Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Last year's version with the coaches was very interesting. I'm hoping that the captains have something interesting to say. Strange that Ablett was the only captain to decline.
Heard an interview with the guy who made it, Ablett wanted to be paid to do it.

Heard an interview with the guy who made it, Ablett wanted to be paid to do it.
Wouldn't surprise me.

From what i heard the suns took to long to indicate wether they would take part in it. While most other AFL club captains thought it was compulsory to take part

Pia dumped Brad. I feel for Brad, home and away has killed him. :(

You dont let a hot mrs. like that live in a different state to you, no matter what reassurances she gives you.

Pia dumped Brad. I feel for Brad, home and away has killed him. :(

You dont let a hot mrs. like that live in a different state to you, no matter what reassurances she gives you.
He just resigned to be closer to her too. Poor bastard

He just resigned to be closer to her too. Poor bastard

Maybe the relationship had been on the rocks for a while though and he was moving up there to be with his kid.

Feel sorry for the guy, but long distance relationships rarely end in happy endings, I'm speaking from experience.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Ron Barassi Snr has had a park named after him. I am waiting to find out where before posting this.

At Docklands. Okay so I'm not a Docklands fan and it's all to close that the dump that is Etihad, but Ronnie was pretty touched and emotional so good to see.

I hope the evening pre-ANZAC match is continued with Melbourne. I love Ron. I found the opening with him really moving.

It's been a strange day for you, hasn't it?
You have no idea.

However for years I have been trying to draw a goose in a tuxedo, cane, eye glass and top hat.

Sadly I can't draw for crap. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about....... A proper gander.

Same as above but instead of the goose it's an alligator.

Ron Barassi Snr has had a park named after him. I am waiting to find out where before posting this.

At Docklands. Okay so I'm not a Docklands fan and it's all to close that the dump that is Etihad, but Ronnie was pretty touched and emotional so good to see.

I hope the evening pre-ANZAC match is continued with Melbourne. I love Ron. I found the opening with him really moving.
I'm really hoping the ANZAC day clash continues also. However next year i think ANZAC day is on a monday, meaning we'd play sunday arvo because i doubt the AFL will play a sunday night ever again

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
You have no idea.

However for years I have been trying to draw a goose in a tuxedo, cane, eye glass and top hat.

Sadly I can't draw for crap. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about....... A proper gander.

Same as above but instead of the goose it's an alligator.
Right yes. That is interesting. It's also interesting that Crimson and Azure is sort of like the red and the blue. Could be a coincidence but I choose to think of it as way subtle. I'm making a paella by the way, and exactly now I'm hoping like hell this is the random chat thread.

I'm really hoping the ANZAC day clash continues also. However next year i think ANZAC day is on a monday, meaning we'd play sunday arvo because i doubt the AFL will play a sunday night ever again
Different on a long weekend. And the feeling was that it was spectacular in its implementation.

Wellington is a bigger problem. Both sides have at most a six day break after that.

Probably the best place to ask...I'm trying to get into the public sector. Finished uni last year. Any of you know of anything going for grads?

Probably the best place to ask...I'm trying to get into the public sector. Finished uni last year. Any of you know of anything going for grads?
Federal PS or state PS?
Federal level is pretty farked at the moment. Living in Canberra and there aren't many jobs going (and those that are have hundreds of applicants).
What department would you be interested in?

Federal PS or state PS?
Federal level is pretty farked at the moment. Living in Canberra and there aren't many jobs going (and those that are have hundreds of applicants).
What department would you be interested in?
Either or. Majored in politics with a focus on IR and terrorism studies. Dream is DFAT but to be honest I'll take any PS job at the minute just to get exposure.

H
From what I've heard applying for jobs involves a different language to private sector work. Kind of an in club. Do you know someone in the sector who can look at your applications/resume?
Honestly only one but she isn't able to help :(

Either or. Majored in politics with a focus on IR and terrorism studies. Dream is DFAT but to be honest I'll take any PS job at the minute just to get exposure.
From what I've heard DFAT is tough to get into, but great if you do (I go to ANU so have plenty of mates interested in it). Check all the Dept. websites for any listings and may need to do some cold-calling of HR people, which is s**t but probably necessary in this climate. Public service is going through a bit of a s**t period with the Libs in charge and the generally mediocre economy.

AFP or Vic police terror units may be another option a bit from left field (just going off your degree description).

I'd like to get out of the public sector. Requesting a trade to consultancy. I'll throw in my accrued sick leave as steak knives. Get it done

I'd like to get out of the public sector. Requesting a trade to consultancy. I'll throw in my accrued sick leave as steak knives. Get it done
You'll have to forgo accrued sick leave - sick leave doesn't vest in the private sector, use it or lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back