Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Crimson. Happy New Year!!! Even though your avatar keeps swinging side to side which always drives me bonkers and all. And you are pretty weird but hey....

I love that you have the internets cruelest avatar - infinite teasing of a character with the prospect of beer - but are driven nuts by one that sways!

I love that you have the internets cruelest avatar - infinite teasing of a character with the prospect of beer - but are driven nuts by one that sways!
Stupid rabbit makes me thirsty and all

Sooo....we're all outraged with Chris Gayle, right? (don't tell anyone I thought it was funny)

I saw the new Star Wars, really liked it. I watched the original three leading up to it and I liked it as much as them. I'm hoping the next movie ties up some of the major loose ends in it though.
No.

And I watched all 6 in the lead up and it was a good movie.

Bonus for no Jar Jar.

While i think Gayle was a tool and has paid for it , Briggs and Dutton have received no-where near the intense backlash that Gayle has got, for issues i think are far more serious for women in the workplace . Howies comments before the Gayle stuff up has been allowed to go through to the keeper . What a sad reflection of the modern world of double standards

While i think Gayle was a tool and has paid for it , Briggs and Dutton have received no-where near the intense backlash that Gayle has got, for issues i think are far more serious for women in the workplace . Howies comments before the Gayle stuff up has been allowed to go through to the keeper . What a sad reflection of the modern world of double standards
Nobody really pays attention to politics though which is why we now live in a lovely post-democratic world. Lots of entertainment around though.

Reckon if you pulled that in a meeting at work you'd be canned. Seems fair enough, he needed a whack and got it.

I wouldn't have thought a 30 second flirt would get anymore than a reprimand, particularly as really nothing offensive or vulgar was said but then I'm not involved in the corporate world so maybe you're right. I still think a $10k fine is a big overreaction, especially given plenty of other precedents on tv with similar situations and gender roles reversed that have been accepted without any condemnation.

I think that it has a pretty big reaction, but most people aren't interested in politics hence why it isn't up there. However when something drops in a place people try to use to escape politics it'll spark a big debate

I wouldn't have thought a 30 second flirt would get anymore than a reprimand, particularly as really nothing offensive or vulgar was said but then I'm not involved in the corporate world so maybe you're right. I still think a $10k fine is a big overreaction, especially given plenty of other precedents on tv with similar situations and gender roles reversed that have been accepted without any condemnation.
Maybe in a one on one situation. This is closer to being asked a question in a meeting and replying with a pick up line then the "don't blush baby" stuff. He was being a utensil to get a laugh out of his mates in front of millions. It was a dick move IMO.

Maybe in a one on one situation. This is closer to being asked a question in a meeting and replying with a pick up line then the "don't blush baby" stuff. He was being a utensil to get a laugh out of his mates in front of millions. It was a dick move IMO.
Got a laugh out of the channel 10 commentary box. Channel 10 says they where probably laughing at something else, i call bullshit

Perhaps. I don't think it was a $10,000 dick move though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's taking one for the team so to speak. I'm fine with that as he won't miss it. Plus I don't like him for turning his back on test cricket. :)

Played over 100 tests and now 36 years old with a crook back, I don't hold anything against him for that. Plenty of other Windies ahead of him to criticise for abandoning test cricket. Having said that, West Indian cricket clearly has problems much greater than their playing list. They appear to be rotten from top to bottom. The only interest I've taken from this whole series has been the return of Pattinson and hoping to see glimmers of a future for West Indian cricket. I've a lot of time for Jason Holder, hell of a job to learn test cricket at the same time as captain a team with no other leadership.

I met my first port adelaide supporter at work tonight.

Came into the bottleo wearing a clash strip, ponytail and pedophile moustache. Was also carrying a large US Confederate flag. ended up having a big old shouting match with the campaigner because he decided to refer to using the ATM as "being a jew", saying "heil hitler" and giving nazi salutes.

All in all, about what I expected. Only surprise was that he wanted James Squire not Beam or West End.

If anyone wants an intro to the crazy crazy world of NFL football go and download a copy of the Steelers-Bengals game today.

If anyone wants an intro to the crazy crazy world of NFL football go and download a copy of the Steelers-Bengals game today.
Whole new way to lose a game wasn't it? I bet Burfict and Jones are still getting reamed by the Coach.

I'm starting to wonder who wins the 'high functioning alcoholic' award Proper Gander, you or me.

But other than posting on BF I'm not really sure of you level of function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back