Random Random thoughts and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2015-10-29/giants-statement
The Greater Western Sydney GIANTS were today notified that the AFL Competition Integrity Department had completed an investigation into a matter involving a bet placed in contravention of AFL rules by recruiting assistant Paul Brodie.

As a result of this breach of AFL rules Mr Brodie has tendered his resignation to the club effective immediately. He is also suspended from all duties in the AFL competition for the next 13 months.

Mr Brodie said he regretted breaching the AFL's rules in relation to betting on AFL matches.

"I have made a mistake which has let the club down, let down my family and friends, and let myself down, " Mr Brodie said.

"I am very sorry for the lack of respect I have shown for the rules and principles that maintain the integrity of our game.

"I will accept whatever sanction is imposed on me as an appropriate penalty. I have learned a serious lesson and hope others can also learn from my mistake."

GIANTS CEO David Matthews said any contravention of the games rules around integrity was a serious matter.

"The rules relating to betting are clear within the AFL competition," Mr Matthews said.

"Paul knows he made a very poor error of judgement and as such we have accepted his resignation. Any action that has the potential to undermine the game's integrity is clearly unacceptable and the consequences are rightly severe."

- See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2015-10-29/giants-statement#sthash.85k9ZIC1.dpuf

Dumb mistake by Brodie. In terms of his role at the club going forward, there was talk he was set to join SOS at Carlton anyway, so his resignation/suspension has little impact.

Dumb mistake by Brodie. In terms of his role at the club going forward, there was talk he was set to join SOS at Carlton anyway, so his resignation/suspension has little impact.

So looks like Phil Scully is pretty much the whole recruiting team now.

But surely this year we will get around to getting a replacement for SoS and now Broadie

Well his wage probably isn't too out of whack now!

How dumb Brodie...Galoot of the Year nominee along with Kyrgios and Carlisle

Yep - place a bet get sacked and rubbed out for more than a year.
Video tape yourself doing cocaine - no penalty at all

Screwed priorities somewhat?

Former giant simon Tunbridge has been delisted by west coast.

Also Ugle looks like he will be picked up in the rookie draft by FremantleFremantle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain to me how Dylan Addison survived the chop during delistings? Didn't play a senior game in 2015, played just five in 2014, is 28 years old, and has always been a limited fringe player (has played just 93 games total, and more than 13 games in a season just twice, in his 10 year AFL career). What real value does he hold?

Can someone explain to me how Dylan Addison survived the chop during delistings? Didn't play a senior game in 2015, played just five in 2014, is 28 years old, and has always been a limited fringe player (has played just 93 games total, and more than 13 games in a season just twice, in his 10 year AFL career). What real value does he hold?

Retired and now has a gig in our player welfare department

backpedal.gif~c200

Remove this Banner Ad

Back