Random Things on Your Mind (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Must have high levels of uric acid in his body. Traditionally people with gout have high levels of uric acid and can not break it down or the kidneys would dissolve the gout crystals.

That what the Nephrologist said when I was seen him.

Good luck with them. From what i've been told, they hurt like a mo fo.

The pain can be severe if you have not been given any prescribed painkillers , you have to take them straight away

Ta. Like pissing needles the old man says.

The large ones feel like scalpels

Ta. Like pissing needles the old man says.
Something to look forward to. Sounds fun.

Does everyone get them as I remember my old man saying he had them years ago, when I was a kid.
My old man get one stuck and he was in a world of pain.

I have had 4 now, first I would of been under 30 and I watched it roll to the drain along with the blood.

For me it starts with right hand back pain.

A friend did say that lemon juice and vinegar could cause them to want to leave, may be true of my first one or may be unlucky coincidence as it had nothing to do with my last 3.

Lemon Juice & drinking heaps of water makes no differents the stones pass when they are ready.

Some stones may never be passed unless you have lithotripsy treatment

Urgent Strike team text in 3...2...1

ABC Emergency ‏@ABCemergency 1m1 minute ago
#WAFires Pinjar #fire has crossed Old Yanchep Rd, for ppl on Nisa Rd it's too late to leave, leaving now would be deadly

Bushfire EMERGENCY WARNING for western part of Pinjar in the City of Wanneroo
Tuesday 27 January 2015 - 4:18 PM
A bushfire EMERGENCY WARNING has been issued for people in the western part of Pinjar in the City of Wanneroo.

• You are in danger and need to act immediately to survive. There is a threat to lives and homes.
• The alert level for this fire has been upgraded as the fire has crossed Old Yanchep Road and homes are now under threat.
• Homes on Old Yanchep Road from Sintra Road to Wesco Road, and Perry Road between Sintra Road and Dayspogon Road, including Nisa Road, are under threat by fire now.
The fire started south of Wesco Road near Hopkins Road. It is burning in forest towards Old Yanchep Road.
BUSHFIRE BEHAVIOUR:
• The bushfire is moving in a north easterly direction at 1 kilometre per hour.
• It is out of control and unpredictable.

WHAT TO DO:
For people on Nisa Road:

• It is too late to leave, leaving now would be deadly.
• You need to shelter in your home and actively defend it.
• Go to a room away from the fire front and make sure you can easily escape.
• Choose a room with two exits and water such as a kitchen or laundry.
• You must shelter before the fire arrives, as the extreme heat will kill you well before the flames reach you.
• Protect yourself by wearing long sleeves and trousers, made from cotton or wool, and strong leather boots.
• If your home catches on fire and the conditions inside become unbearable, you need to get out and go to an area that has already been burnt.
• If you cannot shelter in your home, a safer place you can go to is a local open space, shed, swimming pool, dam or building where you may go to seek shelter from a bushfire. This will give you some protection from the effects of a bushfire. Take water, woollen blankets and wear protective clothing.

For people in other parts of the warning area:

• If the way is clear, leave now for a safer place.
• Do not wait and see, leaving at the last minute is deadly.
• If your plan is to stay and actively defend, do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected. If you have access to a water tank and plan to defend your home, start patrolling with your hose and put out spot fires.
• If you cannot leave, you need to get ready to shelter in your home and actively defend it.
• If you are not at home, it is too dangerous now to return.
• Your safest option may be to visit family or friends who live away from the area.
• A temporary evacuation centre has been established at the Gumblossom Community Centre, on Tapping Way in Quinns Rocks.

SAFEST ROUTE:
• It is safest to leave in a southerly direction.
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT has been issued for people to the north of the above warning areas in the City of Wanneroo, including Carabooda and Emerald Valley.
• There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a fire is approaching the area and conditions are changing.
• You need to leave or get ready to actively defend.

WHAT TO DO:
• If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
• There is ember attack ahead of the fire, so close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
• If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
• Do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected. If you have access to a water tank and plan to defend your home, start patrolling with your hose and put out spot fires.
• If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.

A bushfire ADVICE remains for people in the southern and northernparts of Nowergup in the City of Wanneroo

Although there is no immediate danger for people in these areas you need to be aware and keep up to date.
WHAT TO DO:
• Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
• Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
• Read through your bushfire survival plan.
• If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
ROAD CLOSURES:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
A number of roads have been closed including:
• Old Yanchep Road between Cutler Road and Wattle Avenue
• Wesco Road between Gibbs Road and Old Yanchep Road
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
• 120 career and volunteer Fire and Rescue Service, Bush Fire Service and Department of Parks and Wildlife firefighters are on the scene.
• Aerial support is assisting ground crews.
• Firefighters are protecting houses in the area.
EXTRA INFORMATION:
• The fire was reported at 2.20pm on Monday 26 January.
• More than 350 hectares have been burnt.
• The cause of the fire is unknown.
• People are asked to report any suspicious behaviour to Police Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
• The City of Wanneroo is managing the fire.
• Telephone text and voice messages have been issued.

KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa, listen to ABC local radio, 6PR or news bulletins.
Updates will be provided every hour unless the situation changes

4 big ones around Perth no idea where crew is going now :(

Perth Today retweeted
Natalie Powell ‏@NatalieEPowell 18m18 minutes ago
Smoke continues to billow from #Nowergup #bushfire. Seen from #Clarkson. #WAfires #wanneroo pic.twitter.com/4SDmAUgmcE

Ross Duckham ‏@RossDuckham 17m17 minutes ago
Fire getting pretty close to the freeway near Mundijong Rd! @dfes_wa #perth @tweetperth pic.twitter.com/lq4ogHysR9
B8WHfX_CQAEzt8s.jpg

B8WHfYHCEAA19_n.jpg

The Liberal implosion continues.

6% swing to Labor in Davenport (though the Libs will still hold on), and Labor in the box seat to win the Queensland election (considering they only won 7 out of 89 seats in the last election, that's an epic turnaround).

The Liberal implosion continues.

6% swing to Labor in Davenport (though the Libs will still hold on), and Labor in the box seat to win the Queensland election (considering they only won 7 out of 89 seats in the last election, that's an epic turnaround).

There was a good article on the ABC website during the week about people voting more out of spite, rather than putting faith in the party they are voting for. It was certainly the case in the last federal election and seems to be the case in recent state elections. IMO lazy protest voting leads to bad governments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to redo the garden yesterday, especially the front yard, we've got the worst (utterly neglected) one in the street. Ripping out all the rubbish the previous owners planted.

Now, I'm 38, never found to be allergic to anything in my life. Practically indestrucible. Until I tried to cut down our giant cactus shrub.

Got the chainsaw, ripping out the leaves to get to the core, sap flying everywhere. Start feeling a bit itchy, i figure I've been sweating for a while, it's nothing. I scratch a little. And a bit more. My arms. My knees. Then my arms again. After about ten minutes of non-stop scratching I knew something was wrong; all tools were downed and it was cold shower and Solvol scrub time. I was so close to just telling the girlfriend, "make it stop". The only parts of me exposed were my forearms because the shirt sleeves were rolled up and my knees because i garden in an old pair of jeans with ripped knees. Thank God Almighty there wasn't more.

In about half an hour I'm going boots / pants / long-sleeves / mask with the chainsaw to get rid of it. Pray for me.

DREAM TEAM BUFF have you out to any yet?

Looks like I'm about to head out for be 9pm-9am shift.

Brookton highway fire , Rockingham fire from last week & Wannaroo fire from last week.

The whole town of Northcliffe is under full evacuation so the town could be wiped of the map before interstate help gets here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back