Random Discussion - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrific & terrifying what is happening in Martin Place.

I have been glued to the TV since I got home from Chadstone several hours ago.

Thoughts & prayers are with all the hostages & their families.

Also stay safe all in the near vicinity of Martin Place.

This is crazy scary stuff. All over the news here in Hawaii too.

Hope everything is ok & everyone comes out of this safely.

The police and emergency services did an amazing job. My heart breaks for the family of the two hostages who were killed. It's so scary to think that all they were doing was buying a coffee in the morning and they got caught up in something so horrible.

Hopefully the Australian bail laws and conditions will be stringently assessed after this. It's a crying shame that it takes a violent incident such as this one to spur on action, but that's the way it is unfortunately.

The police and emergency services did an amazing job. My heart breaks for the family of the two hostages who were killed. It's so scary to think that all they were doing was buying a coffee in the morning and they got caught up in something so horrible.

Hopefully the Australian bail laws and conditions will be stringently assessed after this. It's a crying shame that it takes a violent incident such as this one to spur on action, but that's the way it is unfortunately.
I don't want to sound too pessimistic, but didn't we say the same thing after the Jill Meagher tragedy as well? Doesn't seem much changed after that when he should have already been behind bars. Can only hope that this puts more pressure on and forces change i suppose.

Was back in the city this morning at 7:30 and it's fair to say the mood was pretty sombre. Will take a while for the city to regroup from this one I think.
Definitely. It really seems like most people have pulled together for all this as well. Does that seem like the case too, or is it hard to gauge?

Definitely. It really seems like most people have pulled together for all this as well. Does that seem like the case too, or is it hard to gauge?
I would say so. Seeing people put flowers down at Martin Place was all a bit much for me to be completely honest. We're definitely a city in mourning.

It was a weird feeling coming in on the train this morning. It felt normal but so very different at the same time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad it's over. s**t about the 2 people that died. And I'm not too happy about the racism happening either.
The #illridewithyou hashtag is good to see though

The two hostages that passed have been identified as Tori Johnson (the Lindt cafe manager) and Katrina Dawson.

Tori lunged at the gunman when it appeared he was dozing off. His bravery allowed other hostages to flee the cafe.

Katrina was trying to protect her pregnant friend. She has 3 young children.

What an unbelievably brave act from both of them. Tragic loss of life :(

The two hostages that passed have been identified as Tori Johnson (the Lindt cafe manager) and Katrina Dawson.

Tori lunged at the gunman when it appeared he was dozing off. His bravery allowed other hostages to flee the cafe.

Heroes.

It's all too tragic. And these stories of the unbelievable bravery of the hostages that passed are just so heartbreaking.

They were in a coffee shop. This isn't right.

In what way is it different? Genuinely curious, not criticizing your opinion.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but Martin Bryant wasn't on parole was he? I know he had quite severe mental demons obviously.

This guy should never have even been on the streets.

I know you've put the religious aspect to one side but that also plays a major difference as well IMO. He may not have been a specific member of IS but IS gave him the idea of the seige. We were warned in September of an attack and sure enough, one has come. There is a fairly big religious side to what happened yesterday.

In no way am I condemning the religion, rather the extremists behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back