Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2012
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints
This is a really good example of the sort of horrible "you must go to uni" indoctrination that goes on when smart kids are teenagers.

Uni is fantastic, but it's certainly not for everyone, even if you blitzed school.

I'm a huge fan of the gap year.
I don't think it's the issue that's associated with the teenagers.

To me, it's that these days there is so many jobs that require a Uni degree to attain. Once upon a time, you didn't need a degree in order to be a travel agent, but nowadays, you need a degree in Tourism

Clearly not up to the Asian 5 standard, that's 6 subjects.
One of the science subjects is usually taken in year 11. Still known as the Asian 5 though.

This is a really good example of the sort of horrible "you must go to uni" indoctrination that goes on when smart kids are teenagers.

Uni is fantastic, but it's certainly not for everyone, even if you blitzed school.

I'm a huge fan of the gap year.
I was concerned that if I took a gap year, that I wouldn't be able to start uni properly. Also, I'd be a year behind.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I was concerned that if I took a gap year, that I wouldn't be able to start uni properly. Also, I'd be a year behind.

I didn't have a gap year and I crashed harder than Princess Di when I got to uni.

Also, uni is 3 or 4 years unless you're doing some sort of megadegree. If i'd finished my Engineering degree on schedule, i'd have been finished that 4 year degree at 21 years old. I didn't even know I wanted to do my current career until I was 4 or 5 years older than that.

Also, there are plenty of other cool things you can do when you are 18. You can work full time and save tens of thousands of dollars because you live at home and have no responsibility. You can travel. You can move out with your mates and be really flush with cash all the time while your uni friends have no money.

You're only a year behind if you're desperate to get to the job at the end of your degree, but that happening at 22 or 23 instead of 21 isn't going to ruin your life.

If you are dead set happy with what you are doing, great! Thousands upon thousands of people go to uni in Australia straight out of school and do great. My warning is more for those people who aren't really sure what they want to do, from someone who didn't get the warning i'm giving you now and made a bad decision as a 16 year old.

Yo Andonis1997 I know you're on holiday and all but I just want you to know I still have that girl on my friends list. The one with the big pair.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Yo Andonis1997 I know you're on holiday and all but I just want you to know I still have that girl on my friends list. The one with the big pair.
I'm back in cold Adelaide.

Sorry mate, you're going to have to refresh my memory ;) Message me on facebook xoxo gossip girl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wanted Boak to jag it!

But hey, Priddis is an honest dude, who always puts in the hardest work in WCE's midfield, and always kills North.

Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back