Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly had a heart attack when I saw the headline "AFL family mourns passing of Alan Richardson"!

Need to clarify he was the Richmond player and not the current Saints coach.

this is a bit random, so I parked it here. At the Latrobe Football Ground near Devonport is a memorial to the Doc. There is some history on some plaques around an excellent bronze statue of the great man, celebrating his history at SKFC, as a footballer and coach in Tasmania, a horse trainer and politician. Well worth a look.

Watching 2010 Rnd 17 Hawks V Saints on fox, God we were a good side and Milne was a Super Star player

I recommend going into the Rants thread in the Animal Enclosure and having a read of Murraj1966's post. Never hurts to have a bit of perspective.

In so much as a follow up in case anyone is interested dad sadly passed on Wednesday morning. He was a great man who inspired a lot of my interests but mainly he got me into following the saints and I'm eternally grateful for that.

Someone on TV tonight did a great piece on him as well: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/03/vale-joe-murray.html

In so much as a follow up in case anyone is interested dad sadly passed on Wednesday morning. He was a great man who inspired a lot of my interests but mainly he got me into following the saints and I'm eternally grateful for that.

Someone on TV tonight did a great piece on him as well: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/03/vale-joe-murray.html

We are all grateful he brought you to the Saints Murraj1966. So sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. From the link you posted he seemed like one of the good guys, and very much admired. Condolences to you and your family.

Well put it this way; at least we could beat (flog) the Essendope top ups unlike Melbourne.
Didn't even know it was on, was to busy watching Watson ducking for cover as the ball kept going past his face.

Same here. Doing alright now thank Christ
That was some scary bowling he was facing, boy it was a great spell of bowling

It was awesome cricket to watch - we were lucky Rahat dropped him.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to hear that Murraj1966
He produced some great TV shows and obviously loved comedy and music.
Good thing he seems to have had a well-developed sense of humour, barracking for the Saints.
Ironically, in New Orleans, the club song was "traditionally used as a funeral march at "jazz funerals. While accompanying the coffin to the cemetery, a band plays the tune as a dirge" (Wikipedia)
Respect and condolences to Joe, your family and all his friends

I had a thought today that if India beat Australia tomorrow it might be good promotion from the club to shout a few of the cheersquad to the final with Red, Black and White flags with Silverferns on them, I am sure it would get a run on NZ TV and raise our profile over there.
I really hope the Aussies win the final though.

Anyone going to watch Kosi and Aussie playing together on Saturday night out Pakenham way? Be great to see them team mates again. Playing for Corra Lyn.

Anyone going to watch Kosi and Aussie playing together on Saturday night out Pakenham way? Be great to see them team mates again. Playing for Corra Lyn.
Sounds like a radio breakfast show team.

Very good chance I will go and have a look

Great game of cricket at the SCG. Very proud of the performance of the men in blue, win, lose or draw. Here's hoping we can scare them :)
I feel for you, buddy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back