Random discussion thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Impossible to verify, but this is apparently a six word short story that Hemmingway wrote to win a bet. Supposedly brought tears to some readers.

6%20words.jpg

Forget sharpened toothbrushes, check out this prison weapon:

crossbow_big.jpg

"Penitentiary inmates, particularly those serving lengthy sentences, often find inventive inspiration in those passing hours and days. One convict at medium-security Stony Mountain Institution in Manitoba, near Winnipeg, turned his time and creativity to the fabrication of a remarkable weapon. It might rank among the most ingenious ever found inside a Canadian prison, not solely for its remarkable design, but also because of its lethal potential."

http://www.cancrime.com/2011/04/29/10-deadly-toothbrushes-lethal-convict-ingenuity/

Fantastic to see a Royal Commission has been announced re the abuse of children. That NSW police officer is a very gutsy guy. Hats off to him for standing firm, using his position and speaking out so publicly. Let's just hope the commission has real teeth and bites some of these *ers ******* hard.

And then this: http://www.paranormalnewscentral.com/featured/hoaxes/494-time-traveler-exposed

It's a great idea, nevertheless.Bit like this from a couple of years ago.

Let me explain: was reading a draft of a journo/writer's piece on time travel in popular culture, both the hoaxes and the weird unexplained photos. It's interesting from a cultural perspective. Not sure if there's anything out there though that can remotely be called evidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love this bit of urban improvement from Germany.

They wrapped alumininum bands around an old chimmney which reflects the sky and makes it look like parts of it float.

IBleedBrownNGold

asdfg_osi_skystack_d2n_01_m2nl.jpg

More pictures here.

Love this bit of urban improvement from Germany.

They wrapped alumininum bands around an old chimmney which reflects the sky and makes it look like parts of it float.

IBleedBrownNGold

More pictures here.

Ahhh...the old disappearing chimney trick. A great idea for those pesky eyesores. ;)

Thanks for posting, Grizz. Love it.

Wowsers! That's nuts, man!

Isn't it a cultural bender? Has to be made in the real world. Takes many time-consuming hours executing something that's highly skilled in a traditional fashion. Then it can only exist the way it's intended online as a low resolution file. I love it.

Hey guys, sorry to intrude. Inspired by the brilliant "Top 100 Movies/TV Shows" threads on the Media and Entertainment board (definitely check 'em out if you haven't - they're great), I thought I'd create one for video games which can be found here.

Would really, really love your input so we can have a bigger sample size and therefore more accurate results.

Cheers. :thumbsu:

PS: If this is deemed to be on the wrong board, feel free to move it mods.

Hey guys, sorry to intrude. Inspired by the brilliant "Top 100 Movies/TV Shows" threads on the Media and Entertainment board (definitely check 'em out if you haven't - they're great), I thought I'd create one for video games which can be found here.

Would really, really love your input so we can have a bigger sample size and therefore more accurate results.

Cheers. :thumbsu:

PS: If this is deemed to be on the wrong board, feel free to move it mods.

No worries. Will check it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back