Random Things on Your Mind (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry mate didn't realise it was quite so serious for you, never herd of someone spending 3 months in hospital for keyboard poisoning. Seriously hope your all good now.
Dont worry mate I still like you! :p

You are the guy with a former avatar picture of a buggy???

After yesterday's events, I don't think I'll ever use the Cross Rd/Glen Osmond Rd intersection again.

How hard is it to take all trucks off the road until they've passed a roadworthy test?

After yesterday's events, I don't think I'll ever use the Cross Rd/Glen Osmond Rd intersection again.

How hard is it to take all trucks off the road until they've passed a roadworthy test?
Most trucks do once a year, taking them all of the road is impossible. Bigger fines to business probably would be the way to go.

Most trucks do once a year, taking them all of the road is impossible. Bigger fines to business probably would be the way to go.

Agree with bigger fines to businesses. Don't see why we have to be all nice about a basic requirement - your truck needs to be roadworthy in order to drive on it.

Agree with bigger fines to businesses. Don't see why we have to be all nice about a basic requirement - your truck needs to be roadworthy in order to drive on it.
Everything relies on trucks, food, electronics, fuel anything you buy and use in the day. It would be a nightmare if the just pulled ever truck of the road at once.

Everything relies on trucks, food, electronics, fuel anything you buy and use in the day. It would be a nightmare if the just pulled ever truck of the road at once.

Who says they have to all be off the road at once? Set a three-month moratorium (hell, make it six, I don't care), and give people time to fit it into their delivery schedules.

I don't like the thought that 'it's all too hard, things will be disrupted, let's just leave it as it is and hope nothing goes wrong'.

Who says they have to all be off the road at once?
You did :)
Something must be going wrong with the system atm, because it's my understanding. That all b doubles and trailers have to have an annual inspection. The truck that was pulled over on Tuesday was Victorian, I'm not sure on their rules, other than I know they are stricter with cars in relation to roadworthys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure on an article. Just heard it on FIVEaa.

Not sure which ride it was.

The Airmax. We took the kids into the Dog Pavilion about five minutes before it happened. Came out to ambos/police/security everywhere. Now I can understand why security was going so mental at people who just refused to get out of the way of the ambulance.

The Airmax. We took the kids into the Dog Pavilion about five minutes before it happened. Came out to ambos/police/security everywhere. Now I can understand why security was going so mental at people who just refused to get out of the way of the ambulance.

Ambulance should run them over. What s**t people who get in there way when they are trying to potentially save lives.

Ambulance should run them over. What s**t people who get in there way when they are trying to potentially save lives.

It was mainly old people in those gopher things and a few families. One woman in particular refused to respond to the security guy AND the paramedic who were screaming at her to get out of the way. Should have run her off the road. And as for the parents who didn't move over because their kids were carrying balloons etc - it was someone else's kid in the back of that amublance. Made my blood boil watching it.

I suppose its not fair to lay the boots into the parents, but what was the thought process of letting an 8 year old go on that ride??? I bet she was light and small frame too.

If she was let on by the operator, expect a law suit to come out of this.

That's what we were asking too. We've just had a day of telling our 10-year-old daughter that she was too young for ride after ride after ride. Now I'd glad we did.

That's what we were asking too. We've just had a day of telling our 10-year-old daughter that she was too young for ride after ride after ride. Now I'd glad we did.

You literally may have saved her life. Who knows why the poor girl fell to her death.

I dont care what anyone else says, some of those rides are dangerous and reckless for kids. I think if the child has a large frame then its not too bad, but a petite skinny girl being strapped in for a show ride is a poor parental decision.

The show will cop some heavy hits in the media, I cant see other parents allowing their children to go on dangerous rides.

I wonder if there was a good seat belt restraint in place. The owners will be feeling sick too, that ride is their meal ticket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back