Random Random thoughts and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at the hawthorn premiership team to our best 22 is kind of similar I will compare them in my opinion in there positions to our teams position 1 means there not as good as the Hawks player or might not be. 2 is the same how good they are and 3 means they are better. These comparisons mean they are better players or will be better when they develop
Gibson3 Lake 2 Birchall3
Stratton 1 Frawley1 Burgoyne2
Hill 1. Hodge 3. Shiels 1
cryil 3. Schonmakers1. Smith 2
Gunston3. Roughead1. paul p1
Ruck McEvoy 1
Mitchell 3
Lewis 2
Bench Breust 3 duryea 1 hale 2 suckling 1

Bp Fb Bp
Buntine1 patfull2 Williams1
Hb CHB. Hb
Haynes3 Davis 3 Shaw 2
Wm. Ctr. Wm
Scully. 3 Ward 1. Whitfield3
Kelly 2. Patton 3. Palmer1
Mccarthy 1. Cameron3. Smith 3

Ruck Mumford 3
RR. Shiel 1
Conliglio 2
Griffen 3 Greene 3 Pickett 1 stewar2
A lot of this could change a lot of players can get better then there's or might not we will have to wait and see

Something random...
Just reflecting on fickle Dogs fans.
Last year, when Griff and Leon talked before the end of season, and Griff came to the Giants, Dogs fans were incensed! How dare Leon be so under-handed and devious.
This year, Beveridge texts Suckling to come on over. Surely Dogs fans must object to the deal, cos that's the same as what Leon and Griff did, and Dogs fans didn't like that!

Something random...
Just reflecting on fickle Dogs fans.
Last year, when Griff and Leon talked before the end of season, and Griff came to the Giants, Dogs fans were incensed! How dare Leon be so under-handed and devious.
This year, Beveridge texts Suckling to come on over. Surely Dogs fans must object to the deal, cos that's the same as what Leon and Griff did, and Dogs fans didn't like that!

They're a "REAL" victorian club. So the rules don't apply to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macquarie Centre and Hornsby... less so. Actually don't know about mugs specifically but those were the stores I've perused and was referring to above, just in case Sultan is near those.

Hey guys, sorry to disturb but I am moving to Sydney in the coming weeks and am looking to join the Giants as a member, we (Family) are Suns fans but will need to follow and immerse ourselves in a club.

Do you guys get together pre game for a drink and chat, are you looking for cheer squad members, what do you love most about the club?

Also as I am new to Sydney any advice on good family areas to live, things to do, lifestyle, restaurants etc would be awesome, just PM me. I will be working at North Ryde so we are currently looking at Balmain, Drummoyne, lane Cove and the Waveton / Woolstoncraft areas.

Lastly, Junior clubs and AFL masters advice would be great. I know I am asking a lot of questions but any help would be much appreciated.

Also as I am new to Sydney any advice on good family areas to live, things to do, lifestyle, restaurants etc would be awesome, just PM me. I will be working at North Ryde so we are currently looking at Balmain, Drummoyne, lane Cove and the Waveton / Woolstoncraft areas.

Got a couple of million $$$ handy? (especially for the mean streets of waverton/wollstonecraft)

Hey guys, sorry to disturb but I am moving to Sydney in the coming weeks and am looking to join the Giants as a member, we (Family) are Suns fans but will need to follow and immerse ourselves in a club.

Do you guys get together pre game for a drink and chat, are you looking for cheer squad members, what do you love most about the club?

Lastly, Junior clubs and AFL masters advice would be great. I know I am asking a lot of questions but any help would be much appreciated.

Welcome :)
As intimated above some of the areas nominated are more yuppie than family, and the family ones don't necessarily present value for money.
Depending on what you are looking for I'd suggest Castle Hill or Darling Point as possible alternatives..
Pennant Hills isn't far from Castle Hill and has a strong AFL tradition, not sure on Castle Hill itself.

The Hills district in general is a strong point for AFL, including Castle Hill.

As I sit in my office in North Ryde, having lived in the suburb for six years and in Epping for another five...

To drive to North Ryde you'd probably want to come from the NE (Chatswood) or W (Marsfield, Epping, Eastwood). It's a severe traffic snarl because of the number of jobs and the limited infrastructure. To catch the train you'll want to be Epping through to North Sydney.

Killara, Epping and Lindfield have good schools. NSW have catchment areas for schools where you can only get into a particular public school if you live within that area.

Hills District is relatively cheap. Anywhere closer to the city ramps up in price quickly, and the places you're looking at definitely pricey. I'm assuming you're fine with that. :)

Out of your list, I'd pick Waverton/Woolstonecraft area as best for family + work + general life. Easy access to Crows Nest/North Sydney shops and eating, can get into the city, plenty of green areas, and as long as you're near the train or bus it's easy to get around. It's also probably the priciest of the lot. Not much AFL in that area though, but it's popping up more often around the place - especially AusKick, though you'll be zoned to the Swans IIRC.

You'd be way out of our district, but the Penrith Junior Australian Football Club (aka the mighty Penrith Giants) will welcome new members.

In terms of juniors footy, the Sydney comp plays on Saturday and the GWS comp plays on Sundays.

We use our Giants memberships to get into the Show. Hope the free day is not Saturday :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back