2013 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Dopey BJ

Club Legend
Jun 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Really? I thought his role on Aish at the Champs was first rate. Runs pretty damn well both ways from what I've seen, but probably has the potential for more given he is an aerobic freak.
I think that you have seen he could give more might be a tad of what the coaches expect.

God Save Max King

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think that you have seen he could give more might be a tad of what the coaches expect.

Yeah fair call, I guess the coaches would expect more since they know what he is capable of doing. I just think that saying he has an attitude problem is harsh, even if he doesn't give 110% every week.

Dopey BJ

Club Legend
Jun 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah fair call, I guess the coaches would expect more since they know what he is capable of doing. I just think that saying he has an attitude problem is harsh, even if he doesn't give 110% every week.
check your in box

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God Save Max King

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Is it too early to start predicting who'll go where in the rookie draft?

I would say yes. I look at the rookie draft after the national draft has been completed.
If you had a chance to stand near the coaches box when runners return from delvering him messages you know what I mean
Revisiting this, I fear that you are incredibly accurate in these posts.

TS74

Debutant
Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Rahul and other Saints fans, how do you feel about an S.A. led recovery?

In my Phantom, Aish is 3, and Dunstan is 18, with Dumont at 19.

Like Collingwood last year, bring in 3 S.A. musketeers together.
I don't think we would be complaining with that result if it panned out that way although I'm fairly confident pick 3 will be Kelly or Billings at this stage.. Pick 18-19 will depend on any major sliders otherwise Dunstan if there is one I expect us to take and I'm hearing Zac Jones is another being closely looked at and he should be available but is starting to get more attention

God Save Max King

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Rahul and other Saints fans, how do you feel about an S.A. led recovery?

In my Phantom, Aish is 3, and Dunstan is 18, with Dumont at 19.

Like Collingwood last year, bring in 3 S.A. musketeers together.
I think we will select Billings at Pick 3 if available, or Kelly. For the other two picks, I and most other Saints fans would be pleased with Dunstan and Dumont (see my avatar and sig) with 18 and 19.

God Save Max King

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't think we would be complaining with that result if it panned out that way although I'm fairly confident pick 3 will be Kelly or Billings at this stage.. Pick 18-19 will depend on any major sliders otherwise Dunstan if there is one I expect us to take and I'm hearing Zac Jones is another being closely looked at and he should be available but is starting to get more attention
Agree with you that Kelly or Billings will be our pick 3. Zak Jones is an interesting one. Saints going after him for character perhaps? Talks a bit but seems to be a likeable bloke.

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I think we will select Billings at Pick 3 if available, or Kelly. For the other two picks, I and most other Saints fans would be pleased with Dunstan and Dumont (see my avatar and sig) with 18 and 19.

Interesting.

I'm presuming Kelly goes to GWS. Personally i don't see it, but the word seems strong.

I see Aish as more a natural midfielder and fit for St Kilda than Billings. He has a bigger tank and i reckon Montagna would be the perfect mentor to take Aish under his wing and school him.

I also see Dunstan as perfect at 18 for his future leadership and midfield prowess. I actually wouldn't mind Carlton picking him at 13 as those qualities are needed by us too.

God Save Max King

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Highest ranked player at the Stingrays internally

After what he did in the finals, fair enough.
Interesting.

I'm presuming Kelly goes to GWS. Personally i don't see it, but the word seems strong.

I see Aish as more a natural midfielder and fit for St Kilda than Billings. He has a bigger tank and i reckon Montagna would be the perfect mentor to take Aish under his wing and school him.

I also see Dunstan as perfect at 18 for his future leadership and midfield prowess. I actually wouldn't mind Carlton picking him at 13 as those qualities are needed by us too.

I think the Saints are after one of the Victorians, so whichever is available. In my next update I should have the Saints taking Billings. On Kelly, I think the word is SOS is keen, but I'm not too sure on Allan and Cameron and they would also have something to say on the draft.

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
After what he did in the finals, fair enough.

I think the Saints are after one of the Victorians, so whichever is available. In my next update I should have the Saints taking Billings. On Kelly, I think the word is SOS is keen, but I'm not too sure on Allan and Cameron and they would also have something to say on the draft.

Well Kelly certainly has the genes. His old man won 2 Sandovers and his mum was my old PE teacher at school and was super fit. Top netballer too i think.

God Save Max King

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well Kelly certainly has the genes. His old man won 2 Sandovers and his mum was my old PE teacher at school and was super fit. Top netballer too i think.

True and looking at the Aish family, they aren't too big and bulky. I reckon without an injury, Billings would be the biggest of the 3 easily and would have shown as much as the other 2 did this year.

kenneje

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
G'day Rahul,

What do you reckon the chances are of Dunstan or Dumont slipping through slipping through to the Hawks first pick at 24?

Back