News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Ea have announced there E3 presser time.
The publisher will showcase upcoming products to media at 1:00PM PT on June 9. That's (I think) 6am June 10 aest.

Assassin’s Creed publisher Ubisoft has invited press to its E3 Media Briefing, taking place Monday June 9.
The event kicks off at 3pm LA time
So that should be just after the EA presser on June 10 at 8am aest.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
BmK1DleIUAAaYPi.jpg

BmK77NNIcAAQ33b.jpg

The rumour that Atari dumped a heap of unused ET cartridges has apparently been confirmed.

MS is making a doco about Atari as part of their original programming and I'm pretty sure they organized the dig.

I don't know if they organised it, but they certainly funded it and the doco.

It was Major Nelson who broke the news this morning.

Didn't want to revive the WWE 2K14 thread from November, but has anything come out about WWE 15 yet?

Didn't want to revive the WWE 2K14 thread from November, but has anything come out about WWE 15 yet?

Don't think so. I'll only buy it if it has a mycareer mode like NBA 2K (besides the bullshit VC), don't care about it otherwise.

Don't think so. I'll only buy it if it has a mycareer mode like NBA 2K (besides the bullshit VC), don't care about it otherwise.
I used to love playing through the scripted storylines (Road to Wrestlemania it was called I think, or just story mode) along with the GM Mode. This years iteration was so light game mode wise, if they bring those story modes back, GM Mode back and actual give the thing it's first sizable graphical improvement in years I'll be excited.

I used to love playing through the scripted storylines (Road to Wrestlemania it was called I think, or just story mode) along with the GM Mode. This years iteration was so light game mode wise, if they bring those story modes back, GM Mode back and actual give the thing it's first sizable graphical improvement in years I'll be excited.

WWE13 was the first I bought in years (was really cheap) and the attitude era mode was awesome, after I finished the mode I stopped playing because there was nothing else to do. Mycareer (create your own wrestler) is literally the only thing that could make me buy another one, I'm pretty sure there was a career mode in one of the SD games on the PS2 and RAW 2 on the OG Xbox and I enjoyed that at the time although it was pretty bare from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't sure where to post this, but some DotA2 player was robbed whilst streaming.

Seen it on Reddit and couldn't help but laugh at some of the comments;

"reported for afk"

"As she's being robbed the game says "Your tower is under attack." As if it knew..."

What these people don't understand is that R18+ games need to be treated the same as any other R18+ medium.

That is the recognition that it is for adults only. They might actually be on the money in regards to advertisement. But prohibiting the sale of the games altogether is an asinine move.

Now that the rating is in I can't see how any sort of legislation to ban their sale can ever by supported. The rating restricts the games to adults and therefore the concerned parents on the committee actually have no relevance concerning their children. Fair enough if their grievance is with sexual exploitation of minors in things such as beauty pageants (as stated) and maybe some music videos (haven't seen one in yonks so I can't comment) but I'm not aware of such things in video games. There is far more in family and M-MA15+ rating television.

I did a quick search on the members of the committee to see if what their backgrounds were to find out if they had some sort of agenda or something (religious, political etc) and found this on the chairman of the committee, Hon. Dr. Liz Constable,

In early 2011, Constable was criticised in regard to a Government policy which left children with no air-conditioning for new buildings outside the "air cooling zone" established by the state Government and so regularly subject to internal temperatures of heat above 35 degrees in more than 300 schools. Despite the Commonwealth providing the funding for the air-conditioning, the WA State Government, and Constable's department, did not allow schools to install the funded air conditioning in new building. Constable had said if schools arranged for independent contractors to install air-conditioning within 12 months of construction, it would void the building warranty.[7]

On 1 March 2011 when the problem became public, Constable said she would wait until a policy review was completed mid-year before deciding her position. However, on 2 March 2011, when it became know that Constable had been aware of the problem for over one year, she decided that Parents and Citizens' Association committees could install air-conditioners should they wish to purchase them themselves.[8]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liz_Constable

Well Ms Constable, I believe that if parents have an issue with R18+ content well they should just not purchase them for their children.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back