Rumour Rance seriously considering huge GWS offer

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahah at least you'll admit theyre higher rated.
Some richmond fan last month tried to tell me that rance was worth more than dangerfield.
If you are in need of a class defender, yes, a class midfielder, no.
Not all players can be evaluated equally.

I'm not saying we've "come good"...
We've been mediocre for ages, that top 4 performance was due to a soft draw and a lucky performance against Fremantle in the finals.

Maybe you should be assessing yourselves in the same manner?
Mate, when Dimma took over we were the worst side since Fitzroy, we have come a long way and still have a long way to go.
In this era of heavily compromised drafts and uneven fixturing, it is extremely difficult for clubs to claw their way back to the top, Richmond, Adelaide, Port, West Coast, Collingwood, Essendon (LOL), Carlton, North, Brisbane, St Kilda, Bulldogs, Melbourne all need a lot of hard work and luck to make it, some far more than others, bottom line is it's imperative for developing sides to hang on to the likes of Dangerfield, Rance etc, we are all in the same boat.

Overrated player. One of the most undeserving All Australians of all time. GWS are real stupid to even consider going for him.
Both posts got 10 likes. The pro-Rance post is all Richmond likes, the anti-Rance post is everyone else...........

Rance is definitely overrated and shouldn't have been AA.

Both posts got 10 likes. The pro-Rance post is all Richmond likes, the anti-Rance post is everyone else...........

If only I could like my own comments :p :mad:

I need more Non-Richmond supporters to see my comment...

Either that or Richmond supporters actually watched Rance play as did the selectors, whereas the rest of you muppets probably think your own teams backmen are the best going around?

I think the first point is the most likely explanation as Rance definitely deserved to be AA.

Either that or Richmond supporters actually watched Rance play as did the selectors, whereas the rest of you muppets probably think your own teams backmen are the best going around?

I think the first point is the most likely explanation as Rance definitely deserved to be AA.
The selectors were Richmond supporters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I in any of my posts say that any Collingwood backmen deserved AA? No. Definitely not.

Rance did not deserve AA. I watched him play and he did not deserve it.

Did I in any of my posts say that any Collingwood backmen deserved AA? No. Definitely not.

In your humble opinion of course, get yourself appointed to the AA selection panel and make it relevant.

Are you sure you were watching 2014 not 2011, if you were then I guess you are just a bad judge of what constitutes a good footballer, read on.

In the age of the Golden Fist, stats show Rance instead wants to win the battle rather than neutralise the threat.

He has conceded just 13 goals in nine games (four of them to Lance Franklin) but it is the defensive one-on-one contests where he thrives.

Of his 43 contests he has 18 wins at 43 per cent, beating a field of quality defenders including Tom Lonergan (32.5 per cent), Heath Grundy (41.5 per cent), Harry Taylor (34.2 per cent) and Eric Mackenzie (34.5 per cent).
He has neutralised 18 of those 43 contests and lost just seven, also averages 18 possessions and he charges up the field.
He has won 41.9 per cent of contests and lost just 16.3 per cent, a positive 25.6 per cent differential.
WIN-LOSS DIFFERENTIAL IN ONE-ON-ONE CONTESTS

THE BEST

Alex Rance (Richmond) +25.6 per cent

Tom Lonergan (Geelong) +22.5 per cent

Heath Grundy (Sydney) +22 per cent

Harry Taylor (Geelong) +21.1 per cent

Eric Mackenzie (West Coast) +19 per cent
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...layer-in-the-afl/story-fni5f9jb-1226978113033

The AFL player ratings list him as the number 4 key defender in the game for 2014 even though he missed 5 games at the start of the season.

Not just a flash in the pan either he was unlucky in 2013 to not be named AA

Andrew Walker and Alex Rance are the most unlucky defenders to not make the side.
http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/08/26/afl-2013-all-australian-team/

LOL, tool award locked in for you troll :p

As to Rance, he is contracted, loves the club and we are finally playing finals. If we qualify for a third finals series next year, which will be three final series in three years It will take a monster offer to pry him lose. For GWS to pull rance out now, it would be Shiel, and there first two rounders at a minimum. Make no mistake, Rance is part of Richmonds future, if he left for a pick, it would set us back years.
I was with you up until you said minimum Shiels & first two rounders. Are you high? I mean seriously how much do you want to over rate your players? We wouldn't get that for Mackenzie and he's better than Rance! You'd be very lucky to get Shiels and a first, very lucky!

Maybe, maybe not. He is a gun though, can't imagine any side turning him away if he came a knockin'.

yeah, it was pathetic. It was the worst game we played all year. I brought it down to it being played away ( we beat them at home ) and our boys just being spent after winning 9 straight, 11 wins from 13 games. Hell, it would have been worse if we had lost that game at home during the home and away season when both sides were fresh and firing...hold on! Did you not play them at round 2 ???? Lets look at that match :p

127 v 73 lol

Of course you'd rather make it to September than not, regardless of the outcome, but that display was one of the most insipid I've seen in a long time. Say what you want about the Tigers being up for so many weeks or about them playing at the Portress, but this was a final, a final being played by a club so bereft of September success it is almost unprecedented. We all knew Port would roll over them eventually, but to roll over so meekly from the very first bounce was as embarrassing a display as I can remember. Certainly moreso than a Round 2 ten-goal defeat. Harsh but true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back