Random Random Thoughts MMXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a VERY emotive issue and it's hard to come to terms with, but I don't know of any other religious sect in the world today that promotes an ideology of hatred towards Shiite Muslims, Christians and anyone else who does not subscribe to the same warped view of the world. It's the Wahhabi sect of Islam and is taught by schools in Saudi Arabia. An entire generation has already been indocrinated with it because politicians stupidly let it grow. The world needs to do what it has failed to do since 9/11 - cut this off at the source, namely, those who preach such intolerance and fund terror. I'm upset and beyond saddened by what happened but I'm also angry, because yesterday's attacks and those that have come before them all have a common cause.

What do you propose?

Dropping bombs doesn't work infact i go as far as it makes the situation worse, stray bombs happen they hit civilian targets and you end up with young kids growing up hating America and the west and end up as a Jihadist or the future of these groups.

You have to attack their ideology you have to expose that their "version" of Islam is false.

I do wonder how very close we are to the tipping point (another Hiroshima)

I know this is a VERY emotive issue and it's hard to come to terms with, but I don't know of any other religious sect in the world today that promotes an ideology of hatred towards Shiite Muslims, Christians and anyone else who does not subscribe to the same warped view of the world. It's the Wahhabi sect of Islam and is taught by schools in Saudi Arabia. An entire generation has already been indocrinated with it because politicians stupidly let it grow. The world needs to do what it has failed to do since 9/11 - cut this off at the source, namely, those who preach such intolerance and fund terror. I'm upset and beyond saddened by what happened but I'm also angry, because yesterday's attacks and those that have come before them all have a common cause.
THIS

Not sure who you cut off or who you attack..

The world is full of senseless violence on all sides and all religions..

Religion is a waste of time. Everybody preaches against everyone else. They are all as intollerant as each other.

Religion is a waste of time. Everybody preaches against everyone else. They are all as intollerant as each other.

I'm not religious, but this is not true at all.

Not sure who you cut off or who you attack..

The world is full of senseless violence on all sides and all religions..

Well there is me and you who enjoy going out on Friday nights to a resturant with our loved ones and there is people who kill in the name of a imaginary character.

They aren't afraid to die because they have been hard drilled that a vision of heaven awaits them with 5000 virgins and what they are doing to non-believers is perfectly acceptable.

I'm not religious, but this is not true at all.

Fair point was simplistic
I am just tired of religion full stop sorry
Just angry at this and so much other crap

Why is it so hard to just be nice to put it very simply

Fair point was simplistic
I am just tired of religion full stop sorry
Just angry at this and so much other crap

Why is it so hard to just be nice to put it very simply

I know, and I understand. I wish it were as simple as just being nice, but that won't stop terrorism. Some people are just arseholes unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the only Rhonda I know is the one with the Kutut rooster, but he's stuck in Bali
He came back to surprise her at her high school reunion

This Rhonda is a UFC fighter who put women fighting on the map. Undefeated for ages, was the main event over all the male matches and a belt holder. She got knocked out in 2 rounds by someone else and no one saw it coming

Id love to see them try something against Russia. The world knows Russia would just blow them off the face of the earth if provoked (albeit alot of innocent casualties). Interesting to read France ranks top 5 in military power. But DOESNT include nuclear weapons. Easily top 3 if you count that. People under estimate France and their firepower but they can mix it with the big boys if needed.

More comedy from the so-called religion of peace. This guy openly says he wants to bring Sharia law to everyone and admits to encouraging attacks against America if people don't embrace it. WTFDWFT is being too nice.

More comedy from the so-called religion of peace. This guy openly says he wants to bring Sharia law to everyone and admits to encouraging attacks against America if people don't embrace it. WTFDWFT is being too nice.

* one person doesn't speak for all, plus how old is that??

**** one person doesn't speak for all, plus how old is that??

Of course one doesn't speak for all.
Unfortunately, he is not alone in his views - he admitted as much in that interview. I don't see how the age of the interview matters. You only need a small minority of people who hold such blatantly intolerant beliefs to influence the majority. Personally I find the idea that radicals can spread such vile propaganda goes against all the values that we hold dear, and we should call them out at every opportunity.

ALL forms of terrorism are unacceptable but the world hasn't faced a threat like this before. I don't get why people are so reluctant to acknowledge the cause and tiptoe around what is right in front of us. We'll have to agree to disagree as it's not a good look for mods to argue in public ;)

NI is a completely conflict, that was a country invading another.

Far from the case, in fact the invasion was in the 1600's - on those grounds we could say Australia is an invaded country (oh wait). Religion played a huge part in the troubles after the creation of the Irish Free State - Protestant majority wishing to stay part of the United Kingdom with the Catholic minority wanting to become part of the Irish Free State. Don't forget the IRA are still active despite the Good Friday Agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back