Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im quietly obsessed with them. I watched the Dark Knight about a month ago, the next night it was on TV and despite the ads making it about an hour longer i watched it again. Thats sad
Don't blame you mate that was a great movie. You'll never see a better Joker than Heath Ledger.

I gave Gotham a few episodes but it did basically nothing for me. Batman's villains just aren't as good without the main man.

Pretty much. Can't forget 8101.

I want to say that's either the dinosaur version hero one, or monkey one, because I know there's something in the 8000 range that was a "you know what, lets emulate 616 as sentint toothbrushes!" board discussion that went ahead.

They are way better than what's gone before.
I've been watching Gotham on TV too, but once again defeated by Marvel with "agents of shield"

I actually don't mind Gotham, but then I can spend hours watching old detective movies form the 50's so iono, maybe peculiar tastes are in play there. The thing with the whole Bat thing is that it's meant to be dark and gritty like Dredd without all the blood and drugs, and I think they're building that nicely whilst keeping with the overall absurdity of some of the thing (because really, some of Bats class of villains are atrocious). I do think it'll likely be cancelled after a season though, don't think they'll have the staying power for it unlike Agents which can tie into the movieverse.

But then we've got what, Agents, Arrow = Flash, Gotham, Constantine all hitting so I'd expect at least one to drop after their pilot season.

In other news, enough is enough with Peter Siddle. The sooner Harris and Pattinson are back the better, the guy just does not take wickets.

The problem ottap_nam & Rhino have is that they break down far too often, with both Mitch and Starc in the line up you don't need 3 strike bowlers, you'd like to sure, but for the moment anyway, Sids is the guy at the other end doing the job, sticking consistently to a line and building that synergy and pressure with the other end. Do keep in mind that Sids is the one who went through Younis (KHAAAAAAAAAANN) and simply produced height on a slow Dubai pitch to not clean him up cheaply whilst others have struggled to generate s**t on that pitch.

We've traditional struggled on any pitch that isn't either a green top or conducive to bounce, and IMO, Dubai is similar to playing in India or Sri Lanka except it's about 42 out. So I'd also not be reading much into this game bowling wise, it's the batting that has me worried.

I actually don't mind Gotham, but then I can spend hours watching old detective movies form the 50's so iono, maybe peculiar tastes are in play there. The thing with the whole Bat thing is that it's meant to be dark and gritty like Dredd without all the blood and drugs, and I think they're building that nicely whilst keeping with the overall absurdity of some of the thing (because really, some of Bats class of villains are atrocious). I do think it'll likely be cancelled after a season though, don't think they'll have the staying power for it unlike Agents which can tie into the movieverse.

But then we've got what, Agents, Arrow = Flash, Gotham, Constantine all hitting so I'd expect at least one to drop after their pilot season.

EVERYTHING is cancelled after one season. Except lame american sitcoms ( though I actually like BB Theory ) and lame drama's about doctors and nurses getting it on, or endless CSI, or Law and order shows.

First they put it on random time slots , then they cancel it because no-one is watching ( because they keep up with the random time slots ).

EVERYTHING is cancelled after one season. Except lame american sitcoms ( though I actually like BB Theory ) and lame drama's about doctors and nurses getting it on, or endless CSI, or Law and order shows.

First they put it on random time slots , then they cancel it because no-one is watching ( because they keep up with the random time slots ).

Weird timezone yes, I agree, but Agents is season 2 already, Arrow season 3, Flash S1E4, Constantine pilot ep, Gotham season 1 ep 5. I also expect Flash to die after season 1 as it's a joke spin off of Arrow, Arrow will persist because DC JLA, Gotham likely die after season 1 because hey, it's Batman, it's been done 47 times already, and Agents might only die when Agent Carter comes out (which is looking pretty schmick IMO) but otherwise should be a mainstay despite actually being boring as s**t, and, well, how long did Birds of Prey last for? 14eps 1 season?

IMO going to be DC that folds, their efforts are far too campy to be mainstay.

Weird timezone yes, I agree, but Agents is season 2 already, Arrow season 3, Flash S1E4, Constantine pilot ep, Gotham season 1 ep 5. I also expect Flash to die after season 1 as it's a joke spin off of Arrow, Arrow will persist because DC JLA, Gotham likely die after season 1 because hey, it's Batman, it's been done 47 times already, and Agents might only die when Agent Carter comes out (which is looking pretty schmick IMO) but otherwise should be a mainstay despite actually being boring as s**t, and, well, how long did Birds of Prey last for? 14eps 1 season?

