Random Random Thoughts MMXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
There would be some looking at expensive timepieces whilst choosing which car to drive

You forgot the constant attempts for modship/POTY-ship.

Speaking of - where the hell is POTY?

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney

You don't have to put up with this level of substandard... If you had a mod who was a regular on Bigfooty and oh I don't know, had 18,981 posts?

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Is this an official challenge? I genuinely wonder who would get it if they were held at gunpoint between us :D

I think we are too maverick, rebel like to be mods vonn

You need to be the button your shirt all the way to the neck without a tie type

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
I cannot believe how disconnected I have been (although nice.) I have just heard about the Christopher Harper-Mercer shootings and I feel repulsed. Stricter gun laws may pave the way towards black markets and whatnot but * the arguments against it. It is a start. I cannot believe it.

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
I know. Unfortunately the right to bear arms is so ingrained in the US it will be very difficult to do anything to take that away. Many conservatives still believe in the old idea that one of the first steps on the path towards tyranny is for the government to take guns away from the people in order to dominate them. Ben Carson put it quite well when he said that people who live in the country without ready access to police need to be able to protect themselves. Of course I dream of a day when the US can be gun free but they certainly aren't there yet. They do have to make a start, though.

I know. Unfortunately the right to bear arms is so ingrained in the US it will be very difficult to do anything to take that away. Many conservatives still believe in the old idea that one of the first steps on the path towards tyranny is for the government to take guns away from the people in order to dominate them. Ben Carson put it quite well when he said that people who live in the country without ready access to police need to be able to protect themselves. Of course I dream of a day when the US can be gun free but they certainly aren't there yet. They do have to make a start, though.

Will need a second term president who believes and has control over congress surely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Will need a second term president who believes and has control over congress surely?

All I can say is good luck to whoever tries, because they'll have to convince the people to give up something that they believe is their divine right. It's embedded in their constitution.

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
All I can say is good luck to whoever tries, because they'll have to convince the people to give up something that they believe is their divine right. It's embedded in their constitution.

Its a bloody amendment, not the original constitution itself. If they could change their original constitution that they love so much to include guns they can make changes to said amendment.

Spot on

So second term they know they are done so more likely, though still hard, and need control of congree

Obama wouldnt get it through at all

Its a bloody amendment, not the original constitution itself. If they could change their original constitution that they love so much to include guns they can make changes to said amendment.

True

Though it was 1790ish so its been in there for a bit

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

I know, but it goes back to the principles on which the country was founded. Anything which involves the government imposing restrictions on what people can and cannot do is politically very hard to sell to US conservatives. They see it as an attempt to take away their freedom basically.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
This happening outside Sydney immigration department. Is Australia this against my citizenship? Hahaha.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
I cannot believe how disconnected I have been (although nice.) I have just heard about the Christopher Harper-Mercer shootings and I feel repulsed. Stricter gun laws may pave the way towards black markets and whatnot but **** the arguments against it. It is a start. I cannot believe it.
If they didn't change the laws after the Sandy Hook school shooting they sure aren't going to change them now. Embedded into their constitution isn't really the problem, its the embedding into their national psyche that chaos will surely follow updated gun laws. The fact that not once has a mass shooter been stopped by a gun carrying member of the public seems to elude them.

If they didn't change the laws after the Sandy Hook school shooting they sure aren't going to change them now. Embedded into their constitution isn't really the problem, its the embedding into their national psyche that chaos will surely follow updated gun laws. The fact that not once has a mass shooter been stopped by a gun carrying member of the public seems to elude them.
Gotta wait for the older mob to die out. Same thing with gay marriage. Need those with outdated thinking that won't change their mind to not be making decisions before any progress can be made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back