Discussion Random Chat MegaThread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was thrown into the pitch around halfway through the first half if you know? They mentioned it on TV but never looked at it with the camera
They were throwing heaps of s**t. They were throwing the sponsor signs attached to the fence, beer, beer cups, beer cup holders, and finally a flare was enough to stop the game.

55222643.jpg

Just got fined $75 for not having a valid myki. I was sitting there as I was being handed the ticket, trying not to smile.

Lucky you.

I copped a $217 fine a few months ago for not having a concession card (it had expired in Feb and I hadn't got around to renewing)

About a week later they bring on the $75 on the spot rule :(

Were you just simply fare evading akkaps?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucky you.

I copped a $217 fine a few months ago for not having a concession card (it had expired in Feb and I hadn't got around to renewing)

About a week later they bring on the $75 on the spot rule :(

Were you just simply fare evading akkaps?
I hadn't topped it up. The problem is that I take a tram and bus to uni. I don't go anywhere near a train station to give me to opportunity to top up. Also, as I just moved back to Melbourne, I couldn't get a yearly tertiary card (there is no half-yearly).

They should bring back metcard, or at least have both. A myki by itself is $9.

#returnthemetcard

Who or what is a myki?
It's a transport card that you gotta keep topping up to use public transport, Perth have something similar.

In Sydney their version is Opal, and Canberra have the MyWay.

But the problem is that all the other cities have a backup system that lets you pay for single trips using cash (in the form of cardboard or plastic paper). Purchasable from the bus. Melbourne doesn't.

I had the cash to pay for the fair, I just didn't have a place to top up my card.

#returnthemetcard

/rant

It's a transport card that you gotta keep topping up to use public transport, Perth have something similar.

But the problem is that all the other cities have a backup system that lets you pay for single trips using cash (in the form of cardboard or plastic paper). Purchasable from the bus. Melbourne doesn't.

I had the cash to pay for the fair, I just didn't have a place to top up my card.

#returnthemetcard

/rant
Not to mention it cost $1.5 billion, when for a fraction of that they could have just bought the license to London's Oyster card, or any other proven ticketing system.

#returnthemetcard

/rant
Can't you top up at 7/11?

#returnthemetcard

/rant
Ah, we just call it a Smartrider.

I haven't needed to use public transport for quite some time so I'm not familiar with paying a bus fare with anything other than a dollar coin.

Can't you top up at 7/11?
There's not a 7/11 at every train station. And not every station has a machine which can top it up. When my myki needs to get topped up, I currently have to walk for 15 minutes to top in up, then walk for another 30 minutes on top of this to get to the train station. Not exactly dandy at 6:00am on a Monday morning.

There's not a 7/11 at every train station. And not every station has a machine which can top it up. When my myki needs to get topped up, I currently have to walk for 15 minutes to top in up, then walk for another 30 minutes on top of this to get to the train station. Not exactly dandy at 6:00am on a Monday morning.
Not at a train station. When you go for petrol or a slurpee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back