IMO going to be DC that folds, their efforts are far too campy to be mainstay.

OK I exaggerate, but I've stopped watching Arrow , simply because I've lost track of it..

The Cinematic Universe probably needs this season's Agents to be finished, maybe another one as well. Although this IS just based on my guesses on what will happen, including that they start introducing the Inhumans, although that could of course be done as an alt background for QS & SW, given they can't be Magneto's children, or even just mutants.

Daredevil comes out early next year. That'll be good. Can't believe it'll be another 4 years till Inhumans as well, if anyone picks it up.

And yes, 8101 was the Ape-vengers.

Needs more chicks named Garner in it to be a successful Daredevil.:p

Agents of Shield is already dying. Less and less people are watching it every week, that show needs a miracle.

I personally think it'll persist to just after Age of Ultron, since it'll be needed to tie into Civil War which Marvel are doing with Cap, then Agents will either be reworked to be a Heroes for Hire kinda thing (since I'm viewing Agents as a sort of trivia thing, explaining that the infitity gems which are supposed to be gems are going to be anything and that metahumans are Kree based, aka Inhumans & "miracles" since mutants are tied up with Fox) then it'll die a slow painful death. So season 3 - midway though 4 it'll be cancelled or otherwise fade the hell into obscurity never to be seen again.

OK I exaggerate, but I've stopped watching Arrow , simply because I've lost track of it..

I think, from what I can recall anyway, it goes a bit like;

Season 1: "Holy hell I'm having flashbacks of nam. KILL ALL THE BOOKPEOPLE!!!1"
Season 2: "I've come to terms with Nam and reading, only now I'm Jean Claude; Damnit Dolph stop killing everyone already! Live;Love;byesis"
Season 3: "Yay s**t was saved and it all wor-goddamnit. You know, I wasn't always marooned, hi again sis and seeeecreeets..."

Suffice to say that at this stage, they're all relatively stupid, but out of all of them, there's a reason why Arrow and Agents have persisted past the 1st season, which probably means that Gotham will be the one that remains out of the rest, and Constantine isn't connected at all so might be good.

The Cinematic Universe probably needs this season's Agents to be finished, maybe another one as well. Although this IS just based on my guesses on what will happen, including that they start introducing the Inhumans, although that could of course be done as an alt background for QS & SW, given they can't be Magneto's children, or even just mutants.
So funny all these legalities. Not allowed to say the word mutant, Ultron can't be made of adamantium, so petty.

Agents of Shield is already dying. Less and less people are watching it every week, that show needs a miracle.

apart from how hot chloe bennett is, there really is no incentive for me to watch the show. The storylines are so dry, I lost interest after about 6 episodes into that first season.

Another show that's been getting progressively worse, is Suits. Not sure if many of you lot have watched it, but it's too melodramatic, I wish it stayed with the whole, using mad lawyer skills to win small cases and helping the 'little' guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had an interesting experience at AAMI park today at the rugby. Showed up at where my seat was and well this is what was allocated to me:

6FwsSya.jpg

Now I'm an able bodied person who has no need for a wheelchair. Needless to say the isle attendant was just as confused as I was. At least she was nice about it and just said sit in the seat next to it.

About 30 minutes before the match starts and two maintenance people show up with two chairs and bolt them into place.
hYxzjs2.jpg

I wonder how they forgot to put a seat in!

Can't believe they made so many season's of the old "Stargate SG1 " series. My 16 yo daughter is hooked on it and is up to season 7. ( After season 10 I assume she'll want Atlantis ).
The wife and I are going through Atlantis right now. She started getting into it with me without having ever watched SG1, so it's fascinating watching it with her - Dan Carter comes in or whatever, and she has no idea they've got this massive backstory.

Can't believe they made so many season's of the old "Stargate SG1 " series. My 16 yo daughter is hooked on it and is up to season 7. ( After season 10 I assume she'll want Atlantis ).

Don't forget SGU. Underrated as a series. Aldo the 2 extension movies to SG1 and the original with Kurt Russell.

I highly recommend your daughter to watch Firefly if she hasn't already.

Farscape is also good. It's a bit more heavy on the scifi stuff but they don't take themselves very seriously (one of the main characters farts helium when he is nervous). I'm pretty sure the writers were doing lots of drugs when they were making it. Some of the episodes are amazing.

Here is the Farscape parody that was in Stargate (two of the main characters in SG at the time were in it):

I have Firefly (absolutely superb series) and the movie, Serenity, which was created as a compromise to the cast and crew when the series was stupidly cancelled. Excellent suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back