Random Random thoughts and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Big congratulations General and to Mrs General too.

I've waited a day, so now I can hassle you to sign her up for the Penrith Giants Auskick. Who needs to be able to walk?
Isn't that what happens in AFL loving families? The kids can kick a footy before they can walk?

At 8pm last night a little lady Giant was born and the General became a father.
The 1st shirt she saw was a giants top as i held her for the 1st time.
Our membership just grew by one.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Congratulations to you & your wife.....the end of life as you know it .......but its all good fun

How good are the co-captains?
Cal Ward is practically above reproach, he leads each week from the inside.
And I loved Phil's half time bake last weekend v Essendon. Inspirational stuff.
Actually, I'm kinda surprised that no media picked up on this and highlighted just how well the club culture is served by out co-captains.

Actually, I'm kinda surprised that no media picked up on this and highlighted just how well the club culture is served by out co-captains.
Both fantastic role models, but also different enough to compliment each other. We have been very diligent in building a list of quality young men. These two set the standard for sure. I also think Scully is a great young leader.

This would mean positive media attention this.... Most of our media attention is reserved for players who are leaving/have left and the things we do wrong isn't it? :rolleyes:

This would mean positive media attention this.... Most of our media attention is reserved for players who are leaving/have left and the things we do wrong isn't it? :rolleyes:

Maybe in Melbourne. Sydney articles are reasonably positive. Might only be one a week, but generally positive.

ETA - Young master's K-zone has a picture of Cal Ward on the cover. Sure, the main pic is a Minion, but Cal's there and featured inside in the footy spread.

Gotta say the Sydney media has imroved toward us. Much friendlier compared to when we started. Not swans wanderers or nrl level yet but getting there. Especially how much of a family club we are

It's improved because we are winning games. This is Sydney after all. We'd dropped liked a steaming turd if we started losing far more than we win.

It's improved because we are winning games. This is Sydney after all. We'd dropped liked a steaming turd if we started losing far more than we win.
True but still they are improving as they see thay maybe we are a team people want to see. Public opinion is growing

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something has been bugging me for a while. At times on BF, in radio interviews and in print media a big deal has been made of some of the players not living in the west. Patful's interview with 2UE brought this up for me today - he and Griff live in Tamarama.

How many Bulldogs players live in Footscray? Or Essendon players live in the North-western suburbs of Melbourne? or Port Adelaide players live in Port Adelaide? or Geelong players live in Geelong?

In all of those cases there may be some, but I'd bet its only some. The suggestion seems to be that the club will only be deemed successful if all players are living in Western Sydney, when there are zero other clubs held to that standard.

Something has been bugging me for a while. At times on BF, in radio interviews and in print media a big deal has been made of some of the players not living in the west. Patful's interview with 2UE brought this up for me today - he and Griff live in Tamarama.

How many Bulldogs players live in Footscray? Or Essendon players live in the North-western suburbs of Melbourne? or Port Adelaide players live in Port Adelaide? or Geelong players live in Geelong?

In all of those cases there may be some, but I'd bet its only some. The suggestion seems to be that the club will only be deemed successful if all players are living in Western Sydney, when there are zero other clubs held to that standard.

You've only just noticed the hypocrisy? We also get hammered for not playing games in Western Sydney, let alone having our players live here. One bloke even posted a map once showing what was and wasn't western Sydney to prove his point. When it was pointed out to him that Spotless (then Skoda) was in fact, inside the pink bit he'd designated as WS, his position shifted to "not western Sydney ENOUGH"

There's no winning with some of these people. It's taken me a long time, but I've learned to just sigh and leave it alone.

It's a furphy from those who are just looking to tear the club down. There's literally no reason to listen to someone who raises this "objection" because as you note it's so specious.

Early round up of season performances, maybe a new thread for this..

Tomlinson_Injury has cruelled his season, but the jury is still out on his best position. He is not totally adaptable. I don't believe he is good enough below his knees with the ball on the deck to be considered a natural wingman. Not strong overhead either, so can't expect pack marks from him. If every team had a Nick Riewoldt, then Tommo would get a game each week as a 'tall' tagger. Which is still the only possie that makes sense for him. Perhaps if he was a super reliable kick for goal he could hold down a spot , or vy for one with WHE.

Hoskin-Elliott_Kicked 5 against WB at 2014 end. 5!! Nothing even close to that this year, he and Leon have no idea of his best role. A real 2015 anti-climax for him. He needs space forward to run and jump, is not a mid-fielder, but seems to have been crowded out in the forward line by Cam.

McCarthy_Could not have asked for more from a young player. Was rightly rested 4 or 5 weeks ago, and it should have stayed that way. Another pre-season will extend his impact and durability.

Toby Greene_Knocks against his kicking and 'judgement' aside, he's a grunt player that I love supporting. Team always looks better with him in it.

99.99999% that's bullshit. NRL put eyeballs ahead of dollars by giving an extra game to FTA and premium games too instead of kowtowing to Foxtel, so News Corp papers are all piling out how ****ed up the NRL is to try and avenge themselves. Seen articles pushing the new company line in the Daily Telegraph, the Australian and the Courier Mail so far.

99.99999% that's bullshit. NRL put eyeballs ahead of dollars by giving an extra game to FTA and premium games too instead of kowtowing to Foxtel, so News Corp papers are all piling out how stuffed up the NRL is to try and avenge themselves. Seen articles pushing the new company line in the Daily Telegraph, the Australian and the Courier Mail so far.
You mean Rebecca Wilson has a self-serving agenda!!?? o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back