Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Jack can you link me to your 'like a boss' post please? Thought of it today a need to like if I haven't already.

Actually maybe it's in this thread.

So I got inspired while bored earlier...

BGlikeaboss.png

CSlikeaboss.png

GLlikeaboss.png

DBlikeaboss.png

AMlikeaboss.png

BMlikeaboss.png

Jesus Kennedy produces a miracle!!! Off to brazillllll we go
The funny thing is that one minute after posting my frustration they scored. It seems I have plenty of pull.

The funny thing is that one minute after posting my frustration they scored. It seems I have plenty of pull.

Sounded like on of my mates on facebook. Posted that Osieck should be sacked for taking Cahill off when we needed a goal, nek minnut he's off his trolley because Kennedy scored.

So how 'bout that politics ay. Not surprised to see KRudd challenge again, or succeed, but it has certainly shaken things up quite a bit. Not sure it'll help much in the election though. Labor is in for a Melbourne-esque performance I feel.
Except they only have to lose one election that way, we see it every week.

Not so bad being a labor supporter really.

Except of course that while the average Melbourne supporter is blessed with superior intelligence and wit, while continuing to support the club no matter what, nobody with any particular intelligence would ever just uncritically support a political party as though it were a football team.

Sadly though, many do take that approach.

In any case, while we've just seen the shameful scenario of an elected Prime Minister being deposed by a group of unaccountable and unelected media outlets, in a fashion never before witnessed in the history of Australian politics, at least it means the chance of avoiding an Abbott nightmare outcome is somewhat increased, since even if the Coalition win the election now, they won't control the Senate.

PS- Then again, Abbott wouldn't have even been anywhere near this position anyway without the whole mainstream media apparatus cheerleading for him.

In any case, while I'm definitely not a Labor supporter - nor ever a Labor voter - and never will be, my position is obviously far from pleasant, since I know nothing could be worse than an Abbott govt, being well aware of exactly what they would want to do in government - as detailed by their main "thinktank", the IPA.

And some elements of these plans have already been slipped out in various ways, through the phony Costello "audit" organised by the Newman LNP govt up here, amongst other things:

mkV4duK.jpg

http://ipa.org.au/publications/2080/be-like-gough-75-radical-ideas-to-transform-australia

And of course:

http://ipa.org.au/publications/2110/25-more-ideas-for-tony-abbott

http://anewnorth.ipa.org.au/

Amongst other cats let out of the bag recently, they've already announced their intention to push for that ludicrous Rinehart/IPA-concocted 'Northern Economic Zone' as spelt out in the link just above this paragraph, of course -> Northern Economic Zone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats mate!! anyone else have to put up with this rubbish ban on semester 1 results?
I would have cept I'm graduating. Girlfriend does. So stipid

Tertiary union's idea of industrial action is to ban results from being released, got half of mine so hope I don't have to wait long for the rest

What a joke. That does ring a bell, I don't think Melbourne was affected though which is handy for me.

Just such a bad option to effectively pass their problems onto the students... Plenty would have had issues with subject selection for this semester and the like.

Inb4 Wonna meltdown regarding the Murdoch press.

Not sure if you're serious there Dory.

Can't say I take the Murdoch press seriously enough at this point to bother with actual anger about them.

Fair to say only the most rusted-on Coalition/Abbott cheerleaders - like Dan26 on SRP, for instance - see News Ltd as anything more than a joke now when it comes to political reportage.

Same papers which screamed from the rafters about Slipper for many months on end, only to completely bury the story straight after the discovery of those scandals involving Ashby and the Liberals working in concert to misuse our court system as a vehicle for character assassination.

Straight after the Federal Court judge who heard Ashby's case spoke out about how fraudulent and frivolous the whole exercise was and called out the Liberals for their abuse of our legal system, buried the story completely.

Scarcely so much as a mention of anything to do with that issue in any Murdoch paper since that time.

Quelle surprise ;)

Never voted, never will.

No one can blame me for this countries failures when nerds, ranga's & crazy eyed people are voted in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back