Random Things on Your Mind (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

You literally may have saved her life. Who knows why the poor girl fell to her death.

I dont care what anyone else says, some of those rides are dangerous and reckless for kids. I think if the child has a large frame then its not too bad, but a petite skinny girl being strapped in for a show ride is a poor parental decision.

The show will cop some heavy hits in the media, I cant see other parents allowing their children to go on dangerous rides.

I wonder if there was a good seat belt restraint in place. The owners will be feeling sick too, that ride is their meal ticket.

I'm more than happy to let my kids go on rides in places like Sea World and Movie World but at the show, no way.

I'm more than happy to let my kids go on rides in places like Sea World and Movie World but at the show, no way.

Sea world is damn good fun, saw plenty of kids, nothing at all wrong here with them. Similarly Movie world as well.

The Royal Show is for mercenaries to milk money each year from patrons, that may sound harsh, but individually they dont care about the patrons IMO, some really rough types too.

I would rather take kids to those theme parks, knowing full well the safety implementations that are in place. Geez I forgot about those theme parks its been years, but I had so much fun, literally drunk with happiness when I was there.

I remember because I had a thrilling ride at SeaWorld and in the bedroom. ;):p

Sea world is damn good fun, saw plenty of kids, nothing at all wrong here with them. Similarly Movie world as well.

The Royal Show is for mercenaries to milk money each year from patrons, that may sound harsh, but individually they dont care about the patrons IMO, some really rough types too.

I would rather take kids to those theme parks, knowing full well the safety implementations that are in place. Geez I forgot about those theme parks its been years, but I had so much fun, literally drunk with happiness when I was there.

I remember because I had a thrilling ride at SeaWorld and in the bedroom. ;):p

LOL at the last line.

The rest of your post is spot on. You just look at some of the documentaries on when a theme park is implementing a new ride the amount of R and D and testing by experts in the field that go into it. Then you look at show rides hastily put together by some guys who look like they'd sell a TV in the back alley afterwards. It's a no brainer.

Then you look at show rides hastily put together by some guys who look like they'd sell a TV in the back alley afterwards. It's a no brainer.

Yes well put. They are really kind of feral and bogan in nature too. Most are ok people, some are really rough though.

There is plenty of rides for kids out there at the show. Dogem cars are awesome fun if you are a kid, where else can a kid go and crash into other cars lol.

Then there is the ghost train etc etc etc. Plenty of safer options and if you promise to buy kids show bags instead of the rides, trust me when they are back at home, they will be happy playing with their toys.

LOL at the last line.

The first time I went to the GC was with my girlfriend and we got a beach view penthouse room, beautiful as. Then I step onto the balcony and the most hypnotic stunning beautiful long legged woman sunbathing topless.

I literally thought I was in paradise, does it get better than that in Australia. :p

The Airmax. We took the kids into the Dog Pavilion about five minutes before it happened. Came out to ambos/police/security everywhere. Now I can understand why security was going so mental at people who just refused to get out of the way of the ambulance.
Ambulance should run them over. What s**t people who get in there way when they are trying to potentially save lives.

Having first hand emergency services experience (CFS) I can tell you that this is common. People simply do not move out of the way, it's almost like they enjoy rebelling against the authority. For example, new years' eve of 2013/14 we were responded to a major grass fire on the beach front/sand dunes. On approach, there were literally hundreds of spectators standing at the top of the cliffs. Being a popular tourist town, there were people everywhere. As we were pulling up in our trucks, lights and sirens full blast, people would simply not move out the way. You had to specifically stop and yell at each individual to get them to move.

The human race is full of stupidity.

LOL at the last line.

The rest of your post is spot on. You just look at some of the documentaries on when a theme park is implementing a new ride the amount of R and D and testing by experts in the field that go into it. Then you look at show rides hastily put together by some guys who look like they'd sell a TV in the back alley afterwards. It's a no brainer.

You just had to look at the state of the rickety old Mad Mouse in the years before they finally demolished it. I have no idea how that thing was still considered safe.

You just had to look at the state of the rickety old Mad Mouse in the years before they finally demolished it. I have no idea how that thing was still considered safe.
You're completely right. Had many of bruises as a result of that one. Very unsafe...

I think I heard on the radio it is still running somewhere.

You're completely right. Had many of bruises as a result of that one. Very unsafe...

I think I heard on the radio it is still running somewhere.

I know it's Wikipedia, but apparently it was dismantled and the cars auctioned off.

