Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't remember where I was sitting at that match but just remember Burkey and Cookiemonster taking out North's ruck man who I have just gone blank on his name. That was when all the Saints fans near me went ******* feral (me included)- it was like lord of the flies with people hoping he'd be dead or in a wheel chair. It absolutely erupted, it was like circuit breaker moment and the relief set us all off. I took a family member who was an older lady and had been a North fan as a kid and a whole bunch of Saints mates. I don't think she would have gone back to the footy again after that.
They sandwiched McKernan, brutal stuff.

i can't remember where I was sitting at that match but just remember Burkey and Cookiemonster taking out North's ruck man who I have just gone blank on his name. That was when all the Saints fans near me went ******* feral (me included)- it was like lord of the flies with people hoping he'd be dead or in a wheel chair. It absolutely erupted, it was like circuit breaker moment and the relief set us all off. I took a family member who was an older lady and had been a North fan as a kid and a whole bunch of Saints mates. I don't think she would have gone back to the footy again after that.
that was McKernan. I recall a lot of rain but a lovely evening, crystal like in its clarity. Very fine match which should have translated into success the following week.

1454662528343.jpg

The Dockers coach is changing his style of leadership as he continues his quest for an elusive AFL flag.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-new-lyon-still-chasing-the-old-goals-20160205-gmmjwe.html

Keep chasing ya bastard!!! :p

Keep an eye out in 2nd tier of the Ponsford stand, front row. A good looking bloke in his late 20s with a beer in his hand welling up in the eyes late in the last qtr:p

Why you telling them to look out for me? :D

Was an awesome atmosphere. I clearly remember walking to the pub numb that I was finally going to see our boys in a GF. Sadly, as always seems to happen for us, things just all fell apart the next week. :(

Was very pleased late last night to hear the presenter on SEN overnight show (never know which one is which with them) absolutely rip into the thugs who do that sort of stuff at the soccer. Stressed it wasn't the majority of Wanderers fans, just thugs who are damaging the image of the sport and that no-one wants them at the games..

..also said just because it's done in Europe doesn't mean it must be done here.

He was really fired up about it and good on him for it:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1454761939438.jpg

Victory Vs Wanderers
Flares at Soccer games again:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Why the hell would a grown man wanna take a flare to a gameo_O? Grow the F*** UP fellas.

And for the record im not rubbishing the sport of Soccer. Just the Knobs taking Flares in.

I'm just glad they don't have the stupid vezuvela's here

I'm just glad they don't have the stupid vezuvela's here
im guessing you meant those stupid 'vuvuzela' horns mate.
Yeah they are extremely bloody anoying arent they.
BUT at least they arent illegal and dangerous like flares are.
Flares have nothing to do with 'passion' or 'culture' of the sport. Just dickheads causing trouble.

im guessing you meant those stupid 'vuvuzela' horns mate.
Yeah they are extremely bloody anoying arent they.
BUT at least they arent illegal and dangerous like flares are.
Flares have nothing to do with 'passion' or 'culture' of the sport. Just dickheads causing trouble.
Yep

Everytime I watch the Super Bowl half time entertainment it reminds me of how much the AFL gets it wrong almost every year for the Grand Final.
It's like they have no imagination, is run by someone pinching the pennies and/or is about 10 years out of date.
Why is it so hard?
FGS spend the money and give us something to be proud of!

Everytime I watch the Super Bowl half time entertainment it reminds me of how much the AFL gets it wrong almost every year for the Grand Final.
It's like they have no imagination, is run by someone pinching the pennies and/or is about 10 years out of date.
Why is it so hard?
I hear ya but Super Bowl tickets cost an absolute fortune because of it!
I'd rather keep our GF with good Aussie bands at half time. Keep it Aussie and unique.

I hear ya but Super Bowl tickets cost an absolute fortune because of it!
I'd rather keep our GF with good Aussie bands at half time. Keep it Aussie and unique.

I still think they could do yet another stupid reality TV show.
You get a heap of local bands , they play half time entertainment throughout the season.
As the season winds to a close some of them are getting more popular and have been featured on TV.

By the time you get to the Grand Final you get a winner playing their big hit.

By default they sound good in a Stadium.

Why is it so hard?

Id rather they do nothing than waste money on huge acts. It doesn't change the crowd numbers. AFL footy is enough unlike the super bowl that goes for 4 hours but actual play in about 20 minutes.

I kind of LOL'd when they got Meatloaf BEFORE he sang.
I'd seen him in a small club in between his original hits and his "Back into hell comeback"
Yeah i got my 20 bucks worth, but i really didn't see it as a big act.

Thing is it either has to be an Australian act or an overseas act who is "Already going to be here" because no-one will fly out here for 2 or 3 songs at half time unless they are paid really really stupid money.

I still think they could do yet another stupid reality TV show.
You get a heap of local bands , they play half time entertainment throughout the season.
As the season winds to a close some of them are getting more popular and have been featured on TV.

By the time you get to the Grand Final you get a winner playing their big hit.

By default they sound good in a Stadium.
No not MORE reality TV! :eek:

There's plenty of good Aussie bands. (That have come through with proven talent. Not by winning a competition) Keep it local. It's the AFL GF and we love it. It shouldn't be trying to be something it's not. It's a waste of time and money. You watch it for the game not the halftime entertainment. It's uniquely Australian and we should keep it that way.

No not MORE reality TV! :eek:

There's plenty of good Aussie bands. (That have come through with proven talent. Not by winning a competition) Keep it local. It's the AFL GF and we love it. It shouldn't be trying to be something it's not. It's a waste of time and money. You watch it for the game not the halftime entertainment. It's uniquely Australian and we should keep it that way.

That's what i was getting at though. Use local bands at half time throughout the season, give them exposure as they go, then use the best ones for the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back