Random Discussion - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, had the misfortune to endure Garry Lyon at the International Comedy Festival on The Knuckleheads Show tonight, I was genuinely curious to see how he'd go ..

Wasn't impressed at all really. Sadly if appealing to the masses by indulging in crass vulgar jokes and using profanity is what comes across as humour these days, count me out.

Mind you, the Melbourne Comedy festival is accused of hiring, misogynist, homophobic, racist acts in the past few years. Will never understand why people seem to find comedians that denigrate women, gays or any kind of religious or racial group funny. That is absolutely the lowest form of humour (and btw Garry didn't make any of those kind of gags, just did toilet humour, just making a general comment on how crap the Melbourne Comedy Festival is these days)

Ugh, had the misfortune to endure Garry Lyon at the International Comedy Festival on The Knuckleheads Show tonight, I was genuinely curious to see how he'd go ..

Wasn't impressed at all really. Sadly if appealing to the masses by indulging in crass vulgar jokes and using profanity is what comes across as humour these days, count me out.

Mind you, the Melbourne Comedy festival is accused of hiring, misogynist, homophobic, racist acts in the past few years. Will never understand why people seem to find comedians that denigrate women, gays or any kind of religious or racial group funny. That is absolutely the lowest form of humour (and btw Garry didn't make any of those kind of gags, just did toilet humour, just making a general comment on how crap the Melbourne Comedy Festival is these days)

Appealing to the same people that The Footy Show does, I'd imagine.

Appealing to the same people that The Footy Show does, I'd imagine.

Sadly not, there was outrage over an American 'comedian' act appearing at the festival making derogatory remarks about women (including unbelievably jokes about sexual assault) ..

Things will never change till us men make a stand and vocally declare that does misogynistic jokes about women stops. Sadly so many blokes (certainly of my generation) are far too blase about this, and I've been accused of being a blouse wearing Politically correct lettuce by a work colleague once when I pulled him on his incredibly disgusting jokes about Aborigines, Arabs and, especially women. Luckily this story has a happy ending, the plonker got fired a few months later (on an unrelated issue) ..

Its this same Alpha Male mindset that thought BT's idiotic homophobic comments about Harry Taylor funny that really shits me.
That's toxic bullying which contributes to LGBT people like Ian Thorpe being stuck in the closet and suffering from depression and addiction.

Us (and I'm speaking as a bloke) just have to pull our head in, and realize that there is forms of humour that can be very hurtful and destructive.

Apologises for the long winded sermon, but I feel its important to make a stand against vile, gutter humour..

Wickzki your partner is on periactin isn't she?
Just came back from the docs after another migraine from hell yesterday and I'm off endep and onto periactin.

Yeah, that was me. It's worked wonders for her. She still gets the occasional headache but they're nowhere near as bad as what they were.

Fingers crossed I get the same results! Can't take much more of this.
Did they find out why she got migraines or are they just happy that they've been reduced?

I'm not sure. Have sent her a txt - she's in Brisbane today inspecting houses ahead of our move. Will get back to this asap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MEB have any medical professionals diganosed why you get migraines? Have you had a car accident and got whiplash? Or have you hurt your neck or back somehow. Have you always had migraines? Sorry for so many questions.

MEB have any medical professionals diganosed why you get migraines? Have you had a car accident and got whiplash? Or have you hurt your neck or back somehow. Have you always had migraines? Sorry for so many questions.

I've been getting migraines regularly since I was about 17 and just living with them but they've become unbearable. I have been to a neurologist but I wasn't happy with him. One doctor told me that it was hormonal so they put me on a pretty strong contraceptive pill to regulate my hormones but it's made no difference.

At the moment I'm getting an average of one debilitating migraine a week, and I've only managed to work 4 days a week for the last month. My boss is quickly getting over it and so am I. Last night was so bad that I was crying hysterically while HBF held three icepacks to my head, and I only got some relief after taking 6 panadol, 2 nurofen plus and an endep.

MEB that is the worse case I have heard off. My friend gets them but it is only when she is totally stessed out and has gone overboard with going out etc etc. Then she is literally shut off to everyone in a dark room and quiet.

No probs JR. I've tried kinesiology and meditation and other natural remedies but none of them work. I've tried exclusion diets and cut out gluten, dairy, etc at different times for 3 months each and none of it worked.

I hope these new tablets work cos I'm at the end of my tether!

Wickzki your partner is on periactin isn't she?
Just came back from the docs after another migraine from hell yesterday and I'm off endep and onto periactin.
Periactin as anti hist is awesome for a very small % of migraine sufferers so if u r one great
Endep is mostly used as a nerve pain agent
Migraines are complicated
Gp's are lazy and. Often flog patients off as soft junkies just wanting pain killers
Have you tried maxalt imigran etc?

Anyone know much about credit ratings & how they can be affected by taking on/closing multiple credit cards in a year?

Looking at taking advantage of a few current frequent flyer offers but not sure what it would do to my rating, if anything.
I worked in a bank a number of years ago and yes they may question why you have had had so many applications for cards but the main thing they are looking for is no defaults.

If they do question it they may also ask for proof that the credit cards are closed and no longer in use.

Anyone know much about credit ratings & how they can be affected by taking on/closing multiple credit cards in a year?

Looking at taking advantage of a few current frequent flyer offers but not sure what it would do to my rating, if anything.
Never had a credit card so i'm probably not the best help, but as long as you pay them off promptly i can't see how getting/losing multiple cards would make a difference to credit rating.

Never had a credit card so i'm probably not the best help, but as long as you pay them off promptly i can't see how getting/losing multiple cards would make a difference to credit rating.
How the heck do you get by without a credit card.

I have three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back