Random Things on Your Mind (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I should have said hundreds of dollars to make the choice more obvious.

Mate if someone had said I could go to South Australia all summer (our winter) and all they would do is give me room and board to continue playing baseball.

I would have said what time does the plane leave? ;)

On top of that get to charm allllll the Aussie women with my American accent during the rest of the time? :D

gameroom essentials is being kicked out of ingle farm shopping centre :(

Looks like Ingle Farm Shopping Centre were quite deceitful in getting GameRoom Essential into the Bowland site, allegedly making it out it was a long term lease when they had no intention of keeping them once Aldi were moving in. Centre management are getting hammered in social media over their conduct.

Really disappointing conduct by Ingle Farm Shopping Centre.

Looks like Ingle Farm Shopping Centre were quite deceitful in getting GameRoom Essential into the Bowland site, allegedly making it out it was a long term lease when they had no intention of keeping them once Aldi were moving in. Centre management are getting hammered in social media over their conduct.

Really disappointing conduct by Ingle Farm Shopping Centre.
yep - disgusting, but sadly unsurprising by centre management

hope danny can find another site, but I fear this might be it for him

yep - disgusting, but sadly unsurprising by centre management

hope danny can find another site, but I fear this might be it for him

Apparently they did similar to Red Rooster to get First Choice in.

I reckon this will be it too sadly - it looks like it's just too hard to find a suitable space. Disappointing as the place is an absolute gem that attracts such a diverse range of people.

I also note Ingle Farm Shopping Centre are in hiding - not responding to what is looking at close to 100 negative reviews and posts on their page.

Apparently they did similar to Red Rooster to get First Choice in.

I reckon this will be it too sadly - it looks like it's just too hard to find a suitable space. Disappointing as the place is an absolute gem that attracts such a diverse range of people.

Same thing happened down here at Woodcroft. The shopping centre kicked out half a dozen small businesses and brought in Aldi, and a heap of other corporate franchises.

There's only one thing you can do. Shop somewhere else.

Same thing happened down here at Woodcroft. The shopping centre kicked out half a dozen small businesses and brought in Aldi, and a heap of other corporate franchises.

There's only one thing you can do. Shop somewhere else.
whys that aldi's fault?

All sounds very suss to me, as far as I can tell the St Agnes management haven't done a whole lot wrong. They did move Neds down the bottom but gave them a new shop and people still flock in there. Fernwood also got a bit of a facelift so the missus tells me.

One thing they did lie about though was the parking. Centre told Aldi they would double the parking by extending rooftop spots when they fully knew the roof couldn't take the extra weight. Now we have a nice upgraded carpark, with less parks.

It's not. It's the Centre Management doing what's best for Centre Management. I know a couple of those small businesses who were forced to close, so I'm taking my business elsewhere.

I did have a chuckle last weekend, made the mistake of going to the bottleshop and Panatalinga rd was a 25 zone outside Woodcroft shops with signs saying community event. Since when is Aldi opening a community event

I did have a chuckle last weekend, made the mistake of going to the bottleshop and Panatalinga rd was a 25 zone outside Woodcroft shops with signs saying community event. Since when is Aldi opening a community event

In the thriving, metropolis, no-way-are-we-a-small-town place called Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So on each floor of the building I work in, there are two toilets. One of the two toilets in each case has an automatic hose, ostensibly for cleaning the toilet if it's ever necessary.

For some reason, on one of the floors, almost every time I go to use the toilet, the person who was there before me has flooded the seat with water. Absolutely soaking wet. It takes several loads of toilet paper to mop it all up so I can sit on it. This will happen at least a couple of times a week that I notice. Presumably it's happening every day, and I'm only unfortunate enough to be next in line some of the time.

Why would anyone do this? If you feel you really need to clean the damn seat with a high-powered hose, why wouldn't you dry it yourself?! Is it a cultural thing I'm not getting? I really don't get how anyone can think this is acceptable behaviour :(

Seaford train line sounded like fun this morning! Flow on effect was the tram was PACKED!

Going to get worse too. Limited diesels running from Adelaide to Brighton, meaning the Grange line is being run by buses due to insufficient rolling stock.

Don't suppose they could bring the jumbos out of retirement...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back