic and Richards are out.
Sagna would be decent backup at RB but his wage requests would be too high. In fact none would come cos they will all be on huge wages. Wouldnt want Nasri despite being an excellent player. He has a reputation of being a bit of a cancer in the dressing room.

Caballero, no, Boyata, no.

I'd take Yaya, beast but obviously wages again. Would take Clichy at LB, excellent option who could rotate with Moreno. Id take Kolarov too, excellent FB with experience. We need that. We need FB's.

Havent seen enough of Fernando or Fernandinho to comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Yaya and Kolarov for your first XI.

Sagna/Clichy for backup/rotation.

The other 9 either not good enough, or you're not sure.
It's not that they are all not good enough just some arent suited to how we play and some wouldnt come and play for us anyways as wages would be a stumbling block.

Not being good enough. Caballero and Boyata wouldnt be.. The rest certainly good enough to play for Liverpool but no interest in Jovetic cos he is injured too much. Dzeko is too lazy and has attitude issues. Nasri is a cancer. Navas is ok. Yaya is a beast. No thanks on Richards.

Clichy and Kolarov would start cos our FB's are all rubbish. As would Sagna. Fernando and Fernandiho would definitely play in midfield. Would be an upgrade on Joe Allen but as I said I havent seen enough of them to really make strong comments.

Clichy an excellent option?
Clichy has been a key part of a team thats one two titles and a cup. By and large he's been very good for us.

For Liverpool he's better than anything they've got so I reckon he'd be an excellent signing for them at a pretty cheap price.

Reckon we'll keep him though.

BR probably would like Dzeko and he is underrated, but after previously struggling to fit 'big guys' into the system I think the committee will want more pace and Jovetic is too untested given they will already have that with Origi (and possibly Ings).

$125K wages.

Why dont they just break the rules again?

For Liverpool he's better than anything they've got so I reckon he'd be an excellent signing for them at a pretty cheap price.
Better than Moreno? At the moment yeah but he needs to be developed and is good enough to play.

Better than Moreno? At the moment yeah but he needs to be developed and is good enough to play.
Don't rate Moreno at all. He may improve but he has no defensive awareness about him atm. Clichy is a mile better.

Clichy has been a key part of a team thats one two titles and a cup. By and large he's been very good for us.

Reckon we'll keep him though.
Not saying he hasn't been good for you guys (I think he has FTR), but I wouldn't call him an excellent footballer.

Though I guess that is different from being an excellent signing.

Please stop with the make weights. There will be no make weights. If Sterling is sold. It will only be for pure cold hard cash.

Why? We all know you're just going to waste the cash.

At least you know what you're getting with the makeweights.

BTW, Liverpool dream XI 2015-16 ....

CEZhH2rWMAARetV.jpg

Why dont they just break the rules again?
Rule-breaking?? I can't imagine FIFA just standing idly by while rule-breaking occurs...

Benitez to Real has led to stories he will come in with the cash for Raheem. I'm sure he'd love to do LFC the favour, and if the Bale - De Gea swap is happening then a space opens up. It'd be awful for Sterling's career, but great for Aidy Ward's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back