Discussion Random Chat MegaThread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am so sick of people complaining about the Galaxy S6 today.

People pushed for better materials and honestly didn't think it would come at a sacrafice? Please!

No one I've ever come across needs two batteries. Has any one here ever honestly removed their rear phone cover more then once? I haven't..

SD Card support? Sure, it sucks not having it. But obviously Sammy's deal with Google had something to do with that. Removing it will help push cloud storage adoption, google drive anyone? Plus 128GB is honestly loads of space. More then I'd ever need and I house gigs of music on my phone.

Then there is the whole "design copied apple" thing. Metals been done by every other manufacturer.. Glass back was done by the nexus 4 AFTER the iPhone 4 was released. Why is it such a big thing? Next people will argue "the form factor looks like an iPhone, obviously copied". There are only so many ways to design a smart phone..

Then there's the software side.. Samsung pay? Google wallets been round for ages.. Its only reasonable that Samsung would want a share of that.. Especially if they are eventually breaking away from android and creating their own ecosystem with Tizen. Watch as LG, HTC etc create their own services.. No one will complain..

People complain that Samsung copies everyone else, yet as soon as they do something it gets criticized immediately. Apple, Samsung etc are fighting over the same services and consumers. It's only logical that there will be similarities.

/Rant over

People pushed for better materials and honestly didn't think it would come at a sacrafice? Please!

No one I've ever come across needs two batteries. Has any one here ever honestly removed their rear phone cover more then once? I haven't..

SD Card support? Sure, it sucks not having it. But obviously Sammy's deal with Google had something to do with that. Removing it will help push cloud storage adoption, google drive anyone? Plus 128GB is honestly loads of space. More then I'd ever need and I house gigs of music on my phone.

Then there is the whole "design copied apple" thing. Metals been done by every other manufacturer.. Glass back was done by the nexus 4 AFTER the iPhone 4 was released. Why is it such a big thing? Next people will argue "the form factor looks like an iPhone, obviously copied". There are only so many ways to design a smart phone..

Then there's the software side.. Samsung pay? Google wallets been round for ages.. Its only reasonable that Samsung would want a share of that.. Especially if they are eventually breaking away from android and creating their own ecosystem with Tizen. Watch as LG, HTC etc create their own services.. No one will complain..

People complain that Samsung copies everyone else, yet as soon as they do something it gets criticized immediately. Apple, Samsung etc are fighting over the same services and consumers. It's only logical that there will be similarities.

/Rant over
I'm just pissed that I got a SG5 in January. Btw as soon as someone builds a Bluetooth SD card reader, the SD problem is moot anyway.

/Rant over
I've also seen a lot of hatred for the M9. I think that both the s6 and m9 are great phones and people are complaining that they're s**t for the sake of complaining really. I'll go with the M9 because I'm a HTC fanboy and I didn't want the design to change much (although some of the concept designs were beautiful). The main thing that annoys me about both the phones is the lack of USB type c. I do have to say though, the edge lighting on the S6 Edge is beautiful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I use Dropbox a lot and it's pretty darned helpful tbh
As an option it's great.

But it's starting to become enforced. Like the latest Adobe creative suite for example.

The idea of being forced to buy a subscription to use software and online storage is s**t, but that's the way we're headed it seems

I hate cloud storage as a concept.
I didn't really get the point until this year. Chucking my uni lectures onto google drive and pulling them up in class has been great. I've saved so much paper from doing things electronically this year.
I've also seen a lot of hatred for the M9. I think that both the s6 and m9 are great phones and people are complaining that they're s**t for the sake of complaining really. I'll go with the M9 because I'm a HTC fanboy and I didn't want the design to change much (although some of the concept designs were beautiful). The main thing that annoys me about both the phones is the lack of USB type c. I do have to say though, the edge lighting on the S6 Edge is beautiful.

I was disappointed the redesign didn't happen. But its still a beautiful device. I like that they squared it off a but more like the M7.

I'd be happy with either FWIW. Still got a year to go with my S5 though.

As an option it's great.

But it's starting to become enforced. Like the latest Adobe creative suite for example.

The idea of being forced to buy a subscription to use software and online storage is s**t, but that's the way we're headed it seems
I can get that bit. Even just paying for it once would be better. Monthly subscriptions are rediculous.

In saying that though, there are sometimes small things you can do to gain extra storage. I got 50GB free for filling a survey.

OK, sorry guys, just kind of figured you had dropped off or something after committing to a competition

also Gibbsy i can't seem to quote joel for some reason, is it a preference he's chosen when setting up or something?
I can. Did you refresh your page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back