Random everything AFL question thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you've got good hair and aren't balding, why not let it grow and do something with it?
Why not do both?
rPLed4V.jpg

Why do all the stars that we can see appear to be a similar distance away. Wouldn't it make more sense if there was a gradual reduction in the size of stars that we could see?

This relates to football because games are played at night.

Because the stars are so far away that your not actually seeing the star what your seeing is just a point source of light!

Because the stars are so far away that your not actually seeing the star what your seeing is just a point source of light!

Also factoring in that some stars burn brighter than others.

Why do players receive a push in the back free when no one even touched them?

The other thing... when an umpire gives a deliberate; how does the ump know what the player was thinking?

Have you noticed the shot clock continue to count down seconds after a goal is scored? Why does this happen? Shouldn't the clock stop as soon as the goal is scored?

Why do some players loose their hair in their early 20's?

Because umpires hate Port and try to sabotage them in each and every game they play. Everyone knows that.

Clock stops after the umpires signal? I think.

Baldness is genetic. Why do so many Port fans lose their teeth in their early 20's? ;)

-Anyone got a promotional code for SEN Inside Football subscription?
-Anyone got a link to somewhere where you can purchase 2015 AFL Fixture Wall posters?

Was wondering this the other day
Did the bloke selected in the GWS mini draft (Omeara, Crouch, Martin and Hogan) drop out of school at the end of year 11 or did they continue school in a new state while also training with the AFL club and playing in the reserves matches?

Why do you get four points for a win and two for a draw? Why isn't two points for a win and one for a draw?

This is (was?) to give the league more flexibility with deducting points from teams as punishment for whatever crime they may have committed, without having to go into the decimals. So for example the league could deduct 1 point, or 3 points for disciplinary reasons and the team's total points would still be a whole number.

If you've got good hair and aren't balding, why not let it grow and do something with it?
Because they're professional footballers and not musicians nor fire stick twirlers ?

You don't see many coppers, firefighters, soldiers, boxers, mma fighters or cricketers with long hair.

However, I also think it's idiotic the way some clowns on this forum give s**t to footballers who tie their hair back and laugh at their "bad hairstyle", as though they walk around with their hair like that all the time. It's purely for practical purposes while they're playing footy. But it would be even more practical if they just kept it short.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you noticed the shot clock continue to count down seconds after a goal is scored? Why does this happen? Shouldn't the clock stop as soon as the goal is scored?
The time will keep going until the goal umpire has signalled that it was a goal.

When was the last club to actually change their song?
I North are having theirs re-recorded by You Am I in a more modern version, including the "Hearts to hearts" part. The new one will be used only in home games, but hopefully it'll be sh1t and they'll return to the Fable Singers version.

Who dya reckon cometti supports
West coast
My question: when naming the teams on paper, why were they previously forwards down to backs, but have reversed?
Unless this is an eastern States way. For sure WA were forwards down, not sure about the eastern staters in Vic, SA & the rest

I North are having theirs re-recorded by You Am I in a more modern version, including the "Hearts to hearts" part. The new one will be used only in home games, but hopefully it'll be sh1t and they'll return to the Fable Singers version.
It'll only be played before the game, not after in a win.

SA still do forwards down I think
thanks
I'm glad it is an eastern states thing as well
I miss it
I now live in Melbourne so I doubt I'll see it again :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back