I too, was at the show today, saw 3 Ambulances drive past. Was wondering what the hell was going on. So sad to hear what happened, the poor girl :(

Never been a ride person myself, but have never and would never contemplate going on the rides at the show.

I know it's Wikipedia, but apparently it was dismantled and the cars auctioned off.

I too, was at the show today, saw 3 Ambulances drive past. Was wondering what the hell was going on. So sad to hear what happened, the poor girl :(

Never been a ride person myself, but have never and would never contemplate going on the rides at the show.
Interesting. I swear I heard Jane Reilly talking about it on FIVEaa. Perhaps I she was talking about a different ride.

Remember the Zipper? Awesome ride. I'm sure it was dangerous as hell but that was part of the thrill.

Most of the rides have those height limits - you must be this tall to ride. The little girl must have been tall enough but if she's a twig you can see how someone would slip under teh harness.

Almost need a height and weight limit.

Surely the rides at the Show would have to pass some sort of testing? It's probably been running for years without incident.

It was mainly old people in those gopher things and a few families. One woman in particular refused to respond to the security guy AND the paramedic who were screaming at her to get out of the way. Should have run her off the road. And as for the parents who didn't move over because their kids were carrying balloons etc - it was someone else's kid in the back of that amublance. Made my blood boil watching it.

My parents experienced similar first hand when we were kids at the show. My sister (2 at the time) had a massive fit while I was on a ride (I was 5 at the time) and ended up having to be rushed to hospital. Apparently the ambulance was constantly hindered by people refusing to get out of the way (and even some mucking around the ambulance thinking it was part of the show). Luckily my sister made a full recovery (after several weeks in hospital), but gee it makes you wonder how some people can be so dumb and still breathe.

Just as it's an offence for a vehicle to block an emergency vehicle's path, I think it should also be an offence for pedestrians to block an emergency vehicle's path. I'm sure if a couple of cops started detaining a few morons blocking the ambos and handing out tickets the crowd would've moved pretty quickly...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My parents experienced similar first hand when we were kids at the show. My sister (2 at the time) had a massive fit while I was on a ride (I was 5 at the time) and ended up having to be rushed to hospital. Apparently the ambulance was constantly hindered by people refusing to get out of the way (and even some mucking around the ambulance thinking it was part of the show). Luckily my sister made a full recovery (after several weeks in hospital), but gee it makes you wonder how some people can be so dumb and still breathe.

Just as it's an offence for a vehicle to block an emergency vehicle's path, I think it should also be an offence for pedestrians to block an emergency vehicle's path. I'm sure if a couple of cops started detaining a few morons blocking the ambos and handing out tickets the crowd would've moved pretty quickly...

It's really sad to hear that this type of behaviour is more common than I thought. Personally, I'd fit cannons to the front of an ambulance and give them permission to use them if they needed to ... but that's just me. :$

It's really sad to hear that this type of behaviour is more common than I thought. Personally, I'd fit cannons to the front of an ambulance and give them permission to use them if they needed to ... but that's just me. :$

Remove the cannons for cameras and take a photo of number plates and fine them.

Some drivers literally have no idea emergency service vehicles are coming up from behind.

Remove the cannons for cameras and take a photo of number plates and fine them.

Some drivers literally have no idea emergency service vehicles are coming up from behind.

Completely right. Driving Priority One (lights and sirens) is a hard and stressful task. Most cars do the right thing, but it only takes the one to make your task had and pose a danger. Even with flashing and beeping a horn, people refuse to move. I've had cars overtake me while I'm driving P1 and then slow down in front. Stupidity, stupidity everywhere.

Completely right. Driving Priority One (lights and sirens) is a hard and stressful task. Most cars do the right thing, but it only takes the one to make your task had and pose a danger. Even with flashing and beeping a horn, people refuse to move. I've had cars overtake me while I'm driving P1 and then slow down in front. Stupidity, stupidity everywhere.

I struggle to understand the stupidity on our roads at times. Ambo lights flashing and some drivers continue as if nothing is going on.

I would like to see fans implemented or drivers do some training (or at least part of the P plate test) when they see a ambo/fire/cop with lights flashing.

Our unit has had to drive on the wrong side of the road with cars heading right for us.

Seems to be a increase in CFA trucks get taken out by other careless drivers.

Our unit has had to drive on the wrong side of the road with cars heading right for us.

Seems to be a increase in CFA trucks get taken out by other careless drivers.
Yep, seems to be happening a lot. Seen a few Fire Appliance vs car.

Happened at Murray Bridge a couple of years ago as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back