Random Random Thoughts MMXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatest team in 50 years means i can say what I want doesn't it?

Have you been drinking Kool-Aid out of the premiership cups at the Ricoh Centre again?

I wasn't saying you were offended, I was talking generally.

And indeed, harrassment is about what a 3rd party might think but that doesn't mean that that person is correct. I can justify everything I've ever said in my life and anyone with a brain should be able to as well. That's not to say I've never been wrong but it seems like you can just throw the word harrassment out and think that an arugment can be won on that basis. You can find whatever you like unfunny and I would never aim to tell someone what to find funny, it doesn't mean that that person you find to be unfunny has malicious intent or nefarious purposes.

And political correctness as a legitimate arugment is not obsolete because you say it is.

Like a lot of other people I thought it was funny, a little hilarious even.
I was simply pointing out that even a joke can be seen as harrassment.

Back in 1965 a joke was never considered harrassment, but it's 2015 and it can be so perhaps we should ALL stop and think.
Your "PC" argument is not nonsense because it's "PC", it is nonsense because it makes no sense.

Like a lot of other people I thought it was funny, a little hilarious even.
I was simply pointing out that even a joke can be seen as harrassment.

Back in 1965 a joke was never considered harrassment, but it's 2015 and it can be so perhaps we should ALL stop and think.
Your "PC" argument is not nonsense because it's "PC", it is nonsense because it makes no sense.

My argument isn't about PC-ness. I didn't introduce that into this discussion, you did. I just said that PC-ness isn't obsolete as something to argue against. My argument is about over-sensitivity and hyper-caution. The kind of over-the-top reactions to non-malicious intentions that suck the life out of life and conversation.

ah good to see you're getting to know your new team. That thread is pretty funny.

Haha one of the early posters in that thread says that he wouldn't want a selfish JPK back anyway because he'd rather someone like Mitch Hallahan who would stick around and fight his way into the club's best 22. It was liked by about twenty people.

Lolz.
Bored is full of flogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My argument isn't about PC-ness. I didn't introduce that into this discussion, you did. I just said that PC-ness isn't obsolete as something to argue against. My argument is about over-sensitivity and hyper-caution. The kind of over-the-top reactions to non-malicious intentions that suck the life out of life and conversation.

1. Your over reaction to what I wrote makes you a hypocrite.
2. Not only did you over react to what I wrote you took the opportunity to throw in a cheap shot. Fail.

Ruined the story for mine
They wrote the ending after writing the first episode. They couldn't account for character development and how well the actors played their characters. Though I read a theory:

Tracy dies and ends up with her first love Max. Ted ends up with his first love Robin.

Despite the fact they RUINED Barney by making him revert back to the womoniser for the 4th time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back