Railway Stakes meeting

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thread just for the Ascot meeting. Mods if you want to merge it in with the November discussion thread that's fine by me (and I doubt you'd care even if it wasn't!) but otherwise I thought this meet deserved its own thread. WA's biggest race obviously, but the undercard is very good too, with the WA guineas and the Winterbottom being other highlights.

I'll get the ball rolling - I think Buffering is gross unders. I can see him being taken on in front like he was at MV and though he can win, I would not go near the ~$3.20 he is. If he remains that price, lay of the day, at the odds, for mine. As I said, CAN win, but not a 30% chance by any stretch.

The Grant Williams horses look like morals of the day especially Neverland.
Is one to follow going on to autumn and next years spring carnival
Celebrity Dream the other
Silverstream presents value aswel.

Seems to me Grant Williams is to Perth what Chris Waller is to Sydney

Last edited:

Black Heart Bart is interesting touted as a star 58kg is a query.
Really is some excellent talent coming out of WA at the moment

Got the buff at 3.8 so I took the early 4.5. While there does look good early pace he's drawn extremely well to negotiate it and I think there will be no disadvantage on speed all day.

Edit s**t he shortened over night, that's one he'll of a tighten up.

Last edited:
Best of the day looks to be easily Sheidel. gets every favour in running and something would have to run well above PB to get near her.

Happy to pick holes in Neverland (again) much harder race than last week and again stays at 1400m. Can't go near it at 1.75.

Delicacy for the Railway, Real Love the threat and would probably have gone at way had pike chose to ride it.

Best of the day looks to be easily Sheidel. gets every favour in running and something would have to run well above PB to get near her.

Happy to pick holes in Neverland (again) much harder race than last week and again stays at 1400m. Can't go near it at 1.75.

Delicacy for the Railway, Real Love the threat and would probably have gone at way had pike chose to ride it.

Yea, Deli my only bet here today (rather largish go). LETS DO THIS!! :thumbsu:

Yea, Deli my only bet here today (rather largish go). LETS DO THIS!! :thumbsu:

Delicacy is my best as well, she has some weight to carry now :eek: Also really really keen on Mystic Prince. Will be having a lot based around those two. Even a place all up is $4.50+ I will be unloading Roby like beans. Keen on the whole day actually. I think even if you don't know much about WA racing a lot of them seem to race each other so if you just go by weights and measures everything does sort of stack up and there's some amazing value.

Just look at See Me Sizzle, 1.5L from a placegetter in the Derby. A length off London Line, then has one bad run (not suited back to 1400m) and is thrown out to $51?

Delicacy is my best as well, she has some weight to carry now :eek: Also really really keen on Mystic Prince. Will be having a lot based around those two. Even a place all up is $4.50+ I will be unloading Roby like beans. Keen on the whole day actually. I think even if you don't know much about WA racing a lot of them seem to race each other so if you just go by weights and measures everything does sort of stack up and there's some amazing value.

Just look at See Me Sizzle, 1.5L from a placegetter in the Derby. A length off London Line, then has one bad run (not suited back to 1400m) and is thrown out to $51?

Messene the value in the Railway for mine but * it, all in on Deli only.

Will be including 1,2,3,5 in my quaddie atm though.

Messene couldn't win if it started now - has none.

I don't think Good Project can win but I'd rather back it at its current price all day over Messene

Yet I'm also not backing it. :confused:

Another victim of the wrong side of the bed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well i would have thought so, if you win all the time and are never in the red.
So have all the betting sites banned you yet since your up all the time?
This is my favourite post of the thread, i.e. if you're up over your lifetime that means you never ever have a losing week, month etc

Good times would read again

But if the bookies aren't making a overall profit out of you wouldn't they still ban you?
Some books you win at, some you lose at
Some limit easily, some don't
New books open regularly

Always a way to get on, just not always for as much as wanted or at best price

Alright kanga if your such a superstar punter...
Below are my tips for the Ascot card
If you get more than me I won't post here for a month.
If you lose balmainforever perma bans you

1. Run Liam Run
2. Liberty Rise
3. Shiedel
4. Neverland
5. Celebrity Dream
6. Man Booker
7. Silverstream
8. Black Heart Bart
9. Young Lionel

Still going on about Chautauqua haha. If you followed the horse all prep you still come out well on top. Money -> Bank. He lost by half a head as an even money chance. U r 2 funny.

Alright kanga if your such a superstar punter...
Below are my tips for the Ascot card
If you get more than me I won't post here for a month.
If you lose balmainforever perma bans you

1. Run Liam Run
2. Liberty Rise
3. Shiedel
4. Neverland
5. Celebrity Dream
6. Man Booker
7. Silverstream
8. Black Heart Bart
9. Young Lionel

Ok your on.

Mine