2013 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

* a draft slider seems to be Jason Cooke from Calder? A top 20 prospect at the start of 2013, can you elaborate what's happened?
I don't think he was viewed as a top 20 prospect, he wasn't really that good. It's just been a bad year for him, not much more to what I know of.

* Sicily - love him mate, could be a bolter I think?
He should go top 40 as he's in that catergory and I think a team could definitely take a punt on him earlier than expected. He has loads of talent and is a special player, under a right development system he could become a solid footballer.

Also, Tom Cutler seems to be the Aidan Corr like bolter.
Great point mate, the thing is I really do not rate Cutler. I would not draft him in the top 40 and there are many key position players in a weak draft that are better than him. He is too short to play that key defender role so he will be forced to rebound. He can play as a midfielder and he's a nice, athletic player but I really think a team taking him in the 20s or higher is making a mistake.

Rahul, do you think St Kilda will grant your wish of Dumont being a Saint?
Unfortunately, I don't think they will. Dumont will probably slide to the 20s and any team that picks him will have a bargain. It is being said that we are more interested in Dunstan.
Also, there seems to be something in recent years r.e. Hawthorn snagging someone from seemingly left field or just simply sweet timing.

2010, Isaac Smith.
2011, Brad Hill.
2012, Tim O'Brien.

Who will it be this year?
Maybe a Malcolm Karpany, Jarman Impey or a Nick Favretto.
Of those 3, I see Impey as being most likely to be selected that high. Good point re drafting, but if they get an opportunity to grab Dumont or Cripps or Crouch they shouldn't overlook them.

With footy tragic doing a power rankings would be interested to see yours whilst not taking team needs into consideration

With footy tragic doing a power rankings would be interested to see yours whilst not taking team needs into consideration
This is how I would draft the players, assuming I was a Melbourne based club with no needs whatsoever.

1. Boyd
  2. Kelly
  3. Billings
  4. Aish
  5. Lennon
  6. Luke McDonald
  7. Crouch
  8. Scharenburg
  9. Kolodjashnij
  10. Dumont
  11. Sheed
  12. Freeman
  13. Acres
  14. McCarthy
  15. Bontempelli
  16. Dunstan
  17. Salem
  18. Taylor
  19. Gardiner
  20. Cripps
  21. Jones
  22. Kennedy-Harris
  23. Hartung
  24. Marsh
  25. Templeton
  26. Battersby
  27. Tsitas
  28. Miller
  29. Honeychurch
  30. Hewett

This is how I would draft the players, assuming I was a Melbourne based club with no needs whatsoever.

1. Boyd
  2. Kelly
  3. Billings
  4. Aish
  5. Lennon
  6. Luke McDonald
  7. Crouch
  8. Scharenburg
  9. Kolodjashnij
  10. Dumont
  11. Sheed
  12. Freeman
  13. Acres
  14. McCarthy
  15. Bontempelli
  16. Dunstan
  17. Salem
  18. Taylor
  19. Gardiner
  20. Cripps
  21. Jones
  22. Kennedy-Harris
  23. Hartung
  24. Marsh
  25. Templeton
  26. Battersby
  27. Tsitas
  28. Miller
  29. Honeychurch
  30. Hewett
Nice list I agree with a lot of them would take out Tsitas out of that list for me though. Put in Impey for me

Yeah I've heard that Tsitas will slide a hell of a lot to about pick 50, but I reckon anyone that gets him will haveh a bargain.

Maybe it all depends on whether his severe lack of pace will be as much as a disadvantage as I'm thinking

Nice work. Would prefer somebody like Apeness or Harvey to us, as we lack KPF depth

I don't see the quality of KPF's in this year's draft past McCarthy and Boyd so I reckon the Dons should wait another year and have a crack next year. That being said, I'll have a look at the best quality KPFs for the Dons picks.

Yeah, i'm assuming Kelly goes at 2. Near certainty.

I think Choco and Pelchen will be a LOT more collaborative than Watters and Pelchen were. Seems pretty obvious that Dermott poisoned that well right from the start.

For all we know, Pelchen and Bains might really have Berg in the mix with Billings and Aish already. Choco's opinion might sway it.

From my way of thinking, if

A) someone of Choco's experience and know how rates Berg the best schoolboy footballer he's seen since Carey

and

B) Choco has a top relationship with Pelchen

and

C) StKilda can get 2 1st Round midfielders at 18/19

then i reckon Berg is a huge show at #3. It wouldn't be out of place at all. It is almost logical.

Well, that won't be a problem now!

Updated my order for what should be the final time.

Good work Rahul,

As it stands - Willsmore & Chisari, how do you see the draft turning out for them?

What clubs would they suit?

Cheers, :thumbsu:

From what I hear, most clubs will stop taking live picks at around 55-65, so unfortunately I don't think Willsmore and Chisari are great chances to be drafted in the National Draft. That being said, Chisari has had a solid year and should be strongly considered at rookie selections. As for which clubs, I'm not too sure. The rookie draft is a completely different animal in itself, so any club could select either of those players if they have the space available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great read Rahul .....:thumbsu:
Your rankings have the Hawks coming out of the draft with a very nice bag .....hope your a good judge ....;)
So do I ;)
Rahul

Who surprised you most by not getting drafted on Thursday night?

Cheers,
Tsitas and Thorpe, both were solid performers who should get a place in the rookie draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back