Random Discussion - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't quite put into words how much I hate modern 'news' media and do that feeling justice. Their sensationalism, focus on sex and celebrities and complete disregard for real issues and events around the world is shameful. I know they are a commercial entity and are just tailoring their product to their audience, but surely the average person isn't that ******* stupid, are they? God help me if they are...
Think about how stupid the average person is.

Then realise half the population is dumber than that.

Think about how stupid the average person is.

Then realise half the population is dumber than that.

Haha I saw that quote from Carlin - it's funny because it's true... :D

I dunno, maybe it's my lack of ability to feel real emotions (not quite Dexter style though...) or purely logical mind, but every time I see the news or read it online, it just makes me want to smash things and give up on life.

Honestly, were it not for the people I love, I could see no reason to exist. People are frustrating and material things are pointless.

It's why I avoid the media and rely on multiple non mainstream sources for news. It's a consumerism fuelled joke
Fair enough. I distrust some of those sources just as much though. The double-edged sword of the internet; incredible amounts of information at your fingertips that usually turn out to be false...

Fair enough. I distrust some of those sources just as much though. The double-edged sword of the internet; incredible amounts of information at your fingertips that usually turn out to be false...
That's why I take things from multiple sources. You can't trust 1

Hopefully we can have a couple of weeks free of any drama but I seriously doubt it.

Gee it feels like only a couple of days since I wrote that and in that time we have had a massacre in Pakistan and a mother stabbing her children to death in Brisbane. Yep it is the silly season.

Another week of avoiding the newspapers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually completely fed up with the concept of bbqs. I know they vary in style and quality but the majority seem to be some sort of pagan ritual of grey-black chunks of fatty animal product served in a cold slab on a wilting paper plate dressed in coleslaw milk, accompanied by sexist gender roles and loud, drunken idiots. Happy ******* Xmas.

I'm actually completely fed up with the concept of bbqs. I know they vary in style and quality but the majority seem to be some sort of pagan ritual of grey-black chunks of fatty animal product served in a cold slab on a wilting paper plate dressed in coleslaw milk, accompanied by sexist gender roles and loud, drunken idiots. Happy ******* Xmas.

Hallelujah brother...you forgot the slimey onions

Still smarts a little that the Lions Club knocked back your membership doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back