Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2009
MEL --> ADL
AFL Club
Sydney
I wonder what happened here...
uploadfromtaptalk1425310805320.jpg

Hi All xx

Sorry i have been so MIA just been such a hectic few months in my life...bit of soul searching i guess you could say
Almost packed my bags and moved to melbourne but ended up finding a two bed room apartment here in clovelly

how have you all been? Im so looking forward to footy starting again and to see all of you xx
Good to see you back Soph!!

aside from being silly with the title, i think the tom mitchell question is the most asked swans question just about and thread worthy

kid with big wraps who performed last time he actually got a chance seems to get limited chances compared to others.

i know as a swans fan i get asked where he is at more than anyone.

I respect the mods decisions to lock threads or delete, but i am not sure why discussing the future of a kid we overpaid with massive wraps isnt worthy of a discussion

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
The original question was asked as 'why isn't he getting a go' when he clearly was - I said he had played every NAB game - which in turn created unnecesary speculation and caused the thread to go down the wrong path. But yes the topic is thread worthy just not the original question as it was asked, because he is getting chances, he is just coming off a year where he was injured.

Lerch

Senior List
Jan 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
So this deserves a thread but a legitimate discussion of Mitchell's spot in the team gets locked? My god.
Lol indeed certain mods play favourites. Quiet sad considering it's an online forum.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Control your alias SM.

Dan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Why did the Mitchell thread that was actually, you know, about the Sydney Swans in the 2015 season get locked but a lame fanrotic hashtag be allowed to fly in its own thread?

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
aside from being silly with the title, i think the tom mitchell question is the most asked swans question just about and thread worthy

kid with big wraps who performed last time he actually got a chance seems to get limited chances compared to others.

i know as a swans fan i get asked where he is at more than anyone.

I respect the mods decisions to lock threads or delete, but i am not sure why discussing the future of a kid we overpaid with massive wraps isnt worthy of a discussion
It was just the stupid title that put me off. He will be ok. Can't wait for the season to start so we can talk about the game and not speculative s**t

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Why did the Mitchell thread that was actually, you know, about the Sydney Swans in the 2015 season get locked but a lame fanrotic hashtag be allowed to fly in its own thread?

Don't be so mad, embrace the awkward boner you have right now.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

Um, it might have been because the person who started it asked a question that was answered before it got to the end of the first page?

I have PM'ed the thread starter and we are all good, so I think you guys should able to live with it. I'd rather have a thread about a silly hashtag than a thread speculating about a non-issue.

Dan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Don't be so mad, embrace the awkward boner you have right now.

I like the elevation Hawney gets, sure. That first pic he's flying. But I don't like the stigma that Swans supporters get for drinking chardonnay and having no clue. Can't help but feel it makes it onto this Big Footy board. Here's an example. When a thread dedicated to Mitchells spot in the 22, a divisive player is locked and this is allowed to fly. It just won't happen on a lot of other boards and I find it embarassing. Ofcourse it has nothing to do with your posting as I can see you have a rich history of posting. I just hope you can understand where I'm coming from :)

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
When a thread dedicated to Mitchells spot in the 22, a divisive player is locked and this is allowed to fly. It just won't happen on a lot of other boards and I find it embarassing. Ofcourse it has nothing to do with your posting as I can see you have a rich history of posting. I just hope you can understand where I'm coming from :)

Understand, but Mitchell's spot in the 22 isn't in doubt. He's played every NAB game and they're clearly easing him back in to senior football after his injuries last year. If he's still not getting opportunities when the season proper starts, then it's a genuine question. The thread was just adding fuel to the fire that he's supposedly not getting a go, as we had a lot of opposition supporters asking about his status last year.

Dan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Understand, but Mitchell's spot in the 22 isn't in doubt. He's played every NAB game and they're clearly easing him back in to senior football after his injuries last year. If he's still not getting opportunities when the season proper starts, then it's a genuine question. The thread was just adding fuel to the fire that he's supposedly not getting a go, as we had a lot of opposition supporters asking about his status last year.

The hope is you're fostering a robust discussion where everyone can learn from everyone. And in general the Sydney Swans online community reflects the game-intelligent people that occupy it.

Anyways, Sorry to derail.

too #hawneyforheeney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back