Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm over movies that are fantasy fluff BS basically. When I watch a movie these days, i want to be challenged to watch it, I want to feel like i shouldnt be watching it because some of the content is a bit out there.

The best movie ive ever seen is Pan's Labyrinth. Closely followed by Irreversible.

Sure, i do like watching movies for pure entertainment value, like the F&F franchise & The Avengers etc, but gimme a movie with real hard raw thought provoking substance anyday.

Highly recommend:

The Orphanage
Antichrist (not for the faint hearted)
Oldboy (the original Korean one)
I Saw The Devil

Seriously, if you like a bit of a violent revenge thriller/drama, you'd be hard pressed beating I Saw The Devil

All will stay with you for a while & maybe even make you feel a little uncomfortable, but that what a good movie should do IMO.

I'm a big fan of Pans but Irreversible.....the SCENE is way over the top. It ruined it for me and took away the enjoyment factor. Nowhere near as messed up as A Serbian Film. That's easily the most messed up film I've attempted to watch. I had to switch it off.

Old Boy is one of my fav Korean/Foreign films. But I prefer the kung fu movies although the mafia genre is good too.

Some of my personal foreign favs:
Once upon a time in China series
Iron Monkey
A Bittersweet life
Infernal affairs series
The Raid
Ip Man
Ong Bak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of Pans but Irreversible.....the SCENE is way over the top. It ruined it for me and took away the enjoyment factor. Nowhere near as messed up as A Serbian Film. That's easily the most messed up film I've attempted to watch. I had to switch it off.

Old Boy is one of my fav Korean/Foreign films. But I prefer the kung fu movies although the mafia genre is good too.

Iron Monkey
A Bittersweet life
Infernal affairs series
The Raid
Ip Man
Ong Bak

Have you seen I Saw The Devil?

It's a ripper. Has the actor from Old Boy in it, as well as the guy who plays the young Asian assassin in Red 2 with Bruce Willis & co

Have you seen I Saw The Devil?

It's a ripper. Has the actor from Old Boy in it, as well as the guy who plays the young Asian assassin in Red 2 with Bruce Willis & co

I just looked up I Saw the Devil and was about to post that it's def on my to see list. The young Korean guy is also in A Bittersweet Life which spiked my interest. I think you would like it if you are into revenge flicks.

A Serbian Film....do not watch

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-to-fasttrack-the-saints-20150416-1mmmji.html

David Armitage's new job: to fast-track the Saints

Emma Quayle
1429180172719.jpg

Armitage never wanted to be anywhere other than St Kilda, even given his long wait. Photo: Wayne Taylor

David Armitage had half an ear almost torn from his head as a teenager, but kept playing. Last year he cut his knee open so badly that he could see through to the kneecap, but he had the wound stitched up and went back onto the ground.

He knew, looking around at the start of summer, that he was surrounded by young midfielders and that it would be up to him to do even more of the hard work than usual. But he didn't need to think for too long about how he could best look after them, or show them what they needed to do.............

Love the new clash strip....not as good as the candy stripe (I still hope they bring that back one day) but still worth splashing some cash on!!

Love the new clash strip....not as good as the candy stripe (I still hope they bring that back one day) but still worth splashing some cash on!!
Be prepared for an ego hit/boost... I'm not a big dude, and I'm still an XL....

It's done on chest size... if you're 100cm-plus, you're an XL.

They're tight as.

Might go for XXL then just to be safe, (plus I prefer the baggy home boy look anyway)

Yo yo dawg: "pack it up pack it in, let me begin, I came to win by all means that's a sin...."

Iron Monkey
A Bittersweet life
Infernal affairs series
The Raid
Ip Man
Ong Bak

My current ex GF was Asian and she loved Korean cinema so I watched a lot. Luckily for me it wasn't just the romantic drama or comedy but also action. Old Boy is one of the best. So much so I can't watch the American remake. Battle Royale is pure genius! Also Red Cliff was bloody good too....

My current ex GF was Asian and she loved Korean cinema so I watched a lot. Luckily for me it wasn't just the romantic drama or comedy but also action. Old Boy is one of the best. So much so I can't watch the American remake. Battle Royale is pure genius! Also Red Cliff was bloody good too....
I thought Red Cliff was a great movie. Also loved The Warlords which stars Jet Li.

Current ex GF? :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old boy was an epic movie, kinda twisted but still awesome. Was unaware of a remake but not a chance I'd go there.

The full 6 hour version of Red Cliff is a masterpiece.

For anyone into martial arts films I highly recommend "The Raid: Redemption" and it's sequel. The fight choreography is mind blowing.

Yes I mean the most recent ex GF. Like most people the older you get the more ex GF's you have (assuming you swing that way)!!
Ah, that makes sense. Sorry, just the phraseology foxed me for a second.

I see your deep movies and raise you a blockbuster! Just saw a leaked Batman vs Superman trailer, so awesome.
Any look at Gal Godet's performance as Wonder woman? Still VERY unconvinced by that casting.

Yes she was...I included that comment because she lived and breathed Asian cinema which contributed to this conversation....I hope you're not making me justify that comment???
yes, but I hope she still is Asian? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back