Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check this one out...

That Smith boy could play.

Carl had the worst ball drop in history but his snap from the pocket is Milne-esque.

And speaking of Milne... the ultimate irony becomes apparent in the last quarter. See if you can spot it.

Funny though after all these years, the game hasn't changed... Carl playing ruck / fwd when Mynott was rucking.

I could have sworn that Oung kicked 5 in this game, but he wasn't even playing.

Enjoy.

I lived close to Waverly and went there and got a job selling pies so I could watch the game as a 12 year old.
I made 42 cents, sat there and watched mainly :D

I used to stay up and watch F1s religiously. My favourite driver was Alain Prost. A very clever driver, possibly the best ever. I stopped watching when he retired.

I follow F1. For all of the tall at the start of the year about Mercedes being unbeatable, its been pretty good racing this year. And there's been enough off-track action to keep it interesting.

The Bianchi incident was horrible, though, and has put a huge shadow over the end of the season.

I follow F1. For all of the tall at the start of the year about Mercedes being unbeatable, its been pretty good racing this year. And there's been enough off-track action to keep it interesting.

The Bianchi incident was horrible, though, and has put a huge shadow over the end of the season.

I watched some of that Grand prix, and the rain at the start of it reminded me of the movie "Rush" that i had just watched. In the movie it was the Japanese Grand Prix at fuji, Lauder pulled out because it was too dangerous and Hunt drove to a place and the championship.
So when I went to bed I was thinking about the dangerous conditions just like the movie, and in the morning I heard about Bianchi.

For a few years a mob of us from Melbourne would drive to Adelaide most years to watch the race. The turbo cars sounded incredible.
I remember spending 300 bucks on a 1 inch LCD TV so I could actually follow the race while I was there.

Hoping we get a better polo next year, I didn't like this years at all.
I saw a sports shop in Alice Springs last week still selling Centrebet sponsored jerseys for $120. Hehehe collectors items.

I watched some of that Grand prix, and the rain at the start of it reminded me of the movie "Rush" that i had just watched. In the movie it was the Japanese Grand Prix at fuji, Lauder pulled out because it was too dangerous and Hunt drove to a place and the championship.
So when I went to bed I was thinking about the dangerous conditions just like the movie, and in the morning I heard about Bianchi.

For a few years a mob of us from Melbourne would drive to Adelaide most years to watch the race. The turbo cars sounded incredible.
I remember spending 300 bucks on a 1 inch LCD TV so I could actually follow the race while I was there.
I forgot that the race was on (it started earlier than most races), and so turned on about 5 minutes before the accident happened. There was a really ominous feel, and by that stage the sky was almost black.

That sounds great. Every year I seem to have something on on the Melbourne weekend. One of these years I'll finally get to a race..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bloody hot I need a Corona maybe 6

Anyone go the garage sale today? I didn't get a chance to, but looks like there were some absolute bargains
I went today, got our timing wrong after going to Grays earlier and got there 20 minutes early - surprised to already see a bit of a queue there (with the oldies already eyeing off and getting the pick of the B&F posters). I baulked at the match worn tops, bit light on for cash atm and thought they might've actually been cheaper than they were - still cheap at $50 but it's not like you can actually fit into one! Not to worry, as much as I wanted one of the debutants tops there will always be opportunities.

I bought a couple of banners and a spray jacket, I arrived hoping for a one of a kind type item (hopefully Lenny inspired) and was over the moon to get the banner which was in the background when Lenny announced his retirement! It's huge, but great to get a piece of Saints history and its a cracking picture of my favourite player too! I also chose a huge Jack Billings rising star banner (instead of the Dunstan one), it's killing me that I only picked up the one, I hesitated and it was gawn, it's too big even for a wall so I suppose it isn't the end of the world, it's gonna be my new one of a kind pool table cover!!

Anyone go the garage sale today? I didn't get a chance to, but looks like there were some absolute bargains
What sale?
The one at Moorabbin Oval. Picked up 4 player issue jumpers(one signed by Jimmy Webster) and and a team signed one. 250 dollars for the 5.

Some interesting jumpers were sitting on the grass. I saw a Hot cross bun one and a couple of old training ones. I was quite surprised at what they were selling.

Hope they do it again next year

Going back a bit further, 1957, Brian Gleeson won the Brownlow, did his knee in pre season training and never played another game. He played CHF and in the ruck. Neil Roberts was third in 1957, and won it the next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back